[Q] Phone calls at n8005

Search This thread

ElfenLaid

Sep 23, 2012
Hi guys,

I know that galaxy note 10.1 n8005 does not allow phone calls. However I want to learn that this restriction is about hardware or software ? Could phone calls be activated at n8005 by installing some kind of software ?

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
Can you check the model number again? I've never seen a Note 10.1 with GT-N8005 model number. Lastly, is it a 3G model (i.e. have a SIM card slot)?

ElfenLaid

Sep 23, 2012
Can you check the model number again? I've never seen a Note 10.1 with GT-N8005 model number. Lastly, is it a 3G model (i.e. have a SIM card slot)?

yes the model number is GT-N8005. This is the model which will be sold in Turkey. It has 3g support but does not allow phone calls.

Since I am a noob I can't provide you a link but this is what the Samsung Turkey website says about the product :

Platform
850 / 900 / 1 800 / 1 900 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)
850 / 900 / 1 900 / 2 100 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
yes the model number is GT-N8005. This is the model which will be sold in Turkey. It has 3g support but does not allow phone calls.

Since I am a noob I can't provide you a link but this is what the Samsung Turkey website says about the product :

Platform
850 / 900 / 1 800 / 1 900 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)
850 / 900 / 1 900 / 2 100 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)

Maybe Samsung Turkey has disabled Phone access on the Note 10.1. Try asking them why. I'm not sure about this but maybe someone can upload the Phone app files for you. :confused:

Reactions: ElfenLaid

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Or, if you are feeling adventurous and game, make a nandroid copy of your current rom and then install a custom n8000 rom.... Just make sure that you put the nandroid backup onto an external sd card and/or backup onto a PC so you can restore if things don't work out....
Just remember this may brick your device...

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
By any chance is this an LTE device?

Nxxx5 model numbers seem to be Euro LTE variants...

N7005 = International LTE Note (Qcom-based)
I9305 = International LTE GS3 (exynos-based)

ElfenLaid

Sep 23, 2012
Or, if you are feeling adventurous and game, make a nandroid copy of your current rom and then install a custom n8000 rom.... Just make sure that you put the nandroid backup onto an external sd card and/or backup onto a PC so you can restore if things don't work out....
Just remember this may brick your device...

I am completely new to the android os therefore, these things don't make sense to me. However, at least I know what brick is :laugh:
I tought that someone from this forum may have this device but it seems that it is special for Turkey and no one has it .

By any chance is this an LTE device?

Nxxx5 model numbers seem to be Euro LTE variants...

N7005 = International LTE Note (Qcom-based)
I9305 = International LTE GS3 (exynos-based)

No, it is not an LTE device.

kego

Jul 3, 2006
It's really interesting why Samsung makes totally same two devices where one is capable to make a phone call and other cannot with same "infrastructure". Assuming both models are on same hardware, flashing a N8000 stock EU rom to N8005 should do the trick, right?

When Samsung announced Galaxy Tab (P1000), it was sold in Turkey only with a carrier (Turkcell) rom which was really unpleasant to use, so most people had switched to stock EU rom then. With this regard, N8000 rom should work on N8005...

ElfenLaid

Sep 23, 2012
It's really interesting why Samsung makes totally same two devices where one is capable to make a phone call and other cannot with same "infrastructure". Assuming both models are on same hardware, flashing a N8000 stock EU rom to N8005 should do the trick, right?

When Samsung announced Galaxy Tab (P1000), it was sold in Turkey only with a carrier (Turkcell) rom which was really unpleasant to use, so most people had switched to stock EU rom then. With this regard, N8000 rom should work on N8005...

The manager of a samsung mobile shop in Turkey claims that Samsung made this to get rid of additional taxes s to make the prices affordable. He also said that this restriction is done by changing software only, hardware of the N8000 and N8005 is the same. Flashing a N8000 stock EU rom seems logical at that sense. However, I am really new to android and have no info about these things. Moreover, risk of brick is another problem.

kego

Jul 3, 2006
If stock one is not functional, try this one, but ignore the updates on the market, use "as is" otherwise may not function (at least not with my HTC Flyer)

kego

Jul 3, 2006
The manager of a samsung mobile shop in Turkey claims that Samsung made this to get rid of additional taxes s to make the prices affordable. He also said that this restriction is done by changing software only, hardware of the N8000 and N8005 is the same. Flashing a N8000 stock EU rom seems logical at that sense. However, I am really new to android and have no info about these things. Moreover, risk of brick is another problem.

So it means taxes with 3G and voice are different from each other... Interesting but makes sense. Some time later, I am sure some experienced guys will explain how to flash such ROMs ;) Most of the time, if you really do not do something quite wrong, don't worry no brick...

tarkanergen

Jul 17, 2012
N 8005 phone

Hi guys,

I know that galaxy note 10.1 n8005 does not allow phone calls. However I want to learn that this restriction is about hardware or software ? Could phone calls be activated at n8005 by installing some kind of software ?

Hello,

I bought one N 8005 yesterday, rooted, CWM loaded. Urban Rom 3.5 flashed. The phone application came but unable to make or receive phone calls. Its not a software obligation, its resctricted by Samsung via hardware I guess. Still looking for a solution but I'm hopeless. I tried dialer one apk but it did not worked too. I will flash a few more stock roms but I guess I will sell it as 2nd hand. :crying:

ElfenLaid

Sep 23, 2012
If stock one is not functional, try this one, but ignore the updates on the market, use "as is" otherwise may not function (at least not with my HTC Flyer)

thanks but it does not work

Hello,

I bought one N 8005 yesterday, rooted, CWM loaded. Urban Rom 3.5 flashed. The phone application came but unable to make or receive phone calls. Its not a software obligation, its resctricted by Samsung via hardware I guess. Still looking for a solution but I'm hopeless. I tried dialer one apk but it did not worked too. I will flash a few more stock roms but I guess I will sell it as 2nd hand. :crying:

Hi, at one of the Turkish forums someone succeeded to activate it. After root and recovery he installed original 4.1.1 N8000 roms from xda. then he talks about something about "wipe" I dont know what it means :) After these steps he claims that N8005 becomes N8000

tarkanergen

Jul 17, 2012
DONE

thanks but it does not work

Hi, at one of the Turkish forums someone succeeded to activate it. After root and recovery he installed original 4.1.1 N8000 roms from xda. then he talks about something about "wipe" I dont know what it means :) After these steps he claims that N8005 becomes N8000

Yes I did too. With another ROM it worked as phone. The steps are as follows:

Root
CWM recovery
Nandroid backup (In case of brick or to return to original state for guarantee reasons etc.)
Make back-up your apps&data with Titanium Root (If needed)
Flash with a stock, dedoxied stock rom, don't forget to wipe, dalvik cache
Its N 8000 with phone enabled!

andromorph

Oct 1, 2012
Nice work guys, thanks for sharing. My N8005 will arrive soon. I'll definitely try this steps but not so soon, I want to use GN stock for sometime.

AlienGhost

Oct 16, 2007
N8000

Any idea if Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 which is available in UAE with UAE ROM supports phone calls and SMS or we can buy it, root it, then insetall the euoropian ROM to be able to do that?

niktes1900

Oct 14, 2012
Yes I did too. With another ROM it worked as phone. The steps are as follows:

Root
CWM recovery
Nandroid backup (In case of brick or to return to original state for guarantee reasons etc.)
Make back-up your apps&data with Titanium Root (If needed)
Flash with a stock, dedoxied stock rom, don't forget to wipe, dalvik cache
Its N 8000 with phone enabled!

Can you explain more detailed.Which programs,roms have you used and their links.Maybe you can put some pictures and explain step by step like phone enabled n8005 for dummies:D .It would be a good document for the ones who will try.

Top Liked Posts