FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] HighOnAndroid v1 Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery Touch 6.0.1.1

1,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,883
 
Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2012, 08:25 PM |#11  
Notonlyeyes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 535
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax

I used his builder then hacked graphics.c

???

Please tutorial graphics.c ...Thanks by Notonlyeyes
17th August 2012, 04:46 PM |#12  
TungstenM's Avatar
Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
I tried flashing with odin following the procedure on the video and with heimdall also, but when I boot in the recovery there is the stock one...both odin and heimdall say the flash is successful and the binary count increases...I also of course tried downloading the recovery again...any suggestions?
17th August 2012, 06:53 PM |#13  
zedomax's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,883
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gol-D

I tried flashing with odin following the procedure on the video and with heimdall also, but when I boot in the recovery there is the stock one...both odin and heimdall say the flash is successful and the binary count increases...I also of course tried downloading the recovery again...any suggestions?

Did you do:

Code:
heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img
The Following User Says Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free
17th August 2012, 11:53 PM |#14  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,477
 
Donate to Me
More
There is still no clean return-to-stock package available for the N8013: Could someone who has installed this recovery and NOT rooted their device or made any other modifications to /system please go into recovery, change the backup format to tar (it's in the backup/restore menu), and do a backup? Then please post system.ext4.tar

That will get us a stock unmodified system (including proper permissions and such), which can then be rooted and flashed in Odin to get stock unmodified kernel/recovery images. Unlike the N8000, the N8013 does not yet have a stock image available anywhere.
18th August 2012, 12:03 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Zedomax......greatstuff...root access on the N8010 no problem at all

.................................................. ..................................................

Entropy512

Will try to do this now... But it'll be N8010.


Ive got the file for the N8010 on my desktop, but XDA isnt letting me upload the file keeps failing - any thoughts?


Dc

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
18th August 2012, 03:14 AM |#16  
zedomax's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,883
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

There is still no clean return-to-stock package available for the N8013: Could someone who has installed this recovery and NOT rooted their device or made any other modifications to /system please go into recovery, change the backup format to tar (it's in the backup/restore menu), and do a backup? Then please post system.ext4.tar

That will get us a stock unmodified system (including proper permissions and such), which can then be rooted and flashed in Odin to get stock unmodified kernel/recovery images. Unlike the N8000, the N8013 does not yet have a stock image available anywhere.

Just use this bud:
http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote...ctedSystem.zip

And remove /system/xbin/su and /system/app/Superuser.apk

Other than those two files, it's completely stock I pulled off my stock N8013.

I could reupload it but it would be the exact same thing as removing the two files.
18th August 2012, 04:32 AM |#17  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax

Just use this bud:
http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote...ctedSystem.zip

And remove /system/xbin/su and /system/app/Superuser.apk

Other than those two files, it's completely stock I pulled off my stock N8013.

I could reupload it but it would be the exact same thing as removing the two files.

That does the trick. So far I only saw your N8000 dump. .tar would be preferable due to permissions issues, but that issue is fixable with a little bit of time.

I did the same thing with I777... Right now the only RTS packages I have are rooted ones since it's so easy to remove. I really should reupload 100% clean packages (I used to have them, and then the MegaUpload fiasco killed ALL the damn mirrors and I haven't gotten around to reuploading...)

Edit: Oh, it's a zipped-up .tar - misleading, I usually name those either .tar.7z (using 7-zip to compress) or just .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 (standard compressed tarballs)
18th August 2012, 05:03 AM |#18  
zedomax's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,883
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

That does the trick. So far I only saw your N8000 dump. .tar would be preferable due to permissions issues, but that issue is fixable with a little bit of time.

I did the same thing with I777... Right now the only RTS packages I have are rooted ones since it's so easy to remove. I really should reupload 100% clean packages (I used to have them, and then the MegaUpload fiasco killed ALL the damn mirrors and I haven't gotten around to reuploading...)

Edit: Oh, it's a zipped-up .tar - misleading, I usually name those either .tar.7z (using 7-zip to compress) or just .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 (standard compressed tarballs)

Well, I am just waiting for samfirmware to upload some official images, rather enjoy some of my note 10.1 first for awhile, it's pretty fascinating device, I've never used a tablet for a long time before getting this one, makes my life more productive. Yeah, what's up with Megaupload, that move by feds should have been illegal.
18th August 2012, 05:12 AM |#19  
Junior Member
Flag Huntersville
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I have a few questions about root and I was hoping someone could help. I am fairly new to rooting. I have a galaxy nexus that i use CWM Recovery and have root. I need to root my Note but I am not familiar with the binary counter (all is a little different than the nexus was). If I Flash this CWM recovery and root after will the binary counter increase? is the only way to prevent binary counter to inject root? (all CWM will cause it to increase?)
I know i am a noob but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!
18th August 2012, 05:21 AM |#20  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzkool

I have a few questions about root and I was hoping someone could help. I am fairly new to rooting. I have a galaxy nexus that i use CWM Recovery and have root. I need to root my Note but I am not familiar with the binary counter (all is a little different than the nexus was). If I Flash this CWM recovery and root after will the binary counter increase? is the only way to prevent binary counter to inject root? (all CWM will cause it to increase?)
I know i am a noob but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Flashing a recovery or kernel image in Odin will cause the binary counter to increase.

Flashing it using dd or Mobile Odin from a rooted system will not make it increase.

So the "safest" way to root is currently to flash that root-injected system image linked a few posts above, as it's fully unrootable and won't trigger the counter.

I have visitors most of this weekend so won't be able to do much work - once I get my kernel source tree properly set up I'm going to work on getting TriangleAway working on this device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2012, 08:26 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
second time lucky.

DC
Attached Files
File Type: 7z system.ext4.tar.7z - [Click for QR Code] (98 Bytes, 150 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes