Thanks Meter: 1,896

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 12:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2013, 01:49 PM |#2541  
Flag Bradenton, Fl
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Rogers and I just upgraded to 4.3. Call recorder was working before but now I see the call but length is 0 min. Anyone have it working on S4 (Rogers)? And if so can you share your setting.

Thanks.
26th November 2013, 02:07 PM |#2542  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam666

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Rogers and I just upgraded to 4.3. Call recorder was working before but now I see the call but length is 0 min. Anyone have it working on S4 (Rogers)? And if so can you share your setting.

Thanks.

Have you re-installed Alsa?
26th November 2013, 02:20 PM |#2543  
Flag Bradenton, Fl
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

Have you re-installed Alsa?

I didn't need Alsa with version 4.2.2.

But to test I installed Alsa and now I don't even see the call in Call recorder.

With 4.2.2 I had to use a hack from someone else to make Call recorder work, do I still need it?
26th November 2013, 02:33 PM |#2544  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam666

I didn't need Alsa with version 4.2.2.

But to test I installed Alsa and now I don't even see the call in Call recorder.

With 4.2.2 I had to use a hack from someone else to make Call recorder work, do I still need it?

Oh, ignore me. Somehow saw Galaxy S3. I don't know the correct config for S4. My apologies for the confusion.
26th November 2013, 04:15 PM |#2545  
Flag Alicante
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I have a Nexus 5, all stock without root.
What do I need to record with Call Recorder by line? Root? Alsa? Busybox? another kernel?

Thank you in advance.
26th November 2013, 11:53 PM |#2546  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 26

More
GT-I9505G
Hi Alex,
I contacted you though email and got a reply from you w/ link to this thread. Thx.
I try mediaserver_update.zip and ended up w/ bootloop.
Tried again after wipe dalvik and cache. This time it boot up but never get pass starting apps after optimizing apps...
It gave me a series of 3 short and one long vibrations (that's usually indicates crash(es)).
Again, Spec: GT-I9505G, stock 4.3. Rooted. Xpose framework w/ gravitybox.
Thx again
27th November 2013, 12:06 AM |#2547  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnguy

Hi Alex,
I contacted you though email and got a reply from you w/ link to this thread. Thx.
I try mediaserver_update.zip and ended up w/ bootloop.
Tried again after wipe dalvik and cache. This time it boot up but never get pass starting apps after optimizing apps...
It gave me a series of 3 short and one long vibrations (that's usually indicates crash(es)).
Again, Spec: GT-I9505G, stock 4.3. Rooted. Xpose framework w/ gravitybox.
Thx again

Just read it to the end: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2369

Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

In case you don't able to boot you can flash mediaserver_restore.zip to restore the original file

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
27th November 2013, 12:23 AM |#2548  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Just read it to the end: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2369

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, I got it restored and up again.
Just let you know/ posted that it didn't work for GT-I9505G (S4 GPE)... Thx again.
I'll be checking back here to see any new news.
27th November 2013, 12:38 AM |#2549  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
..Another feature idea
Hi @skvalex, one more quick thought .. it would be great to allow the user to move the in-call button during a call. A short tap pushes the button, maybe a long tap allows the user to drag it to another location.
27th November 2013, 04:48 AM |#2550  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 277

More
It is not working on t-mobile galaxy s3 T999 with official 4.3 rom. Anyone got it working on T999 with 4.3?
27th November 2013, 12:59 PM |#2551  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoib

Ok. So this bug should be considered by @skvalex because the main purpose / the whole point of this patch (mediaserver bin patch) is to make it work on Nexus 4. Whether or not using the earphone it should go through the same API to record.

I observed one more thing regarding above issue. If call gets connected without earphone and in the middle of call I plugin earphone, it records without any distortion!

Is there any way to fool system that earphone is unplugged and then set it to plugged? or it'll be great if skvalex can fix it..!

UPDATE:
I created a xposed module that fools the system.
callrecorder_headset_fix.apk[QRCODE]http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2424034&d=1385822531[/QRCODE]
The Following User Says Thank You to in.abhi9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift in.abhi9 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)