FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

By supercurio, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th October 2010, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2011, 09:19 PM |#1741  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego42

The headset you're using was made for the iPhone and is NOT compatible. You need a headset manufactured specifically for the SGS or Nokia phones.

they work perfectly including the mic with an adaptor, there's one on ebay for ~1$, don't have the link at hand but you can find it in the i9000 accesory section of the forum.

25th March 2011, 12:41 AM |#1742  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Does the volume boost affect bluetooth headsets? If not would adding that function be possible or are there too many limitations.
25th March 2011, 04:08 AM |#1743  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Atom

I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Does the volume boost affect bluetooth headsets? If not would adding that function be possible or are there too many limitations.

The analog output section for your case would be the bluetooth headset itself and you wouldn't benefit from having full control of the Wolfson's analog output.

You might, however, benefit from the Hi-fi oversampling.
25th March 2011, 05:07 AM |#1744  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm on darky's 9.3 and damiangto kernel 1.2 and voodoo will randomly just kill itself

Been happening for a while even when I was using hardcore's speedmod kernel.
25th March 2011, 05:14 AM |#1745  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Is it just me or it the new kernel draining the battery too fast?
25th March 2011, 08:39 AM |#1746  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritishd

Is it just me or it the new kernel draining the battery too fast?

You're right, I had the same problem and had to turn back to speedmod kernel.

I think the problem is speedmod kernel has gotten very well concerning battery life and other tweaks but unfortunately does not support latest sound features; and Supercurio's kernel was once a major breakthrough is now a kernel from old days in terms of battery life and small tweaks

Regards.
25th March 2011, 11:47 AM |#1747  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quite a few people on this thread have been asking Supercurio for a fix for the abysmal A2DP quality on the i9000 (and many other Android phones for that matter).
There has been a report in a thread on this issue ( http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9888 ) that it has been fixed (or at least improved considerably) in Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Is there anyone using Gingerbread (via for instance Darky's ROM 10 beta) who could confirm or refute this claim?
Please do not comment if you're using CyanogenMod. It's a well known fact that CM fixes this issue independently of Android version.
Thanks!
25th March 2011, 03:51 PM |#1748  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengsuan

Video out uses the additional ring on TRS connector. You will definitely get hums if you connect to ordinary 3.5mm jack. You're not supposed to anyway. Headphone's ground will be injected with video signal.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

can someone confirm this? to my knowledge the videopin is set to ground if u disable video.

25th March 2011, 05:48 PM |#1749  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysiphus1981

can someone confirm this? to my knowledge the videopin is set to ground if u disable video.

I was referring to video-out on. When it's off, it should be grounded.
26th March 2011, 09:37 PM |#1750  
Here, there, everywhere
Thanks Meter: 2,304

Donate to Me
More
Hello Supercurio !

Can't wait for the app version of voodoo sound which doesn't require changes to the kernel !

When it's ready I will donate (again) and with pleasure ....
26th March 2011, 09:49 PM |#1751  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
+1
Especially if it works on cm7. ;)

sent via potential brick...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)