{Arc/Arc S/Pro}[DEV][JB 4.2.2][CM10.1] LegacyXperia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DemonicHawk

Jul 16, 2010
Does anyone else have the Media > DownloadService always running? I can't seem to get rid of it and I don't know what's starting it.. I've already tried reflashing and it's still there before I've even set anything up.

Update on this.. I almost never use WiFI, but I realized the other day that when turning on WiFi, the DownloadService goes away shortly afterwards. So my best guess is that there's something trying to download something but gets blocked because it only downloads on WiFi (and so it sits there continually waiting).

This seems to align with the few amount of people that have this issue as I'm sure the majority of users will turn on their WiFi at home or frequently enough to not see this problem.

From the other discussions on this topic though, they've seemed to pinpoint it to being something in the GAPPS which causes this or enables this. Might be time to get the tinfoil hats out..

motorito

Dec 20, 2010
Hi

Mine LT15i was on this CM10.1 RC rom for a few months now. All was fine until today.
Put on original Sony charger overnight as always, unfortunately in the morning I see that screen is lighted a little but black
and violet diod is on. Tried to reboot but unfortunately nothing happens.
Re flashed kernel, tried another one, but nothing... cant boot at all,. just blank screen. Any charger seems not charging at all.
When turing phone earlier was few vibro but now only red flashes three times, is the battery dead or some other hardware failure?
How to boot from dead battery? thanks

PS. when USB connected . red flash blinks but holding turn on button does nothing.
PSS after a while green led turns on (as fully charged) but cant turn on anyway.. so I guess battery went down.. please confirm anyone, will look for replacement

Last edited:

xZabuza

May 23, 2011
Soul Society
Hi

Mine LT15i was on this CM10.1 RC rom for a few months now. All was fine until today.
Put on original Sony charger overnight as always, unfortunately in the morning I see that screen is lighted a little but black
Re flashed kernel, tried another one, but nothing... cant boot at all,. just blank screen. Any charger seems not charging at all.
When turing phone earlier was few vibro but now only red flashes three times, is the battery dead or some other hardware failure?

PS. when USB connected . red flash blinks but holding turn on button does nothing.
PSS after a while green led turns on (as fully charged) but cant turn on anyway.. so I guess battery went down.. please confirm anyone, will look for replacement

I think is your screen whos dead.. just guessing..

Btw.. here is not the right place to ask for help for that kinde of things.. :confused:;)

Sent from my U8510 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cajhin

Jan 5, 2006
Hi

An old problem with (AFAIK) all jellybean roms on our Xperias. You cannot charge the battery when the phone is off; while the LED is green, it actually DIScharges the battery, rapidly.

Easy workaround: charge the battery in another phone that runs original Sony rom.

Has worked for me before:
1. connect USB (red blinking, I think it charges)
2. when LED turns green, disconnect USB
3. turn on phone
4. as soon as you're past the bootscreen, connect USB

motorito

Dec 20, 2010
An old problem with (AFAIK) all jellybean roms on our Xperias. You cannot charge the battery when the phone is off; while the LED is green, it actually DIScharges the battery, rapidly.

Easy workaround: charge the battery in another phone that runs original Sony rom.

Has worked for me before:
1. connect USB (red blinking, I think it charges)
2. when LED turns green, disconnect USB
3. turn on phone
4. as soon as you're past the bootscreen, connect USB

Thank you Cajhin.
I got green led but turning on right away gives nothing just three red blinks.. its totally dead.
to find someone with 2010 xperia now it is same impossible as in 2011 :)

Any other workaround please? like any other kernel to try?
thanks

pokemon1122

Apr 13, 2013
Thank you Cajhin.
I got green led but turning on right away gives nothing just three red blinks.. its totally dead.
to find someone with 2010 xperia now it is same impossible as in 2011 :)

Any other workaround please? like any other kernel to try?
thanks

I know this may not be appropriate thread to discuss this but if it helps;
Have you tried to flash Stock ICS ROM? take 4.1.B.0.587_Generic_World 1254-8596 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320872

Report back.

Last edited:

motorito

Dec 20, 2010
I know this may be in appropriate thread to discuss this but if it helps;
Have you tried to flash Stock ICS ROM? take 4.1.B.0.587_Generic_World 1254-8596 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320872

Report back.

I don't want to loose all data just yet with flashing ROM. Have tried CM10 FXP kernel only, no luck. (flashtools.fastboot)
Don't want to try with any other kernel as don't want to risk to brick totally...or is it safe and worth trying all kernels starting from GB ?

pokemon1122

Apr 13, 2013
I don't want to loose all data just yet with flashing ROM. Have tried CM10 FXP kernel only, no luck. (flashtools.fastboot)
Don't want to try with any other kernel as don't want to risk to brick totally...or is it safe and worth trying all kernels starting from GB ?

As I understood you are unable to get inside the 'Recovery' menu? Have you tried to remove battery and then restart by pressing the menu + volume down buttons? If you are unable to get the 'Recovery' by doing so something is broken badly and it is unlikely to me that you will be able to recover any data.

Flashing Stock ROM is the safest option you have albeit the data goes for a toss :(

And why did you try CM10 FXP kernel in the very first place? Obviously it will not work. It would require some kernel that support 4.2.2 i.e CM10.1. You could use Dark Raven's kernel

Last edited:

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012

try flashing superfusion v3 kernel
i too have problems like kernels don't work on the phone and end up with only screen lit

then try booting into a recovery via fastboot

Reactions: motorito

cajhin

Jan 5, 2006

This is not a matter of a broken installation.
The reason your phone does not start up is that the battery is empty; and it does not charge while the phone is off.
Can you actually flash other kernels?

If you're desperate, you could figure out how to charge the battery outside of the phone (you only need power for the first 60 seconds, then you can reconnect USB and it will charge). But if you go there, you should know what you're doing.

eryen

Apr 1, 2011
Did you tried to flash just stock kernel. So can charge while phone is offline. After that you can flash custom kernel again.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

motorito

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks everyone for you attention and support.

I've flashed some old Fusion kernel V5 (had it somewhere) then I could charge the battery: led went from red, orange to green. Re-flashed CM10.1 kernel, but phone could not boot anyway. Very weird and I was thinking maybe its some short bus and hardware failure. Phone is old and used enough.
But during the day..
... my phone suddenly just went ON lying on the table.. Its OK NOW.

Anyway..looking forward meeting Xperia Z soon.

Can anyone put a link how to add supercharge script LT15i running this Legacy CM10.1?
As i've noticed somewhere it was written that this rom is not supercharged or is it?

Reactions: archundia100
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Testing, Screenies attached

Thanks for the effort. It's really appreciated. Here's what I feel after initial testing of one hour -

1. No force close till now.
    2. Camera works with ICS (8mp pictures and 720p video recording, panorama FC).
    3. Everything is fluid but not as snappy as CM10, as you've already mentioned it stutters mostly during animations when changing apps otherwise stable and smooth.
    4. Battery usage much better than most custom ROMs, it's what I feel. Due to lack of formal testing, I may be totally wrong.

Thanks for this great ROM to Arc community.
    I cannot understand what was the need behind upgrading to 3.x kernel for such legacy devices. This rom was just great with 2.6.x kernel series. Focusing on fixing remaining bugs (eg. VoIP is not working) was not excitinig enough? Well, test builds are welcome then! But please let our phones to be still usable! Quoting besttt I'm the 3001 person having continuous reboots and a ridiculous performance (opening the apps menu takes 6-8 seconds at times and other times is enough to trigger a reboot.

People who want to experiment dozens of customizations to make things work have many other ROMs out there to play with.
    The main feature of this one is simplicity: just CM, nothing else. Why making our life so much complicated for the sake of the latest kernel on a legacy device? At least, please, make it optional!

Besides this, thanks a lot for your hard work backporting CM 10.1 on our Arcs. :good:

First of all, without 3.x+ kernel: we will never have bluetooth, never have proper display & video encoder/decoders and a lot more bugs. Just because .32 was ""stable"" doesn't mean we have to stick to it. Instead of focusing on ancient 2.6.32 kernel we prefer to port the newer kernel to have the latest features and be able to upgrade to future android versions.

We are not sony, so don't expect a perfect kernel/rom in just 2-3 months. This will take a lot more time until it's stable.

Second, I'm sick of people complaining for the same things for 2 months and do almost nothing to help. Provide logs, add them in the bug tracker & create an issue if it's not already existing. Everything needed is in the first post. READ.

This is a DEVELOPMENT thread so the builds are not meant for everyday use even if we say so. Everyone has to personally test the rom to see if it suits his needs. READ the working/not working list & bugs in the bug tracker if you want info about the rom.

We know there are reboots, if it was easy we would have already fixed it. You have to understand most of the devs have left the 2011 devices, not so many skilled people are left.

Third, this is open source. If you want to run 4.2 on ancient .32 kernel, you can fork the LegacyXperia repos, make the appropriate changes for the old kernel and build. We won't switch to 2.6.32 kernel so stop asking for it.

Last of all, posts complaining for bugs, without logs and without report on bug tracker will be ignored from now on. Such posts makes the devs want to ignore the answers here in xda because of the mass spam that happens with repeating posts all the time. If you DON'T see something fixed in the changelog, it's broken, so no need to re-report the bug.

Let's see how many times I'm going to write this post again, I'm sick of posting it every few weeks.

If you haven't watched xda's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA, you should watch it and think before posting again.
    @utonto this is not personal, I'm writing this post for all users and for the posts I've read the past days.
    Step 2: Done

http://i.imgur.com/ezncJMi.jpg

Time for debugging

Working: nothing
    Not working: everything

ETA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2328500

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

You can follow the working/not working progress here https://github.com/LegacyXperia/local_manifests/wiki/CM10.2-kernel-3.4-status
    New build coming (EOL)

## Nightly build 20131018 (EOL) - cm-10.1
    * Latest cm10.1 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.66
    * Fixed CWM backup/restore
    * Camera: Enabled video stabilization
    * Camera: Enable 864x480 video recording (will show as 720p in the app)
    * Camera: Enable image stabilization & disable scene detection in HDR mode
    * Camera: Metering mode support
    * Revert: all except urushi: update touchscreen initialization (kernel)

This will be the last build of cm-10.1. CM code is pretty much frozen now so I will release a build only if some major bugs are fixed.

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.

Remember: bug reports which are not in the bug tracker, not using the latest version & without proper logs will be ignored. Please follow the instructions in the Q&A thread.

Any discussions about battery life, general questions, such as, "will this app work with this ROM", "thanks", "+1" and any other non-development related questions and topics should be done in the Q&A thread.

I am locking the development threads for 1 day so most people can read the new rules above.