[APP] LocationAware v0.3, PCBuddy {14th April 2010}

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
it were really good but it isnt work.. course:

Im at home now.. i setup each 2 min. auto check. and every 2 min. i become a new location.. hy PDA is all time on tha same place..

does it mean i need to save all locations i can get when im at...

the same with your campus.. there are 100 oftowers in each location in the city.. (im in town but there are too much.. too)

yes kindof... but since i have added the feature that should save the new locations automatically whenever found in case you dont provide the input.
Also can u try one thing. Open the app manually and try saving the setting 2 times, doing this should confirm if the locations are getting saved to your device or not, since if you save the same location second time it will prompt you to update the location.

Let me know

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
The LAPCBuddy run with error, even I download the latest version.

Welcome to LAPCBuddy by Mohit Sapru@XDA
Please enter 0 for the following entries in case you are not aware.
Enter your MCC:0
Enter your MNC:0
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.65.0, Culture=n
eutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. An attempt
was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I suppose you are using Windows7 or a 64bit windows. In that case extract and replace the System.Data.SQLite.dll from the first post 64Bit.zip

ahlok_hk

Jan 6, 2006
Yes I was having error when testing using Win7 and WinXP 64Bit. Now I download the 64bit file and it work normally! Thanks.

One thing to suggest instead of asking for the MCC and MNC, retrieve and record them using the LocationAware program and then save in the Location.db. That would be more user friendly.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Yes I was having error when testing using Win7 and WinXP 64Bit. Now I download the 64bit file and it work normally! Thanks.

One thing to suggest instead of asking for the MCC and MNC, retrieve and record them using the LocationAware program and then save in the Location.db. That would be more user friendly.

Yes retreiving MCC and MNC is good but since i am using RIL.dll to get the cell data i always get a 0 for both. In that case i need to read sim memory to fetch all the data.
nyways MCC and MNC wont bother you most of the time, these can be entered as 0.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Could you mind telling what version of Artemis ROM and what version of RADIO ROM you use that LocationAware works in HD2 standby mode? And how did you test it?

I downloaded latest Artemis ROM and latest 2.09 RADIO ROM and still find that it doesn't work in standby mode. Actually I have tried many stock ROM and cook ROM but all of them doesn't work with this program in standby mode.

Thanks.

Hi ahlok_hk,

I have attached a modified cab file with this post that impliments a functionality that should be able to fix the problem, not sure but you can try n confirm if it works or not.

PS: Please install at the same location as of the earlier version and then open the app and set the timer and auto-save option again even if it is already running.

TschonDoe

Feb 28, 2008
Karlsruhe
I tried it on my Touch HD (Energy ROM), but it keeps freezing after a few location updates.

I'll try again when 0.4 is out^^

A suggestion for further development: Is it possible to select the cells for each volume setting in PC Buddy and then transfer them back to the PDA? Or maybe even just select an area on a map?

The program is a great idea already!

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
I tried it on my Touch HD (Energy ROM), but it keeps freezing after a few location updates.

I'll try again when 0.4 is out^^

A suggestion for further development: Is it possible to select the cells for each volume setting in PC Buddy and then transfer them back to the PDA? Or maybe even just select an area on a map?

The program is a great idea already!

Thanks,

bytheway what you meant by freezing... what exactly happens?

TschonDoe

Feb 28, 2008
Karlsruhe
The program itselfs stops responding, all over the screen. I can switch to my home screen with the hardware button and then kill the task. If I try to switch back to the task, it again just freezes the current screen like a screenshot.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
The program itselfs stops responding, all over the screen. I can switch to my home screen with the hardware button and then kill the task. If I try to switch back to the task, it again just freezes the current screen like a screenshot.

not sure why this should happen...:confused: i thought only CDMA mobiles behave that way....
will try to find out... one more thing do you exit after saving the setting? maybe autokill is faulty...:eek: try to save manually and see if still it freezes

ahlok_hk

Jan 6, 2006
Thanks for the v.4. I have tested it for 24 hours and it still doen't work when my hd2 is in standby mode.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Thanks for the v.4. I have tested it for 24 hours and it still doen't work when my hd2 is in standby mode.

Hmm I think the windows api that i use to schedule is not reliable... in that case i need time so that i can figure some thing out, i know there is other API but that not compatible with my scheduler apps logic... so that needs to be changed:eek:

erik8308

Jan 6, 2010
Hi,

this sounds like a great app. However would it be difficult to incorporate functionality to change more than the volume? Like Wifi for example? I would like the wifi to go off automatically when I leave my house, but be turned on when in my office for example. And maybe bluetooth only at my office.

Thanks

Erik

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Hi,

this sounds like a great app. However would it be difficult to incorporate functionality to change more than the volume? Like Wifi for example? I would like the wifi to go off automatically when I leave my house, but be turned on when in my office for example. And maybe bluetooth only at my office.

Thanks

Erik

Ya that is a good option... I think there is one more app in XDA that can do that but i think that uses GPS or some data connection not sure...
Well will see if this can be done next time...