S Pen Stopped working.. no apparent reason [ SOLVED ]

Search This thread

bajungadustin

Sep 18, 2009
I was texting and i used my S Pen to hover over the attachment button to get the last 4 images.. clicked an image and sent it... no issues.

sat the pen on the desk... went to grab it about 2 minutes later and it wouldnt work..
absolutely no response what so ever.

re-insterted the S pen into the device and it was registered. pulled it back out and my action memo popped up but S Pen still non funtional.

rebooted... nothing...

tried replacing the tip and it got even more wierd.

now.. it writes without touching the screen.. as if the device thinks its already touching the device (about 2 cm above)
it will also select an icon and move it without it even touching the screen. it will also do tis without even having a tip in it. also not getting the pointer icon when hovering over. and the writing seems to be off to the side slightly from the point.

do i simply need to adjust the sensitivity down? the sensitivity was perect before i dont understand what happened. the phone is not even 5 days old yet.

Last edited:

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
If the phone is 5 days old solution seems simple: back up your phone book and apps and do full factory reset, if that doesn't work take it to T-mobile and have them check with different pen and replace either phone or pen.

bajungadustin

Sep 18, 2009
If the phone is 5 days old solution seems simple: back up your phone book and apps and do full factory reset, if that doesn't work take it to T-mobile and have them check with different pen and replace either phone or pen.

Got it working.. had to pop off the button and adjust the sensitivity back about a full revolution... still dont understand what happened.. but atleast its working like normal again

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I'm glad you got it fixed, but it's strange it changed settings like that all by itself, could the coil inside the pen move up or down, especially when you inserted new tip? I would closely monitor it, I'm not sure about s-pen in particular, but heard accessories are covered only for 90 days. I never had to adjust my s-pen, so it could be something loose inside yours and it could affect it's performance again in future.

bajungadustin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think so... it was super hard to turn.. it was too small for even my old glasses screwdriver so I had to use the tip of a lock pick tool and it was pretty stiff

Sent from TheDevice