[ROM][DEV][WIP] CyanogenMod 11 for the LG G Flex

Search This thread

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
is there gonna be a build for the 950?
im dying for some cyanogenmod

This does work on the d950 BUT (BIG BUT!) It's in very early beta stages and most things aren't working still. You're better off waiting unless you are a developer etc who can help this process along.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
This does work on the d950 BUT (BIG BUT!) It's in very early beta stages and most things aren't working still. You're better off waiting unless you are a developer etc who can help this process along.

its at most a alpha right now lol

no radio aka no service, calls, text. ;)

And yes, at this time this is only for those who can help out fixing things, no support will be given for those who fubar their device at this time. This is not for the non-savvy at this time, is completely still a WIP in Development stages. ;)

P

podagee

Thanks. Its good to know it works for the 950. I am sorry i am not a developer or i would help. Ill just wait patiently for this.

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-28-10-25-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-10-25-29.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 496

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
will be available to d955??

yea eventually I will do device trees for each device. At the moment I think [virtego] is building for the d955. In theory one should work on all, but there might be slight differences in the kernels. Just something that would have to be tested to see. lol

My current working device tree I have the assert set for zee, d959, d950 as I have the d950 & d959, which can be edited or removed for testing purposes (not recommended in most cases tho).

Dec 13, 2010
Gdańsk
yea eventually I will do device trees for each device. At the moment I think [virtego] is building for the d955. In theory one should work on all, but there might be slight differences in the kernels. Just something that would have to be tested to see. lol

My current working device tree I have the assert set for zee, d959, d950 as I have the d950 & d959, which can be edited or removed for testing purposes (not recommended in most cases tho).

ok thanks I wait with eagerly :) :)

Triad79

Mar 17, 2014
Nice work guys

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Whoah... Very glad to see radio resolved, but I'd say if there would be more ppl developing this CM version on some level nearly as @vertigo, we could be much sooner to all things resolved...
Non the less, this is a great step. After full alpha is done, would like to see how this CM is acting upon different platforms of G Flex?
Bearing that in mind has anyone tried it on D958, baseband is the same as well as the Kernel, only build is "JDQ39B", don't know if Build is like IMEI different or alike to different models!??

Great work @vertigo ...

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I may be speaking out of turn here, but unless you are a seasoned developer, or at least a VERY ADVANCED android user, i would NOT try to install this rom yet..First of all, if you are on 4.4.2, then you probably do not have a custom recovery, and, if something goes wrong, its tricky to get your phone working again.

I'm sure Playful God and Vertigo would agree with this; when they ask for testers, that will be different, but if you try to install this now, there is a very good chance you will mess up your phone, so we need to be patient until its posted here thats its ok to install, and includes a detailed procedure on how to install it. Otherwise, if you screw up your phone, you're on your own to try and fix it..

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Great job vertigo!
Whoah... Very glad to see radio resolved, but I'd say if there would be more ppl developing this CM version on some level nearly as @vertigo, we could be much sooner to all things resolved...
Non the less, this is a great step. After full alpha is done, would like to see how this CM is acting upon different platforms of G Flex?
Bearing that in mind has anyone tried it on D958, baseband is the same as well as the Kernel, only build is "JDQ39B", don't know if Build is like IMEI different or alike to different models!??

Great work @vertigo ...
you're on 4.2.2 still. Hardware wise there is no difference that I have seen. SW wise, the modems can be diff and the kernels do have some carrier specific things in the src. But I think they are all compatible, BUT I cannot confirm that. ;)

I would start using it now, I don't know a thing about development but I can sure let you know if there's a problem

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

I may be speaking out of turn here, but unless you are a seasoned developer, or at least a VERY ADVANCED android user, i would NOT try to install this rom yet..First of all, if you are on 4.4.2, then you probably do not have a custom recovery, and, if something goes wrong, its tricky to get your phone working again.

I'm sure Playful God and Vertigo would agree with this; when they ask for testers, that will be different, but if you try to install this now, there is a very good chance you will mess up your phone, so we need to be patient until its posted here thats its ok to install, and includes a detailed procedure on how to install it. Otherwise, if you screw up your phone, you're on your own to try and fix it..
I do, hence the big bold red warning in the OP lol.

If still on 4.2.2 then its not that big a deal to flash this and restore a backup. On 4.4.2 it gets a lil tricky restoring back to working stock but can be done.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I'm on 4.2.2 still cuz I love having recovery is there a zip uploaded yet with the working radio? Or what's the instructions to make zip I've already got call home ?

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
I'm on 4.2.2 still cuz I love having recovery is there a zip uploaded yet with the working radio? Or what's the instructions to make zip I've already got call home ?

I think he toss poop at the wall and it stuck lol. Either way nice job. Which files you used specifically for ril would be a great help to me. ;)

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I've still got custom recovery with a back up(on both tarp and cwm) this time and that file you gave me playful if I need to side load or adb push it back.
As long as I can get cell service I can be of more help but can't stay on an OS without cell due to my job

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I think he toss poop at the wall and it stuck lol. Either way nice job. Which files you used specifically for ril would be a great help to me. ;)
I don't follow. I have NOT got cm11 with working radio. I was needing the working cm11 or modem/kernel to give it a go

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
I've still got custom recovery with a back up(on both tarp and cwm) this time and that file you gave me playful if I need to side load or adb push it back.
As long as I can get cell service I can be of more help but can't stay on an OS without cell due to my job

yea being on jb its easy for you to flash and restore back to working state. KK is a lil more involved lol. on my dev device I think I flash full kk and then ran freedom flex and flashed cm11 and just keep it like that now. Advantage of having a spare.

And yea fully understandable. ;)

Triad79

Mar 17, 2014
you're on 4.2.2 still. Hardware wise there is no difference that I have seen. SW wise, the modems can be diff and the kernels do have some carrier specific things in the src. But I think they are all compatible, BUT I cannot confirm that. ;)

If still on 4.2.2 then its not that big a deal to flash this and restore a backup. On 4.4.2 it gets a lil tricky restoring back to working stock but can be done.

I'm on 4.2.2 still and haven't gone to 4.4.2 yet since JB is by more ppl reported to be much more stable...
Also I've given it only root with FF tool and I'm quite satisfied.
It will be like this for a month more since afterwards I'm going to acquire S4 so I can safely experiment with Flex! :cowboy:
Ú must understand, since we others aren't dev's, that is much better to be safe then sorry... I do have quite an experience where unknowingly rooting and approving OTA gave me a fuc*in bootloop with Quallcom high speed usb bulk ID!!!
Tried every idea possible and haven't managed to recognize root either on Ubuntu or debian based Knopix..!?
Finally gave it up and had my board replaced with different IMEI, so now afterwards, with much more caution engaged m8s... :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

At this time, this is only for Devs and/or people who think they can assist in fixing the issues. It is in no way ready to be a daily driver!!! ;)

Also, you need to make sure you know how and are comfortable with flashing, restoring, fixing any mishaps that might occur on your own. At this time is a development thread, not a hold anyones hand on how to install etc, etc, etc. This statement isnt meant to be mean, just no general support will be offered at this time. That will come when the builds are in beta or stable.

Here ya go folks, CyanogenMod 11 for the G Flex (zee)!!! Well, let's be honest, unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.4 (kitkat) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on KitKat.

Version: 20140709
    Developer: PlayfulGod
    Description: CyanogenMod 11 for LG G Flex
    Source: github

CyanogenMod 11

What is this?

This is a build of the popular CyanogenMod 11 for the LG G Flex. This is built from source.

People to Thank

• CyanogenMod - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to these guys?
    • koush - for his wonderful recovery.
    • the G2 Devs - for all the work on the g2 which this is all based off of.
    • savoca - for kernel patches.
    • [vertigo] - for vendor blob experimenting!!!

Whats Working??
    • It boots
    • Wifi
    • calls/sms/data
    • Bluetooth, sorta!!!

Whats Not Working??
    • calls/sms/data
    • camera
    • bluetooth, crashes when pairing.
    • sound

Changelog

How do I install this?

NOTE: Need to be on the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery, and have the f340k aboot installed.

1. Download the .zip & copy to phone (make sure wifi is enabled if dl'd from phone).
    2. Zip can be installed from either sdcard or with sideload (No need to copy zip to phone if using sideload, see instructions for sideload below).
    3. MAKE A BACKUP!!!
    4. DO A FACTORY RESET!!! - this will wipe data & cache!
    5. Go to install zip from sdcard
    6. Choose zip from sdcard
    7. Select cm-11-xxxxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-xxxx.zip
    8. Confirm
    9. Repeat Steps 5 -8 for gapps
    10. Reboot

If using sideload:
    1. Download zip on PC
    2. boot to recovery
    3. install zip from sdcard
    4. install zip via acb sideload
    5. Connect to PC via USB (make sure to have USB drivers if using Windows)
    6. Open a terminal or cmd window and type:
      Code:
      adb sideload cm-11-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-xxxx.zip
    7. Repeat for Gapps.
    8. Reboot

Downloads

Gapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the LG G Flex

Contributors
    PlayfulGod, savoca
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: f340k 4.2.2 aboot, latest CWM or TWRP.
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-06-12
    Last Updated 2014-07-10
    Not dead per say and actually might have new life soon. I plan on working on it some as time allows, just waiting on a green light on some new stuff that works that will help out.. hopefully. Still need a true kernel guru too. ;)

And I dont blame anyone for moving onto a new device, I may get a N6 myself, but my Flex will remain in the household for quite some time. ;)
    So much hype, so little progress :(

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Free mobile app

If you don't like the progress being made on this, my suggestion would be..... Do something about it, look on PlayfulGods github here and try to help sorting some of the issues, rather than just complaining about it..... :mad:
    Good news guys.... we have radio!!!! Still no bluetooth or camera, but we're getting there now

Screenshot_2014-06-30-09-44-45.png
    Just wondering if this build is still ongoing with developers building?

I'm still working on it. ;)