Stock mj4 rooted KitKat ota update?

Search This thread

debage39

Feb 26, 2012
Indianapolis
I tried to check for an update on custom ROM and got the ur device is modded and can't get updates. As expected but I also get the same message when I restore to stock rooted. Will I need to unroot to receive the update. Never had a problem accepting an update b4. Lost root of course but that's it. Anybody wanna chime in? Thanx in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

FLBoy1991

Jun 8, 2012
west palm beach
I tried to check for an update on custom ROM and got the ur device is modded and can't get updates. As expected but I also get the same message when I restore to stock rooted. Will I need to unroot to receive the update. Never had a problem accepting an update b4. Lost root of course but that's it. Anybody wanna chime in? Thanx in advance.

What I do is Odin back to stock... Data wipe... Flash through Odin a second time... Data wipe again... And you should be able to accept updates again :thumbup::sly::cool::D

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drewbuntu

Mar 1, 2013

You can get OTA updates when your phone reports back, in Odin mode, with "Official" for both Samsung and Status

in short you will need to revert to stock ROM and recovery and wipe it 2-3 times like @FLBoy1991 said

Is the KitKat OTA out yet?

Reactions: FLBoy1991

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What I do is Odin back to stock... Data wipe... Flash through Odin a second time... Data wipe again... And you should be able to accept updates again :thumbup::sly::cool::D

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can get OTA updates when your phone reports back, in Odin mode, with "Official" for both Samsung and Status

in short you will need to revert to stock ROM and recovery and wipe it 2-3 times like @FLBoy1991 said

Is the KitKat OTA out yet?