[!]GPU Driver Update [Speed Up Your Graphics!]

Do you feel these drivers affect your battery life?

• Yes, significantly

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • Yes, somehow I guess

Votes: 92 28.1%
  • No, or not much

Votes: 114 34.9%
  • Definitely no

Votes: 60 18.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Maos_frias

Apr 22, 2012
Porto
enjoy the awesome fact that KitKat has been portet with incredible dedication and work to your i9001.

I know the impprtance of developers to i9001. Samsung has abandoned our Phone. But i didnt asked that, that is your oppinion. I want is to see is the diference about different kernels and roms to combine them and make my Phone better... Just that

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are the GPU drivers from Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150. By updating to these your graphics scores will rise significantly.

link to download the drivers: http://www.multiupload.com/4ZQF5F9AU0
    alternative download link. thanks to Rayiskon! http://www.mediafire.com/?z8f6djtrg9h82th

Installing:
    -extract the .rar file
    -place the file to /system/lib/egl
    -adb for advanced, root explorer works as well
    -reboot and benchmark ;)

Ok, installed new drivers.
    AnTuTu Benchamark results:
    ===================
    Before:
    2D Graphics: 278
    3D Graphics: 832
    Cpu Freq: 1,4GHz
    Total Score: 3209

After:
    2D Graphics: 285
    3D Graphics: 1161
    Total Score: 3602

Well, 3D performance improved in nearly 1.5 times, the test with knights with the old drivers had 30-35 fps, with new - 55-58 fps.
    Thanks a lot!

well i played NFS Hot Pursuit again today and guess what no battery drain, so im now trying to replicate the battery drain.

SO this GP{U driver is NOT responsible for my battery drain last night :)

This is not my work and all the credits go to a huge Chinese GT-I9001 community:
    bbs.gfan.com/android-3231123-1-1.html
    The new drivers work in cm10.1,just compiled it right now,although simply copying them will not do,changes need to be made in device-vendor-blobs.mk before compiling with the new drivers. cm10.1 still is a bit laggy (aroung 2 -5 %) because of the absence of the 4.2 kernel branch. but gaming performance seems to be a bit better.

regards
    doom
    I don't mind uploading it,but xistance has already pulled in my driver changes and committed to his git. but he is facing some problems with the new drivers. i think he will be able to build it today only,but if he does not,i'll talk to him and if we see it's cool,then i'll upload test build.

Why would it not be okay with me? Anyone at anytime and anywhere can upload anything they want when it comes to open source. I'm perfectly okay with it so don't worry ^_^. I'm going to upload my own build in 2~ hours.
    As much as I thank you but the one that is actually deserving of all this praise and respect is camcory.

Besides, you're the one that taught me how to build from source xD.

Thanks a lot though :).

yep,still remember cam. we helped each other out back when he was active on this forum.

and hell yeah,i remember the early pms and posts of yours in my threads about you running into build errors. lol :p

anyway,as soon as my build finishes i'll upload a test build,so that the peeps can try it out. :)

regards

edit- sorry guys facing compiling errors,build is a bit delayed
    I have created three different CMW flashable packages, of the gpu drivers
    two are of I8150 (stock and value pack) and one stock i9001