What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release
I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
They all come in two versions,
Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
  • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
  • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
  • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
  • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
  • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
  • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
  • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
  • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
  • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
  • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
  • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

EnergyROM_Standard_Energy.png

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
  • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
  • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

EnergyROM_Reference.png

'Reference'

• This ROM is mostly for people that want a close to stock ROM with the stock visual style. It's also perfect for doing your own customizations.
  • A lot of the cooked in apps are removed in this ROM, the Start menu back to the stock 3 row style
  • Sense and everything else is back to the default HTC green.

ROMs mostly created for enthusiasts...

EnergyROM_MaxSense.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
  • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
  • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
  • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.

EnergyROM_Titanium.png

Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
  • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
  • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Release notes

July 4th, 2011

• Wifi Router app updated for more compatibility (especially VGA devices)
  • USSD Service app fixed and updated
  • Removed rogue Imagio bootup welcomescreen and animation
  • Fixed InCall volume issues for 21916 VGA devices ROMs
  • Fixed Bubblebreaker for 21916 ROMs
  • VoIP components thrown back in

-----------------------------------------

July 2nd, 2011

• Updated to 29022
  • Bluetooth HID profiles cooked back in
  • Fixed Opera favorites problem in Titanium ROMs
  • SIM Manager not opening on some devices, fixed
  • Camera version 6.45 from Oboe integrated in all HD2 specific ROMs
  • Added Ninja Duck's "No WIFI Sleep" cab to the addons directory to stop wifi from sleeping during HTC Wifi Sharing operations (http://www.energyroms.com/Addons/Regular%20Addons/index.php)
  • Sencity skinned dialer made by "eac" (only on some devices, HD2 and VGA excluded)

June 1st, 2011

• Fixed Music tab bug where songs don't play all the way or get stuck on "searching"
  • Fixed blue disabled button situation in certain instances, but keeping the WM contacts readable
  • WorldCard Mobile removed from ALL ROMs (useless, broken, app... if you want it there's plenty
    of cabs for it around)
  • Some ICONS are now squared for better compability with SPB and other apps
  • Audiobooster skin for Touch of Glass ROMs (WVGA only)
  • Added nice 28 day Agenda MOD to Calendar tab in Sense (thanks to slabbi! not sure if this got cooked in ?!? feedback please...)
  • Week view in Sense Calendar tab is now more legible with a blue highlight instead of grey
  • Palringo updated to 2.6.2
  • Stock CHT Layout restoration file fixed for all ROMs

GTX Taskbar mod to 21916 ROMs for better visibility of task manager icon
    GTX Skin for TCPMP
    GTX Skin for the MP3Trimmer
    GTX Mod for the CommManager
  • All of the above GTX mods are thanks to member eac ! Romanian power! lol
  • GTX "music widget not displaying on homescreen bug" fixed
  • Slight adjustment to HD2 GTX dialpad

-----------------------------------------

2010 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------
2009 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------
2008 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
Sense%20Email.png
Sense%20Music.png
Sense%20Settings.png
Sense%20Facebook.png
Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
Email.png
Messaging.png
Lockscreen.png

nrgenergize.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
  • Solitaire
  • Teeter
GPS

• Digital Compass
  • QuickGPS
  • Google Maps
  • HTC GPSTool
  • ChartCross GPS Test
Internet

• Opera 9.7
  • Jbed Java
  • RSS Hub
  • Remote Desktop
  • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
  • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
  • Barnes Noble eReader
  • Facebook
  • Palringo
  • Windows Live
  • Messenger
  • Bing
  • Send and Receive All
  • Data Controller
Multimedia

• Audio Booster
  • FM Radio
  • MP3 Trimmer
  • Voice Recorder
  • YouTube
  • TCPMP
  • InCall Recording
Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010
Tools

• BsB Tweaks
  • Flashlight
  • Lock Device
  • Microsoft MyPhone
  • Registry Editor
  • PIM Backup
  • FDC TaskManager
  • Wifi Router
  • XDA UC
  • My own Settings Exporter tool
  • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
  • Wifi Monster
  • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
  • tBattery
On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
  • Total Commander
  • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
  • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You won't find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM and ready to go. No need to spend time to set everything up.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, all options, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting, but still able to use a nicely skinned Sense text messaging app with "iphone style" messaging bubbles.

Last edited:

swiss420

Jul 15, 2007
www.swiss420.ch
EnergyROM FAQ

XDA_UC Config. Tool
Thanks to M3PH

Note: The mirrors links have been removed by the Chef. If members need to exchange mirrors links, it should be via PM.

Disclaimer: If a working solution was found for a recent problem while I'm not around, I'd appreciate it if someone PM'ed me with a link to the post, in order to update it here.

Q: Twitter Login Problems April 2011 ROMS:

A1: Backup your Twitter Registry entries and Cache folder before flashing newest ROM's. Without it you will not be able to login.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAccountManager]
"TwitterAccount"
"TwitterPassword"
"TwitterToken"
"TwitterTokenSecret"
"TwitterUsername"
\Temp\TwitEng

Using the Energy Exporter you will only get the keys but empty so you want to do it manualy through startmenu > tools > Registry Editor > Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC] > Hold down on HTCAccountManager and select Export > Choose location on Storage Card for later import on newest ROM (Keep safe dont share - includes Facebook and Youtube data)

Q: How do i Flash a ROM/Radio/Splash Screen/Task 29?
A1: This is a complete self-explanatory tutorial with videos.
A2: This is a simple-yet-useful guide. "Thanks to prateekgujral"

Q: I Can't Extract/Unzip the ROM after download (Need .7z extension).
A: Download the latest WinRAR release here.

Q: Can this ROM be used on a US T-Mobile HD2 with 1GB ROM?
A: As mentioned in the very first Post, yes it can.

Q: What are the Installed Apps in ROM XYZ? "Thanks to codeconqueror"
A: All ROM releases have the same app list included, except for Reference. More reading here.

Q: Are there any Mirrors to download from?
A: For current releases, the answer is No, due to the Chef's request. However, if you need to older releases, check the signatures of nrfitchett4 and Scabes24.

Q: Which is the Best Radio to use with EnergyROM?
A: There is no "Best" Radio, they seem to be location-dependent. Some have better reception but poor life and vice versa. Try out several versions until you find one that suits you best. Just make sure it is a 50 and not a 51 version (Example: 2.xx.50.xx is good but 2.xx.51.xx is not).

Q: I just want to have the Radio with extra RAM and best performance.
A: Same answer as the one above.

Q: I have the error "Unable to launch Sense" .. What shall I do?
A1: First possible solution: Read this.
A2: Second possible solution: Read this.
A3: Third possible solution: Delete the folder: "\Storage Card\Application Data", and the file "Manilafull.xml" from \Windows folder and soft reset the device.
A4: Fourth possible solution: The reason of sense crash might be either corrupted CABs, or a combination between CABs that causes a conflict. Therefore, you need to take a closer look at what you're installing, try them one by one until you figure out the CAB/conflict problem source.

Q: My ActiveSync isn't working and I get some weird errors (ex: 0x86000C2A, 0x86000C2B, 0x00.......).
A1: Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC -> Untick the "Enable Faster Data Synchronization" checkbox.
A2: Make sure you're typing your data correctly, specially the server name. Alot of us (including myself) have been there before.
A3: You may need to terminate the relationship between your phone & your PC, remove your settings from ActiveSync, hard reset, then reestablish the connection again.
A4: Microsoft mentioned that some errors might be due to a recent faulty entry (contact, email attachment, appointment, ... etc). So, try to sync one item only (e.g., contacts). If it worked, you need to recheck your recently-added items & eliminate the faulty one.
A5: This registry seemed to work with a couple of ActiveSync errors.

Code:
[COLOR=darkgreen][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\[/COLOR][COLOR=darkgreen]Policies[/COLOR][COLOR=darkgreen]][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]"0000100c"=dword:00000040[/COLOR]
- Also, Read here and here for further problems.

Q: How do I Automatically configure my Email(s) settings after every flash/hard reset?
A1: Easily create email settings via simple GUI using Makisu, then place the XML file(s) in your XDA_UC folder.
A2: Use some ready templates in this post. "Thanks to nrfitchett4"

Q: How do I Create a CAB file with my Email(s) settings? "Thanks to netvpn7"
A: Here you go.

Q: What are the New Start Menu Options?
A: Read here.

Q: How can I Add custom mp3/wma files to Alarm tones?
A: Workaround here.

Q: I Can't find the "Input" option in the "Settings -> Personal" entry?
A: Delete this registry, and you're good to go.

Q: I Can't find the "Phone" option in the "Settings -> Personal" entry?
A: Solution here. "Thanks to EdinM30"

Q: How do I Control Network Selection "Manual/Automatic"? "Thanks to **[bimmer]**"
A: Use the REG entry from this post.

Q: After a reset my Phone hangs on white screen while loading.
A: This is caused by a non compatible Radio. Upgrade to a 2.xx.50.xx radio version, which also unlocks the 576MB RAM. "Thanks to swiss420"

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !

Q: How do I Disable the Keyboard Vibration?
A1: Settings tab -> Locale & Text -> Text Input -> Turn "Vibrate" off.
Or A2: Install the Keyboard_Disable_Vibration cab from the Addons page here.

Q: How do I Disable the Keyboard Pop-up with every new text received? "Thanks to jembot"
A: Start -> Tools -> Advanced Config -> Input -> Set "Auto Deploy SIP" to Disabled.

Q: How do I Disable the Start Button Vibration?
A: Start -> Tools -> X Button Settings -> Advanced tab -> Set both "Tab Vibration Time" and "Hold Vibration Time" to 0 ms.

Q: Where do I get Original/Energized Splash Screens "Bootscreens"? "Thanks to sumflipnol"
A: There you go.

Q: Unable to Log in to Twitter/Facebook.
A: Read this post, and if it didn't work, try to re-configure your APN settings manually (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Manage existing connections).

Q: How to Disable Volume Buttons When Device Is Locked?
A: Solution here.

Q: How can I control Alarm Snooze Intervals?
A: Use this cab.

Q: My Carrier Time isn't working (Settings -> Personal)? "Thanks to Chrisuk80"
A: Try this.

Q: I can't get USSD to work? "Thanks to pee-wee"
A: It's not common issue (only with some operators). You should delete them from Fixed Dialing window, details here.

Q: I'm suffering from the auto Winter Time Change.
A: Solution found. "Thanks to JayMore"

Q: How do I Enable/Disable the 24-hour Format? "Thanks to Khaled_Chebat"
A: Start -> Settings -> System -> Regional Settings -> Scroll to "Time" tab -> In the "Time style" drop-down list, select your preferred style.

• H:mm:ss tt -> 9:48:15 PM.
  • HH:mm:ss tt -> 09:48:15 PM.
  • H:mm:ss -> 21:48:15.
  • HH:mm:ss -> 21:48:15.
Q: How do I Enable animated weather on home screen?
A: Home screen -> Press one of the Co0kie's empty links -> Add Quick Link -> Toggle Switch -> Weather Toggle.

Q: I need help to make CHT 2.0 more stable. "Thanks to **[bimmer]**"
A: Read here.

Q: How can I Revert back to Original WM LockScreen instead of the Android one?
A1: Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Switch Lockscreens.

Q: I want to Restore Stock Volume changing sounds instead of the new ones?
A: Here you go. "Thanks to sumflipnol"

Q: E-reader tab is gone. How can I have it back? "Thanks to Khaled_Chebat & MAD_Matt"
A: Solution is here.

Q: When opening photos, I get a small centered picture instead of full screen.
A: Solution is here. "Thanks to M_T_M"

Q: When opening HTC Albums, I get Duplicate Images.
A: Here's the solution.

Q: Whenever I open my Albums, Pictures open in TCPMP/Core Player.
A: A workaround is here.

Q: How do I Disable AutoSync for Clock?
A: Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Phone -> Time Zones -> Untick the "Automatic change time zone and clock" checkbox.

Q: I get Errors "SIM Card Not Ready/Missing" when I try to use my device, such as replying SMS? "Thanks to pongskie"
A: This probably occurs due to installing many apps that might cause a conflict. Before using Hard Reset as a solution, try to remove the apps you installed & check your SIM after every uninstallation to see if it's working properly again (Might require a couple of soft resets within the apps removing process though).

Q: How do I Enable SMS Sent Pop-up Notification? "Thanks to sumflipnol"
A:
Code:
[COLOR=darkgreen]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\NoSntMsg[/COLOR] = [COLOR=red]0[/COLOR] (default is 1)
[COLOR=darkgreen]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\NoSntMsg[/COLOR] = [COLOR=red]0[/COLOR] (default is 1)
Q: How do I Enable SMS Delivery Notification?
A: Start -> Tools -> Advanced Config -> Messaging -> SMS delivery notification (Set to Enabled), then reset.
P.S., if this didn't work out, check this post. "Thanks to Crusoe86"

Q: How do I Enable Graphical "Send" button in SMS? "Thanks to oluwaponmile"
A: Solution is here.

Q: How do I configure the MMS Server Manually?
A: Messaging tab -> All messages -> Menu -> Scroll down the menu to "MMS Options" -> Servers tab.

Q: How do I Install CABs silently to device/SD Card?
A: Read the below XDA_UC FAQ & tips.

Q: How do I Copy Shortcuts/Directories/Ringtones/Wallpapers using XDA_UC after a fresh flash?
A: The answer is here.

Q: How do I Stop Music Player from playing my ringtones?
A: Here you go. "Thanks to M3PH"

Code:
[COLOR=blue][U]HTCAlbumIgnore.cab[/U][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]S[/COLOR]tops the sense music player playing ringtone files from \My Documents\My Ringtones\
Q: Call waiting notifications don't work/vibrate instead of the peep tone!
A: I had an active vibration on waiting notifications, default value was pw3v, and solved it with the below.
Code:
[COLOR=darkgreen][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting\Script][/COLOR]

Change the value to [COLOR=red]pw3pw3p[/COLOR]

p = Play ringtone
w = Wait number of seconds
v = Vibrate
Q: My phone can't Read or Write Arabic/Chinese/Hebrew ... etc?
A: After installing both "Your regularly-used multilingual support pack (ex: Arabic)" and "NRGZ28 Tahoma Font Restore" CABs (from the Addons page or from my signature), use a registry editor. "Thanks to pp18"

Code:
[COLOR=darkgreen][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI][/COLOR]

Add a DWORD value [COLOR=red]FontLinkMethods[/COLOR] and set it to [COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]
Then reset.
Q: When I'm In-call, the touch screen/buttons don't work.
A: Start -> Tools -> BsB Tweaks -> General -> Disable both "Screen Sensitivity" and "Tap Time", then reset.

Q: My CorePlayer doesn't play videos?
A: Open CorePlayer -> Menu -> Tools -> Preferences -> "Select Page" soft key -> Video -> Video Output -> Set it to "DirectDraw" (not sure if a soft reset is required, I did it anyway).

Q: How to manually Modify Action Screen Values?
A: There are 10 items labeled APP_0 to APP_10. It looks like this controls the action screen, but I am not certain of this & didn't test it (TRY IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!). "Thanks to dotnetguyaz & MAD_Matt"
Code:
[COLOR=darkgreen][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\BioTouch\ActionScreen\APP_#\Path[/COLOR][COLOR=darkgreen]][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkgreen]Change the value of the path to the path you want the button to be for.[/COLOR]
Q: My Battery drains !@#%^&* fast!!
A: Check this very awesome post for useful tips. "Thanks to Scabes24"

Q: Is it possible to Cook the XYZ app in the upcoming release?
A: NRGZ28 cooks his ROMs the way he likes it, and apps are usually being judged from different points of view (Speed, Space, Stability ... etc). If you want a way to automatically install your app, you may use XDA_UC. However, you might PM him with your app suggestion.

Q: After flashing CHT ROM, the Network operator name is displayed as Energy.
A: Start -> Tools -> CHTEditor -> Miscellaneous settings -> Other settings (all the way at the bottom) -> Custom Operator text. If you want your network name in there remove the default text so the box is empty.

Q: I'm having Random freezes while using my phone.
A1: This is a so called "White Screen of Death". What could help here is a reflash of the Radio. Just be careful to use a compatible Radio Version.
A2: Please delete "all data you have not created" from the SD card before flashing... This is because sometimes there are programs that leave registry traces on the SD and they could interfere when you re-install the apps.
A3: If you are thinking of a Hard Reset - Remove the SD card and then Hard Reset. Let it complete the whole process, and when it reaches the home screen, (give it a few more seconds) DO NOTHING.. Simply turn off the phone. Now insert the SD card and boot.
A4: As recommended earlier by NRGZ28, disable both CHT lockscreen and the second hand.

Q: The ROM doesn’t contain the original HTC Messaging client?
A: This can be downloaded from the Addons page.

Q: My Taskbar clock is not aligned in the home screen. Mostly on the GTX ROM. "Thanks to prateekgujral"
A: Go to Settings -> System -> Regional settings -> Time -> Select "hh:mm:ss:tt".
If the above format is not present, then try choosing another region, and see if its there. Confirmed: It is there in "English - NZ".

Q: My music tab loads slowly/gets stuck when the screen is locked or turned off
A1: This is a CHT Lockscreen issue. Disable CHT Lockscreen and use the traditional Windows Mobile screen lock from the CHT editor.

Q: The new NRGZ Chat bubble SMS conversation doesn't work, when I install the ROM, I get the classic SMS compose view.
A: Scroll to "Messaging" in sense, click all messages button. From there you can find the bubble style.

Q: When will the Next Update of ROM XYZ be released?
A: There is no point in asking this question. The updates come when they come, as there is no schedule.

Q: What happens if i ask a Repetitive question?
A: You might either get flamed, or find your question being ignored over and over again, depends on the person responding.

=================================================================================================

XDA_UC FAQ

The XDA_UC cooked in my ROMs is modified from the stock XDA_UC made by Noonski. Great addon, by the way... Noonski did a great job with this !
The version in my ROMs is trimmed down to fit the needs of my ROM series.
Some of the extra features are:

• It will copy shortcuts (.lnk files) found in \XDA_UC\Start Menu\ to the device's start menu folder (\windows\Start Menu) in the hierarchy that it finds on the storage card. For example: Let's say you have a navigation package on the storage card, like Navigon. If you make a shortcut to the navigon.exe file as Navigon.lnk and copy it to \XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS\ as "Navigon.lnk" then on a fresh ROM install it will copy any shortcuts it finds there to the same location on the device, so it'll end up in \Windows\Start Menu\GPS\. This works for other folders on the Start Menu as well. Just put the shortcuts in \xda_uc\Start Menu\ in the folders you will like the shortcuts to appear to, on the device.
  • It will copy a custom splash screen from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\welcomehead.192.png to \windows automatically and overwrite the one in the ROM.
  • It will copy a custom Sense background found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\wallpaper_sense.png to the device and set that wallpaper as default in Sense. So rename your wallpaper as "wallpaper_sense.png" and drop it in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\ and on the next ROM flash that wallpaper will become your wallpaper in Sense.
Other than that XDA_UC works as designed by Noonski and it will do the following things:

• It will automatically import your PPCbackup (*.pib) file found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently install CAB files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will install special CAB files that require user input (such as Agreements or any type of prompt) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD
  • It will silently import REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently install REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\Exporter, as exported by my own Settings Exporter, ONLY if the "automatic" file is also present in that folder (and it most cases it should be, enable that option in the Settings Export application's menu)
  • It will silently import XML files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently import CER files (usually Exchange certificates) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently run custom MSCR files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
That's it, but don't forget to checkout the Addons folder and look in the XDA_UC section for tips and tutorials on how to export your email/wifi settings and various little .reg and tweaks you can add to your XDA_UC collection.

As always don't forget to check what installs automatically before reporting a problem with the ROM. Most of the time, if you notice you have a problem that nobody else is experience is because one of the cabs you dropped in the XDA_UC folder is installing automatically while you don't even think about it. Allot of People download and use these ROM's. Remember most people dont post when everything runs they only post if something does not.

=================================================================================================

This FAQ has been made by Users for Users - Thanks to everyone who contributed so far and also to those who contribute in the future.

In alphabetical older:

Chrisuk80, ClydeB1, codeconqueror, Crusoe86, dotnetguyaz, EdinM30, Fishawy, JayMore, jembot, Khaled_Chebat, M3PH, MAD_Matt, M_T_M, netvpn7, nrfitchett4, NRGZ28, oluwaponmile, pee-wee, pnxsinned, pongskie, pp18, prateekgujral, pyrorob, Scabes24, sumflipnol, swiss420, TheRomMistress, Towserspvm2000, **[bimmer]**, and watcher64.

Special thanks to the prior FAQ Editors Tokolosh and Fishawy for their great work.

Last edited:
Reactions: TakuyaMK

lpsi2000

Jan 16, 2004
TriState
All I can say is WOW, you are cooking for the Leo too. How many people you got working for you. How the hell do you do it "putting out ROM for all of these devices":p:D

hasan_abeer

Jul 17, 2008
oh my god
EnergyROM "Leo will be for future relases thank sir i will use it for my 1 st cooked room in my devise
hoopfully soon

jimbo29

Jan 2, 2009
Bucharest
Hello...

How can i express better what i was hoping?

Man i don't know what i was waiting, impatiently, first: You or HSPL?!?:D

I need both...

WELLCOME!!!:)

Cheers
and i hope you will feel very confortable here at LEO forum!:)

desmo_due

Jul 27, 2008
glad to see you here! and thanks for your work! please make also rom without manila like fore the blackstone.
thanks again for your work!

AF241

Dec 26, 2005
Glad to see your kitchen has expanded to include leo. Love your roms. They worked best on my previous devices and sure to be the same on this too. S/H SPL please hurry up.

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006
Great!

From Raphael to Rhodium and then Leo... Your roms are always part of my life!!! :)

Just a suggestion if you could also come up with SEA version that supports chinese and chinese IME like the 1.48 ROM so that we don't need to install third party fonts, IME, etc. :p

Last edited:

futureshock

Aug 16, 2006
Graz
www.futureshock.at
Hi,

please please make a German LEO Rom too!!!

on all other devices i uses your Energy ROM... but the final step is have it in German!!

maybe if you need help let me know... cooked also a few roms... for example for the HTC Breeze (Smartphone), and a few for Diamond...

hmota78

Sep 1, 2008
Bardejov
All I can say is WOW, you are cooking for the Leo too. How many people you got working for you. How the hell do you do it "putting out ROM for all of these devices":p:D

Amazing. Beats me too. I have long time ago decided NRGZ needs less time of sleep than Donald Trump (who reportedly sleeps 3 hours/day) :)
Anyway, this new thread really made my day. Now I am really running out of reasons why I shouldn't surprise myself with a new phone for Christmas :)
Thank you NRGZ.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)