[HOW-TO]UNLOCK bootloader for X10

Search This thread

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
simply download the 7z archive from the_laser, then extract the whole archieve to a folder, go into this folder and don't move any file, simply run the batch file.

the semc bat is for x10i and x10a. But only if you haven't tried any simunlocking

the setool2 bat is for all those have simunlocked using the setool2

for those doesn't fit any of those two critericas, don't try to unlock bootloader

Regards,

L

hey Lukas, azuzus ftf file did not work for me so instead decided to flash 2.1, managed to then run qsd8250_semc.cmd sucessfully. what would be the next appropriate step cause ive im not havin luck here..? thanx

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
hey Lukas, azuzus ftf file did not work for me so instead decided to flash 2.1, managed to then run qsd8250_semc.cmd sucessfully. what would be the next appropriate step cause ive im not havin luck here..? thanx

if the cmd showed you no error, first boot up your phone without flashing any ck to see if the unlock process stops your rom working. If your phone boots up, I think you have succesfully unlocked your bootloader, to test this, flash with flashtool the official 2.3 and if this has succesfully finished disconnect usb cable and flash one of doomlords kernels. I would first try the stock kernel he made. This kernel roots your phone at kernel level and brings xrec integrated in the kernel. When xperia logo appears spam the back button to enter recovery and flash the wifi modules for the kernel and then reboot and let the phone booting up into os.

Hope it isn't too confusing what I'm writing here :/ :)

Regards,

L

hoskopico

Feb 15, 2011
Ok just trying to make sure i got this right. I dont need to have my simunlocked to unlock the bootloader? also once bootloader is unlocked there is no going back to locked bootloader?

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
if the cmd showed you no error, first boot up your phone without flashing any ck to see if the unlock process stops your rom working. If your phone boots up, I think you have succesfully unlocked your bootloader, to test this, flash with flashtool the official 2.3 and if this has succesfully finished disconnect usb cable and flash one of doomlords kernels. I would first try the stock kernel he made. This kernel roots your phone at kernel level and brings xrec integrated in the kernel. When xperia logo appears spam the back button to enter recovery and flash the wifi modules for the kernel and then reboot and let the phone booting up into os.

Hope it isn't too confusing what I'm writing here :/ :)

Regards,

L

nah explanations fine although the first bit goes fine with the 2.1 firmware and unlocking, the 2nd bit of using flashtool and upgrading to .71 baseband is where the problem starts. it installed fine but left me in a bootloop? :confused:

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 5a
nah explanations fine although the first bit goes fine with the 2.1 firmware and unlocking, the 2nd bit of using flashtool and upgrading to .71 baseband is where the problem starts. it installed fine but left me in a bootloop? :confused:

If you have gone the 2.1 route, then don't just flash back the .71 baseband. Flash the 2.3.3 firmware, reboot then flash either the stock patched kernel or the custom kernel both made by DooMLord.

Reactions: Mobzter

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
If you have gone the 2.1 route, then don't just flash back the .71 baseband. Flash the 2.3.3 firmware, reboot then flash either the stock patched kernel or the custom kernel both made by DooMLord.

i kinda just saw it now that it was firmware not baseband he said. my bad there.. hopefully this works for me now! fingers crossed!!

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK
I have done it.

Just flash 2.1 filmware with flashtool. Turn on debugging. Root it and run qsd8250_semc.cmd file. Make sure you close flashtool. After running, your phone turns off, wait and it will go on, press key again and wait again. your semc tool says succesfull ect and your done.

If you want to go back to you gingerbread rom. Install with flashtool Z xrecovery and wipe everything. also format system, data, cache. Do a full restore of your rom. ( offcourse make backup of your rom before doing this)

After reboot take of battery and back and flash latest kernel and baseband.

Done

peedee888

Feb 1, 2011
after pressing a key in cmd.exe, i get stuck in it saying..

Getting ROOT Rights.
*daemon not running. starting it now*
*daemon started successfully*

what am I doing wrong?=(

saad.abrar

Feb 1, 2011
Riyadh
wohooooo!! worked perfectly for me! :D
Followed the steps in the OP exactly...:D

BlueSparksBadge.png

Last edited:

pietropizzi

Aug 3, 2008
Vienna
@greg

at first strtup I also got SE logo, I then flashed Doom's stock kernel ftf and got the XPERIA logo. so sucess means SUCESS :)

@all (peedee)
The process after kernel downgrade is a very straightforward, unpaused one :)
the usb out --> power till vibrate --> usb in --> CMD start shouldnt take too long or the unlock-cmd won't recognize the X10 via adb
I had to try it twice from downgrading kernel again, then it worked

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
I tied that method and same problem for me. Phone will not connect with usb.

The only way that work for me is to flash 2.1 and root it.

i decided to follow your way as i was having no luck with the rest. i rooted it got xrecovery on it aswel but then what exactly did u do.. hope you can provide much detail as possible. cause ive been on this soo long that i decided just to flash my rom back.. can still see sony at beginning so take it my bootloaders locked again?

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
ohhh gys,

If you would EXACTLY make the steps I wrote, it should work.

I said, that you have to close flashtool, but not before flashtool recognizes the phone in any way, cause that means that adb is running then. If you try the batch file before flashtool is seeing the phone, the batchfile can't be succesfull, cause adb isn't running yet. So before you hit any button in the cmd file that the unlocking is starting, make sure flashtool has seen that there is a android phone connected, instead the unlocking can't succesfull^^

Regards,

L

peedee888

Feb 1, 2011
@pietropizzi
have been downgrading kernel for the Nth time and same process but still no luck. Guess I'll have to do it the harder way..

@robertberma
I'm left with no choice, starting to flash 2.1 now.. starting from scratch again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you aren't keeping your current device configuration (because of flashing another rom after unlocking bootloader or anything else) the simplest way to unlock is to flash stock 2.3.3 rom, root it and use the bl unlock plugin from latest flashtool

Hi guys, cause it was asked for, here is a how-to to unlock bootloader without reflashing a 2.1 firmware what means no need of reinstall your current rom after unlocking bootloader.

In the archive with the unlocking files take care about the following:

the semc bat is for x10i and x10a. But only if you haven't tried any simunlocking

the setool2 bat is for all those have simunlocked using the setool2

if you don't know it, or not sure about, have a look at the 2nd post, there you'll find a tool to test it.

for those doesn't fit any of those two critericas, don't try to unlock bootloader with this steps/files linked here

Things you need:

If you haven't all the listed things on your computer, then first downoad all neccessary files I have listed above before you go on with the guide how-to do it!!

Please make sure you have enabled usb-debugging in your current rom before starting with this!!

• flash the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
    • disconnect usb cable, press power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connect the usb cable again (it is supposed to be stuck at SE logo)
    • start the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts, it won't start unlocking until you press any button
    • now wait until flashtool recognizes your x10 (if flashtool doesn't do anything, check third post please! thx)
    • close flashtool and then press any button in the cmd window that the unlocking process starts (please close flashtool, instead the bl unlock cmd and flashtool are constantly killing and restarting adb!!)
    • after unlocking is finish you have to flash azuzu kernel upgrade
    • now power on phone to check if the phone is starting after the unlock (if you are using a custom kernel yet with the bypass method and get stuck in a bootloop enter xrecovery and clear dalvik-cache, then your phone should boot up again fine)

If you aren't seeing the se logo at turning on phone, but directly the custom kernel logo, you were succesfully. If you want to enter xrecovery you have to spam the back button now if the xperia logo appears instead of the se logo.

Credits:
    • the_laser - for the bootloader unlock files
    • azuzu - for Kernel up- and downgrade
    • whitefang3456 - for helping others with their problems

Regards,

L
    TOOLS

For testing if you are ready for unlocking bootloader or not, use this tool:

s1tool.7z

If you can find semc simlock certificate in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *semc.bat file
    If you can find anything with setool2 in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *setool2.bat file
    If you can't find any of these two and see instead s.th. like unknown simlock certificate or similar, you can not unlock your bl. In this case, first simunlock your bl with setool2, then check again with s1tool.

s1tool can also relock your bl if you want to make use of your warranty.

Regards,

L
    I did it this way and it was a HUGE success!! :D :)
    To sum up, this is exactly what I did:
    1. Flashed Kernel Downgrade in FlashTool
    2. Disconnected the phone, left FlashTool running.
    3. Ran the unlock cmd.
    4. Pushed Power Button, when I felt the vibration, I immediately connected to USB.
    5. At this point phone was of course stuck at SE bootlogo (2.1 kernel on 2.3 firmware). I waited for FlashTool to "see" the phone. Took a while because my PC (Win7) was looking for drivers. Once it was done, FlashTool saw the phone.
    6. Closed FlashTool and pressed enter on the cmd window.
    7. The phone restarted one time during the procedure (my heart skipped a beat, I admit) but in less than 1 minute, the cmd reported Success.
    8. Closed the cmd window and pulled the battery from the phone (was of course still stucked at SE boot logo).
    9. Ran FlashTool again, selected Flash, chose Kernel Upgrade and when it prompted, I put my X10 in flash mode and the procedure completed soon afterwards.
    10. I turned on the phone, started spamming Back button and entered xrec, wiped dalvik and cache (because I am on goro's kernel) just in case and then rebooted for the last time!!

Phone was up and running in about 5 minutes (due to the cache wiping, boot was sloooooow). Now everything is good! It was much easier than it sounds!

Thanks to the_laser and everyone else involved now and in the future! :)

Xperia X10i via Tapatalk
    Installing Flash-and adb drivers for x10 (!they where updated with the 2.3.3 update!)

1. open the drivers manager of your pc
    2. connect phone in flashmode (without running any program like flashtool, seus or pccp)
    3. check if there appears an unkown device, which wasn't there before (if not go on, if yes read under the line in this post further on)
    4. no unknown device? Good
    5. turn on phone and connect usb cable again and check again for unknown devices
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If there is an unknown device, download this archive (it contains the 2.3.3 adb and flash drivers)

1. In Flashmode is an unknown device: Go to the archive and install the ggsetup-2.2.0.11.exe file you find in there.

2. After turning on there is an unknown device: extract the archive and search with your pc's drivers manager manually in that folder for the drivers of the unkown device, then they should be installed.

3. Now check again like I described it above the line for unknown devices, if you can't see them now anymore, try again to unlock your bl.

Regards,

L
    flashed the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
    - OK no problem
    disconnected usb cable, pressed power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connected the usb cable again
    - Ok no problem
    started the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts
    - started? you mean "start"? how do you start the file meflash.dll?

I think something is missing?