[HOW TO] UNROOT, get phone to STOCK firmware

Search This thread

thieves dont

Jun 6, 2009
I REALLY need some help guys. I followed every step properly, especially in the Unlockr video, but when I go to the bootload (camera+end) it keeps telling me there is no image, and just says "Serial0"

Please help!

davidsalinas

Mar 17, 2008
I unrooted and i am on firmware version 1.5 and am trying to get to 1.6 I tried the system update but it says system up to date

Last edited:

mighty whitey

Sep 22, 2007
albuquerque
i am trying to take a phone I previously rooted for a friend back from jf1.51 to a standard tmobile rom. I followed the directions and I coming up with a problem. I ALT s the update in the recovery tool and it says it completes the update but it doesnt take very long and the update doesnt go through the normally long process. Now when I reboot it stays stuck in the splash screen.

Its sounds like a problem Ive read about a million times but its finally happening to me.

Heres what I think. The memory card I originally used was formatted and I dont think this one is and that may be the problem. Could this be the problem.

mindclue22

Oct 1, 2009
ok si have researched and downloaded all the right files did as instructions said .... also same went to the unlockr and watched the video and still no luck

ok so when i go into the bootloader screen it says no image ... havent done anything fancy to the phone except root it and i need to unroot so i can return and get another cuz my keyboard and speaker is actin up ... can someone please help

ashshlay

Jul 27, 2003
oops!

I flashed the RC29 NBH file using from my sd card and forgot to flash the spl back to stock. I am looking at the fastboot screen after it loaded all the files on the NBH and I'm worried that because the radio is not the new one I am going to screw up my device when I hit ACTION to reboot.

Any suggestions?

Can I just flash my radio to the new version via fastboot before rebooting or am I screwed?

ashshlay

Jul 27, 2003
@gonintendo

You can manually flash the updates to your device.

One of the last full updates is signed-kila-ota-148830.de6a94ca.zip

I found it on these forums and then you should be able to use the incremental updates from there.

ashshlay

Jul 27, 2003
Yes.

I just did this myself and used the file after flashing the NBH file and then rebooted into recovery, hit alt+L, then alt+S to apply the file that was renamed to update.zip from signed-kila-ota-148830.de6a94ca.zip

mattguzman73

Sep 30, 2009
www.team-kenya.com
I did everything the way that this post says to do it and now I can not enter recovery mode! when I try it brings up the phone and shows an exclamation point in a triangle! Any Ideas why? I am now running rc29 but it has not updated yet and I was thinking of just manually updating it to rc30 and then rc33. Is there something I could do to get to recovery mode? Also, rc29 does not give me the option to check for updates on the phone like rc33 does so that is why I was looking to manually update.

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
Recovery

I did everything the way that this post says to do it and now I can not enter recovery mode! when I try it brings up the phone and shows an exclamation point in a triangle! Any Ideas why? I am now running rc29 but it has not updated yet and I was thinking of just manually updating it to rc30 and then rc33. Is there something I could do to get to recovery mode? Also, rc29 does not give me the option to check for updates on the phone like rc33 does so that is why I was looking to manually update.

the exclamation with the triangle is the recovery .. you should be able to use ALT+L to pull up the text

keraba

Nov 17, 2008
Can't install DREAIMG.nbh

I have JF's last image(s) and I'm following the instructions at:

http://theunlockr.com/2009/07/05/how-to-unroot-your-t-mobile-g1/

to unroot it. I installed the first update.zip just fine. I even waited
for the arrow going into the box before yanking the battery.

When I powered it on with Camera+End, it booted up into a
red-blue-green screen with this written on the screen:

DREA100 PVT 32B
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I

Sep 2 2008

Serial0

But first it flashed the message, "No image files!"

When I pressed End to have it install DREAIMG.nbh,
nothing happened.

I put all the images onto the sdcard before starting.
I verified that the md5 sums matched my PC's.
Here they are:

210365 update.zip ae58... (was G1OrigBootloader_nocheck.zip)
91564352 DREAIMG.nbh 5384... (was in DREAIMG-RC29.zip)

Does DREAIMG.nbh have to be spelled/capitalized a certain way ?

I'm not sure that its a FAT32 issue because its the stock SD.

Any help would be appreciated.

keraba

Nov 17, 2008
Can't install DREAIMG.nbh

I have JF's last image(s) and I'm following the instructions at:

http://theunlockr.com/2009/07/05/how-to-unroot-your-t-mobile-g1/

to unroot it. I installed the first update.zip just fine. I even waited
for the arrow going into the box before yanking the battery.

When I powered it on with Camera+End, it booted up into a
red-blue-green screen with this written on the screen:

DREA100 PVT 32B
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I

Sep 2 2008

Serial0

But first it flashed the message, "No image files!"

When I pressed End to have it install DREAIMG.nbh,
nothing happened.

I put all the images onto the sdcard before starting.
I verified that the md5 sums matched my PC's.
Here they are:

210365 update.zip ae58... (was G1OrigBootloader_nocheck.zip)
91564352 DREAIMG.nbh 5384... (was in DREAIMG-RC29.zip)

Does DREAIMG.nbh have to be spelled/capitalized a certain way ?

I'm not sure that its a FAT32 issue because its the stock SD,
and I put everything there via adb push.

Any help would be appreciated.

(Sorry, no idea why the double-post.)

Last edited:

ady_uaic

Dec 12, 2006
Birmingham
hello. i have my device stucked on the splash screen, and i want to bring the device to stock firmware. i don't think that i have to do the step 5, 'cause i didn't root with my device, and now i'm at step 8 "5. Hit power to start the update DO NOT INTERRUPT!! i can not stress this enough." and, after checking checksum, or something like that, appears this error: Model ID incorrect! Update Failed!. what shoud I do? my device is:

Dream pvt 32b ship s-on

ady_uaic

Dec 12, 2006
Birmingham
please help me guys!!! after i've done that, now my device won't start at all. not even in recovery mode or fastboot menu!!!!!! appears that logo start, stays for 4-5 seconds and then restart and appears again. i've tried to press power+home, power+camera but appears the same logo :(.

Frogzilla

May 23, 2009
Phoenix Arizona
quick help please.

i need to do a warranty exchange with T-mo, thanks T-mo.

i have the orig spl and the dream.nbh to get back to stock but i don't have the original recovery image. i'm running the mod'd jf1.4, where can i download the original? or does the dream.nbh have the orig recovery console in it?

many thanks

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
NBH

quick help please.

i need to do a warranty exchange with T-mo, thanks T-mo.

i have the orig spl and the dream.nbh to get back to stock but i don't have the original recovery image. i'm running the mod'd jf1.4, where can i download the original? or does the dream.nbh have the orig recovery console in it?

many thanks

the NBH file writes over everything .. everything should return to RC29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok since there are 5 threads right now on the first page about how to do it and there shouldn't be, this is what you do, i will not link anything to anything because you should be able to find everything pretty easily(they are all stickies)

so all of you that messed something up on your phone and need to get it back into warranty this is how, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

NOTE: if you have flashed a custom splash screen to splash2 then you will need to erase that before step one with this code
    plug phone into usb in fastboot mode
    Code:
    fastboot erase splash2
    After that you will have only one splash screen and when you flash the .nbh you will be fine

1. Get the original SPL for your phone, get it here
    2. Rename it to update.zip and copy it to your sd card. /sdcard
    3. Download the DREAIMG.nbh from here.
    4. Place DREAIMG.nbh on the root of your SD card. /sdcard
    5. Go into your phones recovery. [Hold the home & power button]
    6. Push Alt+S on your G1 to flash it with update.zip
    7. After it does its thing, gettig back to your home screen.
    4. Start phone in bootloader. [Hold camera+power button]
    5. Hit power to start the update DO NOT INTERRUPT!! i can not stress this enough.
    6. Click on the action button(track ball) and your phone will reboot.
    7. YOU NOW HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE, it will update on it's own in a little bit, or *Settings>About phone>System Updates*