Kernel 3.0.31 :)

Search This thread

erikcas

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl
i think that psyke can help us , he was in the same condision like us...idk but psyke is a master in android and he be began from a scrach :)

Well.. Been into this with psyke for some time now. He offered all help he could, but no luck so far
For genius amongst us, here is latest status: http://pastebin.com/ebf64ma1
If you have any idea, you are welcome

Last edited:

Stannieman

Sep 5, 2011
Why does rfs matter as almost all roms use ext4?

Edit, sorry, I found it is actually fsr and not rfs...
What is fsr exactly?

EDIT 2:
Its Samsung's Flex Sector Remapper. It lets us access the internal flash. Drivers for the fsr are closed source and the binaries are incompatible with the 3+ kernel.
So without the source orbinaries working on the new kernel we can't use the phones internal memory. I think it's possible to boot android from sd with new kernel, but that would be way worse than running it from internal memory with the older kernel.

Last edited:

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl

What is fsr exactly?

EDIT 2:
Its Samsung's Flex Sector Remapper. It lets us access the internal flash. Drivers for the fsr are closed source and the binaries are incompatible with the 3+ kernel.
So without the source orbinaries working on the new kernel we can't use the phones internal memory. I think it's possible to boot android from sd with new kernel, but that would be way worse than running it from internal memory with the older kernel.

Run from sd is an option for users with > class 6 sd

With any lower class it would lagg like ....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl
Current status on this:
Tested MTD driver, all hard work done and patched by psyke and ounao, which I applied to kernel 3

Tree: This link to my github

This is the commit for MTD and especially this part taken from Ounao's patch you find here

This leaves me with this dmesg on boot (note: I use a minimalistic defconfig, and I boot in a recovery environment which not jumps to android)

As you can see, there is a problem with the badblocks functions. All block are marked bad, so this leaves no useable blocks. Therefore, are partitions seem to be full:
Code:
~ # df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   138.7M     48.0K    138.7M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   138.7M      8.0K    138.7M   0% /tmp
/dev/block/mtdblock13
                         29.0M     29.0M         0 100% /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock12
                        188.3M    188.3M         0 100% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock11
                        217.3M    217.3M         0 100% /system

I publish this, on many requests, so all get out there, find aditional kernel devs who can help us out here.

I also will post a dmesg with debugging enabled later

All info and history and all the hard work done by psyke and ounao can be found here

Last edited:

Dark Passenger

Apr 18, 2012
Pune
Last edited:

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
You're actually lucky you caught me in a good mood. Randomly mentioning names of developers in hope one would fix your phones is really irritating. Especially if none of them even have the device.

I don't have this phone, have no access to this phone, and no way of getting this phone and therefore can't do any development on this phone. That's just how it is. Maybe if I had the device I'd help out but I don't. This will be the response the other RDs will have (if they even respond. Usually they don't because we get this all the time).

To get the OneNAND going, I have no idea how you're going to be able to do that because until now, I didn't even know Samsung put the OneNAND in on of their MSM7227 devices. There likely won't be any MTD code for the device and that's going to be the only way you're going to get it to work. Don't muck around with FSR. Its a one way trip to trouble. FSR is seriously bad news. Its not worth wasting your time and effort and potentially bricking your phones trying to get FSR working. Get MTD working with the OneNAND and use YAFFS2 or UBIFS.

That's all the help I can give. Other than that, tell people to get a class 10 SD card and install Android on that.

Dark Passenger

Apr 18, 2012
Pune
You're actually lucky you caught me in a good mood. Randomly mentioning names of developers in hope one would fix your phones is really irritating. Especially if none of them even have the device.

I don't have this phone, have no access to this phone, and no way of getting this phone and therefore can't do any development on this phone. That's just how it is. Maybe if I had the device I'd help out but I don't. This will be the response the other RDs will have (if they even respond. Usually they don't because we get this all the time).

To get the OneNAND going, I have no idea how you're going to be able to do that because until now, I didn't even know Samsung put the OneNAND in on of their MSM7227 devices. There likely won't be any MTD code for the device and that's going to be the only way you're going to get it to work. Don't muck around with FSR. Its a one way trip to trouble. FSR is seriously bad news. Its not worth wasting your time and effort and potentially bricking your phones trying to get FSR working. Get MTD working with the OneNAND and use YAFFS2 or UBIFS.

That's all the help I can give. Other than that, tell people to get a class 10 SD card and install Android on that.

can you please read post #9 .

the random mentions was actually to attract you RD s to that post so that Erik and the other "RD"s could well pick your brain on the matter.

my apologies if this wasted your time or insulted you in any way.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

hello my gio brothers and sisters :D psyke83 made a full working 3.0.31 kernel for samsung galaxy 5 and that phone is a msm7x27 samsung device as our gio is so maybe we will have in 2-3 months a working kernel for out little phone :p http://madteam.co/forum/development-8/(dev)-cyanogenmod-10-1-galaxy5-port-(androidarmv6)/

Hi can you hilight erik s post it #9 .

since we given a shout out to some big guys they usually don't tend to see the entire thread.

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl

About access to the phone. I still have some resources in my donations account, waiting for a proper destination. If you would consider taking the challenge contact me :)
I am sure donators consider this a good destination too. But should keep in mind, there might be a change that it turns out to be a mission impossibe.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N8010 met Tapatalk

Reactions: GalaxyAce User

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
can you please read post #9 .

the random mentions was actually to attract you RD s to that post so that Erik and the other "RD"s could well pick your brain on the matter.

my apologies if this wasted your time or insulted you in any way.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Hi can you hilight erik s post it #9 .

since we given a shout out to some big guys they usually don't tend to see the entire thread.

I have only read the post that called me here and a PM I got from somebody.As i said though, calling RDs like this doesnt work. Only volunteers who actually own the phone can help you.

About access to the phone. I still have some resources in my donations account, waiting for a proper destination. If you would consider taking the challenge contact me :)
I am sure donators consider this a good destination too. But should keep in mind, there might be a change that it turns out to be a mission impossibe.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N8010 met Tapatalk

I'd consider it perhaps but I have a very busy life and don't even know if I could get it working in my spare time. Maybe I could. Maybe I can't.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

erikcas

May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl
I've re-tested the MTD driver on my GT-I5500 with partial success. I've documented the results on my thread on the MadTeam forum.

Maybe we should have a topic in the general section? Development of this driver should be of interest to developers of at least half a dozen Samsung devices (Callisto, Ace, Fit, Mini, Gio, Europa)...

Agree on that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

yajnab

Apr 1, 2012
Purulia
I've re-tested the MTD driver on my GT-I5500 with partial success. I've documented the results on my thread on the MadTeam forum.

Maybe we should have a topic in the general section? Development of this driver should be of interest to developers of at least half a dozen Samsung devices (Callisto, Ace, Fit, Mini, Gio, Europa)...

Will be happy if u push your patch to github.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i think that psyke can help us , he was in the same condision like us...idk but psyke is a master in android and he be began from a scrach :)

Well.. Been into this with psyke for some time now. He offered all help he could, but no luck so far
    For genius amongst us, here is latest status: http://pastebin.com/ebf64ma1
    If you have any idea, you are welcome
    Current status on this:
    Tested MTD driver, all hard work done and patched by psyke and ounao, which I applied to kernel 3

Tree: This link to my github

This is the commit for MTD and especially this part taken from Ounao's patch you find here

This leaves me with this dmesg on boot (note: I use a minimalistic defconfig, and I boot in a recovery environment which not jumps to android)

As you can see, there is a problem with the badblocks functions. All block are marked bad, so this leaves no useable blocks. Therefore, are partitions seem to be full:
    Code:
    ~ # df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    tmpfs                   138.7M     48.0K    138.7M   0% /dev
    tmpfs                   138.7M      8.0K    138.7M   0% /tmp
    /dev/block/mtdblock13
                             29.0M     29.0M         0 100% /cache
    /dev/block/mtdblock12
                            188.3M    188.3M         0 100% /data
    /dev/block/mtdblock11
                            217.3M    217.3M         0 100% /system

I publish this, on many requests, so all get out there, find aditional kernel devs who can help us out here.

I also will post a dmesg with debugging enabled later

All info and history and all the hard work done by psyke and ounao can be found here

What is fsr exactly?

Simplistic explanation:
    It handles the internal flash memory, so crucial partitions like /system, /data and /cache can be mounted and used by android (or any other os)