Fr3vo, thanks to TeamWin. We all appreciate the hard work!

Search This thread

AyyRayy

Sep 19, 2010
I just wanted to say thanks to the devs of TeamWin and everyone that was dedicated in the development section during these last couple weeks. There were tons of great ideas and this wouldn't be possible without everyone here at XDA :D

Can s-off come out and play? You run but you can't hide

heathmcabee

Feb 9, 2008
It really is the most exciting time for the Evo3d right now. Knowing this phone will live up its predecessor is truly an awesome feeling given the feeling I had when knowing that we were left with HTC to give us something we needed to continue to make this phone developer friendly. I really do appreciate everything that everyone from TeamWIN and others that did make it happen. This community is really great so far, and I'm enjoying having a phone I can actually do something with now.

Reactions: Stephanie95

AyyRayy

Sep 19, 2010
It really is the most exciting time for the Evo3d right now. Knowing this phone will live up its predecessor is truly an awesome feeling given the feeling I had when knowing that we were left with HTC to give us something we needed to continue to make this phone developer friendly. I really do appreciate everything that everyone from TeamWIN and others that did make it happen. This community is really great so far, and I'm enjoying having a phone I can actually do something with now.

100% agreed. This phone has so much potential its ridiculous.

SolsticeZero

Jun 2, 2010
Houston
Thanks Team Win. I know you all have families, jobs, hobbies, etc; but you still found the time to get root within only one week of the phone officially being out. This is why you guys are my favorite group of devs.

Keep up the good work!

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
True that, man. That dude is moderating his ass off in this forum.

Agreed he is doing awesome. We needed some of that action in the OG EVO dev threads.

One thing I don't understand, from their post it looks like they are developing an s-off tool rather than just using the engineering hboot. I wonder why that is, if it is indeed the case.

PS I'm no noob, understand what root, s-off, and eng hboots are. Went through the whole process with the og evo.

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Agreed he is doing awesome. We needed some of that action in the OG EVO dev threads.

One thing I don't understand, from their post it looks like they are developing an s-off tool rather than just using the engineering hboot. I wonder why that is, if it is indeed the case.

PS I'm no noob, understand what root, s-off, and eng hboots are. Went through the whole process with the og evo.

there is something with the hboot partition still being encoded that it wouldnt let them just flash the eng hboot.. one of them mentioned it during the ban wave last night..

Reactions: tatnai

Stephanie95

Jun 20, 2010
Sorry For Reposting(?) a Thanks Thread- A Place For Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to the devs of TeamWin and everyone that was dedicated in the development section during these last couple weeks. There were tons of great ideas and this wouldn't be possible without everyone here at XDA :D

I was tired of reading about 4 pages of thanks in the dev thread about to break open on how to root the 3vo

So I opened this "thanks" in the "Dev section". I know it was the wrong place... but maybe there should be a place at the top for thanks - in the developers section?

This was my post:

I know that this may not be the best place for thanking the TeamWin developers....
But I guessed that most people would like a place to thank everyone, without doing it on the actual threads! lol

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1149998

And looking for something like this in the "General" section is well - who wants the general section now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, tons of thanks! Really amazing stuff!

Lets leave the dev threads open for the stuff we want - root on our phones! SWEET!

Maybe you guys could add a permanent "Thanks Header"... for the writing of some nice stuff.;)

rdcrds

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah don't even go in the Development forum because the over the line Mod in there is closing every thread even teamwin threads unless every post is about development.

Sad thing is no more development is going on since everyone is waiting on teamwin and they even said people should keep going on it to find other ways but you just can't post on XDA in that area lol.

SolsticeZero

Jun 2, 2010
Houston
Yeah don't even go in the Development forum because the over the line Mod in there is closing every thread even teamwin threads unless every post is about development.

Sad thing is no more development is going on since everyone is waiting on teamwin and they even said people should keep going on it to find other ways but you just can't post on XDA in that area lol.

Can you blame him, though? **** was getting way out of hand to where you had to wade hip deep in forum drama and bull**** to find any info.

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com
Can you blame him, though? **** was getting way out of hand to where you had to wade hip deep in forum drama and bull**** to find any info.

I mean what's getting outta hand, there's people who ask questions/want answers and people who want to say thanks. I agree the thanks did overcrowd the devs from answering questions but i mean having to ban people LOL, like really? Way to lay the hammer on those internet guys you really showed them. Mods on this site abuse their powers.....perfect example. End of discussion....

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

He wasn't over the line, he asked folks to stop, nicely 2 times first and folks ignored him and continued the BS, then he warned about banning, and folks ignored him and continued the BS. Folks deserved what they got.

SolsticeZero

Jun 2, 2010
Houston
I mean what's getting outta hand, there's people who ask questions/want answers and people who want to say thanks. I agree the thanks did overcrowd the devs from answering questions but i mean having to ban people LOL, like really? Way to lay the hammer on those internet guys you really showed them. Mods on this site abuse their powers.....perfect example. End of discussion....

It's not end of discussion. They were temporary one day bans, dished out because people were constantly warned that it would happen if they didn't stop.

DoctorComrade

Jun 11, 2010

Why say thanks? You have a thanks button that you can use or have people forgot about that? So silly. The banning of people for 1 day was justified. He asked politely to stop the non dev talk a few times if I remember.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
I know that I wont even go to the dev section anymore, much less post anything. I was like a crackhead when I couldn't get on to xda. Ill just wait to hear something from you guys in the general section. I admit I was a little pissed when I got banned because I said thanks and gave props. As much b.s. I see on here and I get a whooping for saying thanks. It is what it is, I've talked to him and apologized and told him I understand his stance. I try to be as helpful as I can for peeps on here, half my posts are in Q&A trying to help people. Try to be a productive member and give back to the community that has given me so much, anyway I can. I accept and understand he has a job to do. I'm just saying I've seen a lot worse that goes on around here. Maybe its time for a change and he is headed towards that.

Last edited:

Scotty_Two

Dec 25, 2010
Denver, CO
scott-olsen.com
They are amazing!

TWE3D.png

TWE3D_ii.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And to sterricson for betting an awesome mod

Sent from my 3rd Dimension of Evolution

Dear XDA, please add a thanks button to the xda mobile app.

Love,

Eric
    You broke that rule when you flamed a moderator! Most of you.

I never flammed him... I just disagree with the way he handled the situation..

Your the one attacking people with insults whitch you get back 10 fold...

And ps you have 78 thanks

I have 71 and have been here 1/3 of the time you have... So thanks meter aside.. your a moron

sent from a 3devo