[Q] Revert to stock rom

Search This thread

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
ok so i have installed JellyBeans rom and im not liking it. im on base version JSS15J.N900VVRUBMJE.

how do i get back to the most updated stock rom on note 3?

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Am assuming that you are using SafeStrap. If so, boot to recovery. Go into boot options and activate the "stock" slot. Then, if you want to, you can go in and delete rom slot that you have beans installed on.

Once you activate the stock slot, you'll know it because it will tell you with red text across the top of the screen.

Then just reboot.

IF YOU INSTALLED BEANS ROM ON THE STOCK SLOT, you need to download a copy of the stock odex or deodex rom that beans put together in the dev thread. If this is the case, let us know if you need help before going any further!

♢NoteIII♢

Reactions: spetzuu

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
Yes I made a new slot for beans and still have the stock one open. Thanks ill just use the stock slot. Now what about me getting the latest updated stock rom and still keep root, how would I do that?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
ive tried finding out the benefits of the updates that have rolled on on the note 3 and i cant seem to find any... although i have seen people complaining about the battery life and what not.

do you know where i could get a complete list of what the updates bring to phone? because if its nothing major ill just stick to MI9

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Honestly, it will be different for every person. Because even though we all have the same phone, Every Phone is just a little different. For example, I am on the current update and felt I needed to because I was having issues with wifi. But if you are on the original firmware, which you are, and you can find no problem with your phone that you would like to see fixed then I honestly don't see any point in updating your firmware if you do not want to. I know that the current version addresses problems people were having with wifi. Along with some other minor changes.

Now having said that... If you encounter any quirks or problems with any current custom ROMs that are listed in the development section, it may be due to the fact that they are built on the current firmware version while you are still two versions behind.

♢NoteIII♢

Reactions: spetzuu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Am assuming that you are using SafeStrap. If so, boot to recovery. Go into boot options and activate the "stock" slot. Then, if you want to, you can go in and delete rom slot that you have beans installed on.

Once you activate the stock slot, you'll know it because it will tell you with red text across the top of the screen.

Then just reboot.

IF YOU INSTALLED BEANS ROM ON THE STOCK SLOT, you need to download a copy of the stock odex or deodex rom that beans put together in the dev thread. If this is the case, let us know if you need help before going any further!

♢NoteIII♢
    Yes I made a new slot for beans and still have the stock one open. Thanks ill just use the stock slot. Now what about me getting the latest updated stock rom and still keep root, how would I do that?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So the rooted rom on your stock slot is what version?

♢NoteIII♢
    Honestly, it will be different for every person. Because even though we all have the same phone, Every Phone is just a little different. For example, I am on the current update and felt I needed to because I was having issues with wifi. But if you are on the original firmware, which you are, and you can find no problem with your phone that you would like to see fixed then I honestly don't see any point in updating your firmware if you do not want to. I know that the current version addresses problems people were having with wifi. Along with some other minor changes.

Now having said that... If you encounter any quirks or problems with any current custom ROMs that are listed in the development section, it may be due to the fact that they are built on the current firmware version while you are still two versions behind.

♢NoteIII♢