CM10.0 Stable Review

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.0 stable was released a while ago on the HTC One S (S4). I've used it for a week nown and thought I'd write a review. Basically, I'm trying to create the thread I wish I'd find before I flashed CM10.0 Stable.

I came from stock 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1, so whenever I make comparisons, I compare it to that.

The Good
    - Stability. I've really only encountered a single bug. That's actually better than stock for me. Definately stable enough to use as a daily driver. I am really impressed by this.
    - Speed and smoothness. Everything flows really well, making the interface a joy to use.
    - Battery life. For me, it has been notably but not dramatically better. I get about 3.5 h screen time (I got about 3 h on stock).
    - The interface. Everything is prettier than Sense. I could never go back.
    - The settings. The number of settings isn't as large as CM7 (which was a bit insane), but larger than stock. You can tweak more or less everything you care about.

The Bad
    - A bug making volume wake unreliable. It's on the tracker: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=6720
    This matters a lot for me since my power button is quite unresponsible. But it probably won't matter to most users (although I'd argue that waking the screen up with volume buttons is more comfortable than the power button)
    - While it's great that you can cutomize the lock screen shortcuts, you can't move the "unlock". It's always to the right. You can install another lock screen if you want, though. It's a very minor issue.
    - The contacts app doesn't seem to work with Facebook, so if you (like me) get all your contacts' pictures from there, you're out of luck. Slightly annoying. Third party apps like Haxsync can fix this though.
    - The timer and the alarm are found in two different apps. And the timer app is a bit wierd, coming from stock. But it works.

Other notes
    - Camera quality seems good enough. Taking photos is really fast, much like stock, but you can't just hold down the button to do burst mode.
    - I don't miss Beats Audio. The DSP Manager, an included app, let's you activate bass boost in three different levels. For me, this gives more than good enough audio quality.

Conclusion
    A great rom. Don't stay on stock :)

If you want me to add anything else, just ask :)
    Thanks for this great review.
    Is it possible to shoot 8mpx widescreen pictures like in the stock rom ?
    And is the battery life really better than stock? I've read that some users got a worse battery life on cm..
    Did you experienced any wifi/2g/3g connection issues?

Sense roms don't take 8mp widescreen shots. To achieve the widescreen, they just crop the photos to something more like 6mp.
    Battery life really depends on how you use your phone but for me its better on CM.
    Other than the occasional disconnecting from wifi, everything is fine over here
    Hello!!

As far as Facebook sync the best next thing is Haxsync in the market... Sooo worth it and it works great on CM10.

:)
    Can someone tell me how much the radio take effect on the battery life?
    I'm on stock Rom with radio 1.06es now
    Or will a new radio be flashed with during the flashprogress of cm 10?

You are not on 1.06es. Check about phone and you will see
    How would you compare photo quality between CM 10.0 Stable and Sense 4.1 ROMs? I understand that CM 10.0 cannot access the HTC ImageSense chip because it's proprietary but is there a noticeable difference in taking pictures between the two ROMs?

Yes big difference IMO to me it was unacceptable and switched back to sense but it is what it is, maybe someday the sense camera can be ported

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app