FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][For inactive devices]Ubersonic RC3 is HERE!!! (yes its ICS 4.0.4)

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 388

Post Reply Email Thread
Wambo_Bomb
25th March 2013, 09:36 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [ROM][For inactive devices]Ubersonic RC3 is HERE!!! (yes its ICS 4.0.4)
Android is NOT upgrading. You know, the very first time I read that on a different rom after clearing caches, I pulled the battery. It scared me to thinking it was like an upgrade and I was gonna lose my perfect settings. I looked it up and thought it was ridiculous and never understood why they made it seem so. At least on this rom, it's the truth.

evo
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free

31st March 2013, 09:37 PM |#202  
Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Any way to keep the Bluetooth on? After a restart or power off, Bluetooth is always off when the phone is fully booted.
2nd April 2013, 05:31 AM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can anyone post a mirror for RC3? Decided to dig up my OG Evo and wanted to try this but dropbox is giving me an error"

Quote:

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

[EDIT]

Looks like it's working now. Just downloaded.

[/EDIT]
3rd April 2013, 05:24 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Been running this rom and really love the idea, however battery life does seem to be not so great on this rom considering all the radio's are off.

My test: I own 2 HTC evo 4g's.

Evo1: CyanogenMod latest build. Using airplane mode I can hit 8 days of the phone being in standby but with WiFi on and connected. No music, just sitting.

Evo2: Ubersonic latest build. With everything, including WiFi I can get about 2 days standby. No music, just sitting.

So I swapped the roms on the phones thinking one had a bad battery. Same exact thing. Seems like something is really draining the battery life on this rom for some reason. Still looking into that but just wanted to post my findings.

Still loving this rom as its a great way to take an old evo and turn it into one hell of a Mp3 player.
4th April 2013, 01:47 AM |#205  
OP Senior Member
Flag Victoria, TX

Donate to Me
More
I had 20 days standby time haha I took a screenie before it died

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
4th April 2013, 01:48 AM |#206  
OP Senior Member
Flag Victoria, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskier11

Any way to keep the Bluetooth on? After a restart or power off, Bluetooth is always off when the phone is fully booted.

It keeps my setting after a reboot that's weird

The Following User Says Thank You to frickinjerms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frickinjerms Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 10:54 AM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxsi420

Been running this rom and really love the idea, however battery life does seem to be not so great on this rom considering all the radio's are off.

My test: I own 2 HTC evo 4g's.

Evo1: CyanogenMod latest build. Using airplane mode I can hit 8 days of the phone being in standby but with WiFi on and connected. No music, just sitting.

Evo2: Ubersonic latest build. With everything, including WiFi I can get about 2 days standby. No music, just sitting.

So I swapped the roms on the phones thinking one had a bad battery. Same exact thing. Seems like something is really draining the battery life on this rom for some reason. Still looking into that but just wanted to post my findings.

Still loving this rom as its a great way to take an old evo and turn it into one hell of a Mp3 player.

I'm not sure why but I didn't get very good battery on rc3 either. I thought it was just my setup and I didn't feel like finding out what was killing the battery.

I've been using Jellybean with this script http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1217038. Using Script Manager to have to run at startup. I've been getting a few days with fairly heavy usage, wifi on etc. I have an app that doesn't like airplane mode so this probably won't be necessary for most but it works good.
The Following User Says Thank You to pimpdout For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pimpdout Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 07:59 PM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickinjerms

I had 20 days standby time haha I took a screenie before it died

I've tried everything I can, can't hit more than 3 days max, and I barley hit 3 days. Just on standby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpdout

I'm not sure why but I didn't get very good battery on rc3 either. I thought it was just my setup and I didn't feel like finding out what was killing the battery.

I've been using Jellybean with this script http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1217038. Using Script Manager to have to run at startup. I've been getting a few days with fairly heavy usage, wifi on etc. I have an app that doesn't like airplane mode so this probably won't be necessary for most but it works good.

Glad I'm not the only one who has battery life issues. I'm going to give this a shot, thanks!
8th April 2013, 11:59 AM |#209  
Flag Mermaid Beach QLD
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Just want to say thanks for this.. I am going to use it as a remote control for my XMBC setup.. so mostly I am looking to use with the Yatse XBMC remote.. which is killer.

Also as a 2nd translator for when I am wine-ing and dining those lovely Chinese ladies that don't speak to much English.. as I can place it in their hands and let them write or type in their native language. (Me.. my Chinese is like my Indonesian,, enough to get around but hardly enough to keep a good conversation going.. )

By providing this Rom, you are helping us to save the planet (in a very small way)by using such a grand pc of tech for as long as the dam thing keeps going.. Which I got to say is a lot longer then the tinpot remotes that come with the Android Media box's/sticks out of China at the moment..

Cheers OP..
Grand Job in my books...

PS:Love that boot animation
Got to shut it down as going on a work trip..
but on the 3500 batt.. I am sitting on 5 days + 3 1/2 hours with 67% Batt left
39% idle
Wifi 30%
Screen on 23%
Android 7%
14th April 2013, 07:50 PM |#210  
Flag Liberty, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Was just wondering if this rom includes the hdmi mirror? Using the ogEvo as a media player as well. Always loved the hdmi mirror feature and looking for a new rom for it. Thanks in advance!
28th April 2013, 08:35 PM |#211  
Flag Toledo, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Audio *******V4A*******
I wanted to add my 2 cents and make a request for The Viper 4 Android audio modification to be added to your ROM here. I waited until the mod was ready and fully compatable, before I made this request. I use it and am blown away by the results. I think it would work very nicely with your project & I believe you will agree once you give it a go. I have tried a TON of sound mods, players, boosters, EQ's, etc. but none of them even come close to this one. The mod had two parts, FX & XHiFi. In short, FX has countless effects to apply to your devices audio, whereas the XHiFi restores the quality of audio that is lost in popular compressions like mp3. They can be used individually or together in a coexist setup. The convolver effect which is one of the main parts of the FX part of this mod takes sample effects that you choose and applies them to your devices audio. There are countless effects that can be tried with the convolver part alone! The other half of the mod, the XHiFi's main effect is the Audio Reconstruct feature. This tool helps rebuild music files from a lossy source such as mp3! Anyway, enough of the info-mercial. I am NOT affiliated nor am I attempting to spam this great thread. I just think that your project for inactive devices, that you have built into a pretty awesome multi-media tool, could very much benefit from the audio mod I'm talking about. Heres the link, check out. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
I hope you enjoy it!!!
Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to rydog66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rydog66 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
time to wipe off the dust

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)