[BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Search This thread

ppc6700freak

Jun 4, 2006
Very pleased

Loaded this on my 15yr olds Tilt II. It is the most complete and stable package I have used to date. He is a HAPPY boy.... Thank to all that have contributed to create it!

Maarten90

Apr 26, 2010
Doesnt work here. I had a EXT3 Partition (500 MB) from an earlier install, But after it says 'Allocated....' it just stops doing anything, and after, say, 10 mins the screen turns black and nothing happens. It runs now for 20 mins and still nothing happened. Whats wrong? Using a Touch Pro2.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Doesnt work here. I had a EXT3 Partition (500 MB) from an earlier install, But after it says 'Allocated....' it just stops doing anything, and after, say, 10 mins the screen turns black and nothing happens. It runs now for 20 mins and still nothing happened. Whats wrong? Using a Touch Pro2.

I never mention anything about an ext3 partition, where is that coming from?

If you were using a neopeek build (they use ext2 partitions...) or something else, might be a good idea to go ahead and do a full format (FAT32) with the HP tool.

Reactions: Maarten90

Maarten90

Apr 26, 2010
Whoops, indeed. I used a Neopeek build before. ;) . But then, Why won't it boot? I copied everything to my FAT32 formatted SDcard, but it just does get stuck at the part mentioned before.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Whoops, indeed. I used a Neopeek build before. ;) . But then, Why won't it boot? I copied everything to my FAT32 formatted SDcard, but it just does get stuck at the part mentioned before.

Did you format the card? I'm not sure how neopeeks builds are configured, AFAIK our build requires the FAT32 partition be the first partition.

Maarten90

Apr 26, 2010
I have indeed, moved the right startup.txt to the root of the SDCard, and I also have copied your calibration file to the root folder of the SDCard. Going to reformat the SDCard and I will report back once done :).

Reactions: elementyy

Maarten90

Apr 26, 2010
It works! Thank you! While trying it out I tried to play Angry Birds, but it seems that Hardware 3D is not available yet?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
It works! Thank you! While trying it out I tried to play Angry Birds, but it seems that Hardware 3D is not available yet?

Oy...

HW3D works, but Angry Birds requires opengles2.0. Our phones support 1.1 at best IIRC.

I heard there's some other versions of Angry Birds flying around that work better on our old phones. I honestly do not understand the popularity of the game, and yes I have played it. "Boring" is about the only word I could come up with to describe it, but I'm not much of a gamer on my phone :p.

Reactions: elementyy

Maarten90

Apr 26, 2010
Ah OK, that explains the lag ;). I only installed Angry Birds for testing purposes, but thanks for your opinion on the game :).

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Ah OK, that explains the lag ;). I only installed Angry Birds for testing purposes, but thanks for your opinion on the game :).

Yea, you can ignore my opinion of the game. Most people seem to love it :p.

Search around, like I said there's some "lite" version of the game that I hear runs better ;).

AkumaX

Feb 25, 2008
1) w/ the new kernel, what parts will consist of the most recent 'FRX04 stable'?

2) been doing a lot of Words With Friends recently :p anyone have any good combinations of kernels/rootfs/data.img that make it playable?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
1) w/ the new kernel, what parts will consist of the most recent 'FRX04 stable'?

2) been doing a lot of Words With Friends recently :p anyone have any good combinations of kernels/rootfs/data.img that make it playable?

No clue what you're asking. Both of your questions appear to be in English, but they don't make any sense :p.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think a ton of people use wifi, most people who have smartphones also have data plans :p.

But if there isn't a bug, file one and give details - logs, specs on what you're running, what you've tried, etc.

I concur. I use wifi almost exclusively where available (even on my native phone). I've not seen the described behavior before so I'll be very interested in a bug report.

Since I'm posting, might as well make a quick progress report for the forum users... I've locally merged the huge changes by hyc/highlandsun, viruscrazy and Alex. The merge was somewhat smooth for Rhod. We've still got to test the non-Rhod devices and fix their wifi, and I want to implement Rhod bluetooth before releasing FRX07. Hopefully those few things won't take too long and we can get this system out soon.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App
    I've been trying to find an already made theme to drop into this build, but I've been unable to find out which types of themes would work easily. Most of the themes I see are cm7, which I think is gingerbread. How do we find a theme that is compatible for this build? Thanks.

I tried to do ready-made themes and universally wound up causing epic forceclose-fests.

At some point, someone linked to the Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen in a ROM discussion for another device (I own a Huawei S7).

I tried the UOT Kitchen with an xdandroid APK and it worked! I was going to post about it when I had more time.

The basics are:
    Go to UOT - http://uot.dakra.lt/
    Take framework-res.apk from /system/framework/ of your device and upload it to UOT.
    Tweak stuff
    Order your theme
    Wait a few minutes
    Pick it up
    Extract the ZIP to your PC - I haven't yet figured out the appropriate settings to get a "sensible" ZIP for our devices that has the files in the correct install locations.
    Take the framework-res.apk from that ZIP and put it in /system/framework/, and optionally put bootanimation.zip wherever it goes (I forgot...)

Edit: I haven't figured out (or even attempted) to get the font tweaks to work. No matter what font I choose I get TTFs for droid-sans - Although what MIGHT happen is that the font tweak replaces the droid-sans TTFs instead of pointing some theme element to new TTFs. e.g. it's named droid-sans.ttf but is actually something else.