[XAP] [Source] LockScreen App

Search This thread

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Do you want to test first 3rd party custom lockscreen app?
It doesn't have notifications support yet. Notifications are supported now!

wp_ss_20141102_0004.jpg

ID_CAP_SHELL_DEVICE_LOCK_UI_API and ID_CAP_CHAMBER_PROFILE_CODE_RW must be unlocked to install this app!
Install with this method!

Unlocked Nokia Lumia support!

Added source code for those who want to build their own lockscreen apps. Most recent version is on GitHub

Attachments

• LockScreenTest_source.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 7,753
  • LockScreenTest_Debug_ARM.xap
    205 KB · Views: 5,647
Last edited:

matgras

Jun 2, 2012
Is that cap required for the music controls?

the apps installs for me (and is better than rudy's app) and works but no music controls.

I've got interop unlock with the windowsmania rom.

silvestro1

Sep 16, 2013
Vienna
Whoa thanks -W_O_L_F-, that's awesome!
One thing I noticed is that the app exits immediatly if you try to choose a lock screen background for the second time... Is that only happening to me?

I messed around with it as well (see attachment), nothing fancy like SharpGIS, just inspired from this old typography Lockscreen (http://angelman8.deviantart.com/art/Typophone-4-175481865).

Thank you very much for that sample! It helped me quickly make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtIt2gmvle4

That's amazing! Very creative idea!

matgras

Jun 2, 2012
Is there any more information on this? Will the API be opened up to normal devs, or will it be Rudy's app or interop unlock?

And another question, is there a way to override the swipe up to unlock (and replace it with slide to right etc)? If so, something like this could be possible: http://woohoochocolate.deviantart.com/art/Typophoneblue-205524802 I loved this lockscreen on my iPhone 3 years ago ;D
there are already working android lockscreens with those dots ( like this http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/android-lock-screen1.jpg )

so yea that would probably be possible

Reactions: th0mas96

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Is there any more information on this? Will the API be opened up to normal devs, or will it be Rudy's app or interop unlock?

And another question, is there a way to override the swipe up to unlock (and replace it with slide to right etc)? If so, something like this could be possible: http://woohoochocolate.deviantart.com/art/Typophoneblue-205524802 I loved this lockscreen on my iPhone 3 years ago ;D
Yes, any action. Slide, tap, absolutely ANY. First version of my app unlocked by a button click.

silvestro1

Sep 16, 2013
Vienna
Would it be somehow possible to implement notifications?

Also, launching apps from the lockscreen works fine (see my Attachment, when I click on "flash", the app Flashlight XT launches), but it is VERY slow, almost 5 seconds delay! Is there a way to speed this up?

The battery meter works fine (see Attachment, middle line).

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140901_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140901_0002.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 941
Reactions: denisf1981

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Would it be somehow possible to implement notifications?

Also, launching apps from the lockscreen works fine (see my Attachment, when I click on "flash", the app Flashlight XT launches), but it is VERY slow, almost 5 seconds delay! Is there a way to speed this up?

The battery meter works fine (see Attachment, middle line).
To get notifications we need to call native libs. And wrapper from Rudy's app is kinda broken.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you want to test first 3rd party custom lockscreen app?
    It doesn't have notifications support yet. Notifications are supported now!

wp_ss_20141102_0004.jpg

ID_CAP_SHELL_DEVICE_LOCK_UI_API and ID_CAP_CHAMBER_PROFILE_CODE_RW must be unlocked to install this app!
    Install with this method!

Unlocked Nokia Lumia support!

Added source code for those who want to build their own lockscreen apps. Most recent version is on GitHub
    'Atta boy WOLF !

Here is the version that will only work on WP 8.1 Emulators.
    View attachment 3362919
    Thanks brother, I feel like a little kid in a candy store. Very excited.

Here is fixed version 1.1.0.0 or I hope so :p (it's working fine on my Lumia 830) Unfortunately I had to disable weather due to API that is not free, only 1000 request per day, after that your lockscreen would crash. Also some animations are disabled, still work in progress. I hope you'll enjoy this app. Write me any bugs you find and I will fix it as soon as I can. I'll post some screenshots too. :)

P.S. I added battery indicator, it will flash if your battery is under 20% (you have option is settings to turn this on or off)

UPDATE: Download and reinstall xap again. Since weather is not available you will have "setup weather" notification on your lockscreen. Just go to advanced settings and turn off weather toggle.
    I hope this will fix crashing. Please uninstall previous package before deploying this xap. This will be last update because I really don't have time to work on this app. :)
    App updated.

New features:
    1) Repeat and shuffle switches.
    2) Player moved on top of clock panel to improve usability.
    3) Top bar has black background.
    4) Notifications badges and detailed text.

See OP for XAP and screenshot.