Full root for A50x ICS 4.0.3[LEAK]. Simple method.

Search This thread

CaH9

Jan 7, 2012
Tartu
Doesn't work for me! It just writes 1) Daemon not running. Starting on port 5037.
2) Daemon started successfully...
And nothing happens.

DrPlumEU

Nov 13, 2010
London
Ok, how do we get root for A500 ICS 4.0.3 stock._1.031_WW_GEN1?

Thanks

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

CaH9

Jan 7, 2012
Tartu
Okay, when I extracted to C:\ it write this:

Attachments

• asegtcmls.jpg
    asegtcmls.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 2,156

meet2x4

Mar 19, 2011
Wheatland
If you're having trouble with it just sitting and doing nothing then you're A500 probably doesn't have the ADB driver installed properly. Get to an elevated command prompt, navigate to the ics rooting folder and type "adb devices" and make sure it's connected. If not(in my case there wasn't an ADB device driver installed for my Acer), I had to go here for a round about fix.

Worked fine after I forced the install of the driver! Stock ICS OTA update from 3.2. Hope this helps somebody and saves them a few hours.

drunkbum

Jan 10, 2009
This works.... I had to reinstall driver for a500 from acer site. Was on custom ics rom went back to a stock rooted hc rom. Updated to the official release of ics manually and then did this and now rooted. I was getting Daemon started successfully but nothing would happen. After installing driver with a500 connected with debugging checked it worked said driver didnt install but in device manager a500 had no more yellow flag.

Reactions: internetpilot

tc80tc80

Jun 8, 2008
AS far as I can tell, this method worked on my OTA from this morning...

Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1

Any way to test for sure?

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
This works.... I had to reinstall driver for a500 from acer site. Was on custom ics rom went back to a stock rooted hc rom. Updated to the official release of ics manually and then did this and now rooted. I was getting Daemon started successfully but nothing would happen. After installing driver with a500 connected with debugging checked it worked said driver didnt install but in device manager a500 had no more yellow flag.

Worked for me once I updated the USB driver from Acer. Thanks, Drunk bum! And thanks to the OP, too.

wcrov

May 13, 2006
I wrapped something like this up into a GUI ages ago ;) Perhaps I'll make a linux & mac one at some point too. My GUI installs Superuser and allows the user to install Trebuchet, FaceLock (currently buggy) and other tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520469

any luck with the mac guide?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

For firmware:
Acer_AV041_A500_0.022.00_WW_GEN1.
Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1
Acer_AV041_A500_0.014.00_WW_GEN1
Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

How to:
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS 4.0.3[LEAK] for A500.
2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
SuperUser APK
Titanium Backup

This worked for me! I just had hard time getting my M$ Windows to install ADB drivers (I hate windows..lol)... Thanks!

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
AS far as I can tell, this method worked on my OTA from this morning...

Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1

Any way to test for sure?

There's a number of ways to check. First, check the app drawer for Superuser. If it's there, you probably have root. You can download Terminal Emulator and run the command su. You should be prompted to allow root. Hit accept. If $ changes to # on the next line, you have root. There are other apps on the Play Store for root checking as well

Last edited:

tc80tc80

Jun 8, 2008
Thanks. SuperUser was missing for some reason so had to go get it but Terminal Emulator worked.

Now to wait for someone to come up with ClockWorkMod for the OTA ICS.

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
Thanks. SuperUser was missing for some reason so had to go get it but Terminal Emulator worked.

Now to wait for someone to come up with ClockWorkMod for the OTA ICS.

Civato (et al) already compiled a guide for that HERE

Instead of flashing his "lite" ROM, just skip that step (step #4) and you'll have a patched ICS bootloader and CWM with the stock rooted OTA. You can't skip one part of step 4 -- you do need to delete "recovery-from-boot.p" from the "/system" folder or else the next time you boot your A500, it will put the stock recovery on it.

Worked like a charm for me!

SERGIOG399

May 1, 2009
THANKS !!! Worked on A500 after official ICS OTA

any luck with the mac guide?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

This worked for me! I just had hard time getting my M$ Windows to install ADB drivers (I hate windows..lol)... Thanks!

I can´t believe this was so easy !!!.. THANKS A LOT ..
It worked for me after updating to the ICS, official Acer OTA for Iconia A500.
Now I can use titanium bakcup to restore all my stuff !

MASTER !!

wcrov

May 13, 2006
I can´t believe this was so easy !!!.. THANKS A LOT ..
It worked for me after updating to the ICS, official Acer OTA for Iconia A500.
Now I can use titanium bakcup to restore all my stuff !

MASTER !!

Did you unlock your bootloader? To root is less painful than unlocking bootloader. I'm currently trying to get an easy way (mac, microSD, etc) for unlocking my bootloader...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

BBAHunter

Jun 25, 2009
Any way to make it work for Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1 from OTA?

Running the bat file I get some chineese then the tab reboots, running the cmds manually to find the error I get to the getroot.sh script which kicks off the reboot.

So...after editing getroot.sh to stop the reboot, then using adbshell, I decided to check around. Seems I can get SU but, its not helping, here is what I am seeing:

1|shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ #

shell@android:/ # mount
mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 on /system type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 on /system/vendor type ext4 (ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/sdcard type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)

/dev/block/vold/179:33 on /mnt/external_sd type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=07
02,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

shell@android:/ # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
1|shell@android:/ #

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Hah! Success! I was able to use ES File Explorer from this point to take root and mount file systesm as writable.

Seems like a pain to go through this every time just to get adhoc working. Problem is...the wpa_suplicant file that works on 3.2 doesnt work on ICS...darnit. Guess thats the next challenge.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

For A500 and A501 ICS[LEAK] firmware.

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A50x (or stock ICS A10x/A510 for other tablets).
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
    PS2: Sorry for the Russian language in the old executable file, the archive has been confused

For firmware:
    Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1
    Acer_AV041_A500_0.014.00_WW_GEN1
    Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS 4.0.3[LEAK] for A500.
    2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: Command "mount -o remount,rw /system" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

I wrapped something like this up into a GUI ages ago ;) Perhaps I'll make a linux & mac one at some point too. My GUI installs Superuser and allows the user to install Trebuchet, FaceLock (currently buggy) and other tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520469
    I can confirm, that it works with ACER_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1 too
    Ok. Read:
    You are wellcome! And if possible help me grow here in XDA using "Thanks button" (it's free lol).

Well, about the root is the same here, I can see superuser and su, and can go to shell and call #
    But, when I try (for example) create a directory inside system the message "ready only" appear.
    :(

But it's my firts time trying to use root. Any help will be very glad!

Regards,
    Simply fire up ICS Root and click "Remount /system rw" In the "Remount Tools" menu ;)
    Once you get the success message, feel free to unplug your tablet and play around with the system folder as you see fit :)
    My method work "as it should". ;)
    I know this is an old thread but having issues with the root here. Trying to update my Iconia having ICS 4.0.3, rooting and installing Jelly Bean. However, I am getting the same error which everybody has got which is:

I've seen a lot of people ask the question but no answer. My drivers are up to date. I can access the internal drive through windows. I've tried with antivirus disabled but no love. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Here's a link to blackthunder tools:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8q1190khi3i01wo/
    There is a program called ICS root in it. Try that and see if it works.

If you want to unlock the bootloader(after you root) and a list of lollipop roms follow this thread:
    https://xdaforums.com/iconia-a500/general/2018-a500-upgrade-threaddownloads-to-t3832293