[ROM][Aug 25] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #20

Search This thread

rogro82

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
plus.google.com
Does this mean you guys are using /sdcard as /data and are formating it to ext3? Because if so, then that's totally rad, and I was hoping someone would make a build doing that.

Android 4.2 uses fuse to create/emulate seperated storage per user. The sdcard is now mounted as /data/media and on top of that the sdcard(fuse)-daemon creates per user storage... that storage is then again symlinked to /sdcard, /mnt/sdcard etc for legacy support.

This AOSP build uses the normal vfat partition ( as that is what is was and is the easiest for most users ). I have repartitioned my ( sdcard=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 ) to ext4 and use a slightly modified init to mount that as /data/media.... so it is doable to repartition to ext2/3/4, but it comes with its dis-advantages as most roms will not mount it as they have vfat hardcoded in vold fstab.

Also dont forget that android uses groups/users to sandbox applications/services and so an android user != linux user. So storage permissions is also not on a linux user-base ( you could of course set permissions on folders on an ext partition so that eg only root can access them )

Last edited:
Reactions: bassmadrigal

JDAapps

Jul 1, 2012
New York
????...

Yes, I agree :good:

bad that camera dont work :(

Known issue before you installed it .... :confused:

i hope it will be more stable in future..:(

I have to say it is far more stable already than the CM10-4.1.2 builds I've been using lately .... (stability != known missing features)

the sd card issue is fckn bad :( i copy it from 0 to old sd but now it is baq in 0 ..?!

No idea what you are talking about here. The ROM moves your SD contents to "0" automatically on install, perfectly. The only reason for moving the contents from "0" back to the root (/sdcard/) is if/when/after you go BACK to a <4.2 ROM, at which point you use the clear instructions in the OP for how to do it using ADB while in CWM. Don't see anything "fckn bad" about that my friend.

On a side note, accessing files in Windows Explorer works perfectly fine... not sure why people are up in arms about MPT vs. mass storage (unless for non-Windows reasons?)....

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

what version of CWM are you using? You need to be running the latest 6.0.1.9 which I believe fixes this issue.

Fixes what issue? I'm using 5.8.4.0 CWM-Touch, and am having no issues at all with this (or anything else), including moving back and forth between 4.1 and 4.2 ....

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Fixes what issue? I'm using 5.8.4.0 CWM-Touch, and am having no issues at all with this (or anything else), including moving back and forth between 4.1 and 4.2 ....

I think he is complaining about sd data being moved to "0" folder, he copies it back to sd root but it moves again. This is how it's designed to work! It's all about the new user account options and file/folder ownership, which is also the reason it's moved to MTP (as it will respect ownership).

As stated, once you're back on a non-4.2 rom you can copy things back....

And I don't think recovery affects this either, also on 5.8.4.0.

M.

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
I think he is complaining about sd data being moved to "0" folder, he copies it back to sd root but it moves again. This is how it's designed to work! It's all about the new user account options and file/folder ownership, which is also the reason it's moved to MTP (as it will respect ownership).

As stated, once you're back on a non-4.2 rom you can copy things back....

And I don't think recovery affects this either, also on 5.8.4.0.

M.

I'm wondering if the new recovery will store backups in /sdcard/0 instead of just /sdcard, but I am not sure how it would decide to use it... maybe a simple check if /sdcard/0 exists? (just a thought, no way to verify it right now).

Der_Flooo

Apr 21, 2012
Berlin
www.facebook.com
????...

Yes, I agree :good:

Known issue before you installed it .... :confused:

I have to say it is far more stable already than the CM10-4.1.2 builds I've been using lately .... (stability != known missing features)

No idea what you are talking about here. The ROM moves your SD contents to "0" automatically on install, perfectly. The only reason for moving the contents from "0" back to the root (/sdcard/) is if/when/after you go BACK to a <4.2 ROM, at which point you use the clear instructions in the OP for how to do it using ADB while in CWM. Don't see anything "fckn bad" about that my friend.

On a side note, accessing files in Windows Explorer works perfectly fine... not sure why people are up in arms about MPT vs. mass storage (unless for non-Windows reasons?)....

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

hey there you are a nice guy your mommy love you ;) i only say that it is bad that cam dont work...i know it before. ;) and i find the issue "fckn bad" because it is bad :)
but no matter we are friends :) i fixed the "0" issue and yes i agree with you it is very fast and "stable" :)

Reactions: strukef

shahadat

Sep 15, 2010
Hi, I just updated my hox to jelly bean (HTC_044, hboot 1.36). I wiped my device flashed boot.img then flashed the rom. My phone is stuck at htc logo. Does this rom work on ICS only or I'm doing something wrong? Tnx in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BoAyu.png

Banner by Sebianoti

Me and rogro82 started to port Android 4.2 to the HTC One X

Working
    • Wireless
    • Phone calls
    • GSM Data
    • Audio
    • Video Playback (including HD)
    • Camera (no photosphere - blame google)
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • BT and Wireless tethering

Not Working
    • USB tethering (?)

Installation instructions
    • BACKUP YOUR DATA (using CWM)
    • Verify that your backup is complete - a backup of your sdcard may also be a good idea (see below)
    • Verify that you are running hboot 1.26 or newer (hboot 1.39 is recommended)
    • Download the ZIP and the boot.img (see Downloads)
    • Copy the .zip to your sdcard and reboot into fastboot
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img, then boot into recovery
    • WIPE your phone (this is not optional)
    • Install the .zip and reboot

Upgrading
    You can always upgrade to a newer version without wiping any data, formatting system or wiping the cache.
    But keep in mind that you must always flash boot.img + re-flash gapps after upgrading

Changelog

RC20 (20130825)
    • Fixed the two Android 'master key' bugs
    • Kernel patch for CVE-2013-2094
    RC19 (20130317)
    RC18 (20130311)
    • Option to control button backlight depending on the screen brightness (Settings -> Display)
    • Software fix for pabx's broken headphone jack detecion: Added an option to forcefully route mediaplayer-output to the headphone jack. (Settings -> Audio)
    RC17 (20130301)
    • Use latest WIFI Firmware (improves reception)
    RC16 (20130216)
    • Added ro.adb.secure=1 to build.props. The phone will now only accept ADB connections from authenticated hosts. Note that you must upgrade your local ADB installation to the version included in the 4.2.2 SDK. Connecting with an pre-4.2.2 adb will not work
    • Fixed quicksettings: longpress = toggle, press = settings
    • Internal: Use CMs nicer audio-recording patch
    RC15 (20130213) Android 4.2.2
    • Upgraded to Android 4.2.2_r1
    • Silenced vibrate kernel driver + removed unneeded pm_qos request
    RC14 (20130208) Kernel 3.1.10
    • First release with Linux 3.1.10. Note that you MUST upgrade your hboot to 1.3x (1.2 versions may work - any feedback is appreciated, but any version < 1.2 will NOT work - your phone will freeze during deepsleep!)
    • Mounting USB-OTG devices on 4.2 is somewhat tricky as filesystems are not shared with 'parent' processes - using some userspace app like 'Nexus Photo Importer' is recommended
    • Switched to ondemand govenor as the old 'interactive' is broken in HTCs Linux 3.1.10 source drop (doesn't make a big difference)
    RC13 (20130202)
    • Merged missing cam pull request
    • Option to change the max frequency in settings (Developer Options -> CPU Frequency)
    • Improved frequency management - say goodbye audio dropouts!
    RC12 (20130122)
    • More camera options (jpeg quality, burst mode, scenes) - thanks to seadersn
    • Option to enable the overflow button
    • New hardware button mapping profile: press = tasks / longpress = menu
    RC11 (20130114)
    • Support for encrypted /data partition. (see this post)
    • Ability to limit the max CPU frequency (see this post)
    • Enhanced included Camera App (thanks to herrvorragend23)
    • Include SimToolkit
    • Option to change the Home + Menu longpress behaviour (Settings -> Display)
    RC10 (20130104)
    • Support for big /data partition. This is experimental, see this post
    • Mount /data with '-o discard'
    RC9 (20121229)
    • Added 'volume rocker' support (disabled by default -> settings -> sound)
    • Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) is now working
    • Stubborn BT devices should now be able to pair
    RC8 (20121225)
    • Fixed WIFI Tethering
    • Changed halo background
    RC7 (20121220) Doomsday edition
    • Bluetooth Tethering support (still a little bit flaky, try to re-enable bluetooth + tethering if the connection drops)
    • Changed quicksettings behaviour: Short press = toggle / Long press = open settings
    • Reboot + Screenshot options in Power-Off menu (thanks to lownoise2)
    RC6 (20121219)
    • Support for Bluetooth file transfer and HID (Again: thanks to rogro82)
    • AUDIO AND INTERNET SHARING VIA BLUETOOTH ARE CURRENTLY NOT WORKING
    RC5 (20121215)
    • Audio recording fixed (Send your thanks to rogro82)
    • Developer-Options enabled by default in Settings
    • Display internal + sdcard storage in Settings
    • Improved holo-background gardient
    • Switching from/to 2G-Data-Only works without reboot
    • 'Silent' GSM-Data drop is hopefully gone
    RC4 (20121211)
    • Camera support Install this if the camera icon is missing in your app drawer
    RC3 (20121209)
    • Paid applications can now be installed using Play Store
    • Unity engine based games work correctly
    • Hboot 1.3x support
    RC2 (20121202)
    • Multitouch fixed
    • Based on Android 4.2.1 (December fixed)
    • HD-Videos (OMX) working

RC1 (20121126)
    • Include Email.apk
    • Fix google location service provider (google now / gmaps)

Download links (always flash boot.img!)
    http://blinkenlights.ch/static/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Primary host in Germany)
    http://android.eqmx.net/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Mirror in Sweden)
    Gapps download
    NEW http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

IRC Channel
    Join us at #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc

FAQ

I can not upgrade my hboot to 1.3x, help!

You can still run RC13:
    This was the last release using Linux 2.6 and will therefore work on older hboot versions. RC13 is stable enough for everyday-use.

What kernel should i use?

Use the stock kernel from boot.img - there is nothing wrong with it. Using a different boot.img or/and kernel will just break stuff.

Even more links!
    https://github.com/adrian-bl-hox-jb/android
    https://plus.google.com/115564237657785223556/posts
    For people wondering:

Although its an AOSP build it does have multi-user support which originally is only available on tablets in AOSP ( users can be added in settings )
    Pab i have bluetooth working :) will have to track all my changes...

Camera

Using this ROM for 2 weeks now. Love it, but like with all AOSP roms I'm not happy with the camera so I decided to actually help the community instead of the usual whining.

I've attached a pimped Camera (which is included in the Gallery, therefore the complete Gallery2.apk has to be replaced) which includes this new features:

-Included all native camera scene modes that our HOX Camera is capable of
    -HDR Quick Toggle (which is nothing else than background-hdr scene mode)
    -Added more exposure settings (max camera value is 12, min is -12, therefore +3 = 12, +2 = 8, +1 = 4, 0 = 0, -1 = -4, -2 = -8, -3 = -12)
    -Added 6MP wide picture size (3264x1840)
    Pab we might wanna give WiFi tethering as a (early) Christmas present ;)

to fix:

in netd / SoftapController.cpp:

just return 0 in
    int SoftapController::fwReloadSoftap(int argc, char *argv[])

and use hostapd from android 4.1 ( i just copied the entire wpa_supplicant_8 folder from 4.1, but only copied hostapd after compiling ) as atleast wpa_driver_ap_params has changed and therefor hostapd_drv_set_ap(hapd, &params) in beacon.c fails.

Have done some basic testing using phone + tablet and connection seems to be fine ( tested Open and WPA2 PSK ).