[ROM]Stock Motoblur 2.3.6 rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, optimized[xt860]CWM

Search This thread

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Thank you! So, I flash it via recovery, using RDS, right?

No. Rsdlite is used for fastboot flashing. Fastboot flashing returns you phone to stock by flashing all the partitions on your device. This is a rom which is just /system. A rom is flashed with clockwork mod recovery, aka CWM or CWR(same thing). In order to use CWM you need to have a bootstrap or some kind. I recommend using safestrap. Please note that this is a stock rom. If you have never flashed anything before you are already on a stock rom. Depending on what android version you are running you may already be on 2.3.6. If you are on a lower version flashing this may improve battery life and speed, but will appear the same as what youhave. Depending o what country/carrier youare on there may be minor differences. I would recommend before you flash anything you get on google and research roms, flashing, clockworkmod recovery, and read through some of the threads in this forum to learn more about what you are doing so you don't screw your phone up

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

Reactions: lewrydiboys

lewrydiboys

Aug 13, 2009
brasilia
Thank you. I have Safestrap installed. Actually, this is my 4th rom. I installed it as soon as I had finished downloading. When I saw that there wasn't any xml file, I assumed that it should be done by safestrap. Everything looks the same, though.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
It's a stock ROM, just rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, and optimized...as the name says. The only difference you may see is faster performance and better battery life. If you go /system/app, you won't see any files ending in .odex. This won't look strange if you hadn't paid attention before (there's no real reason to do so...), so it really won't look any different.

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
It's a stock ROM, just rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, and optimized...as the name says. The only difference you may see is faster performance and better battery life. If you go /system/app, you won't see any files ending in .odex. This won't look strange if you hadn't paid attention before (there's no real reason to do so...), so it really won't look any different.

There are minor differences between different carriers stock roms. Boot animation, stock wallpaper, etc.

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
Good feedback thanks guys.

As i'm on a xt862, I don't use VW services as I live in AUS GSM/3G, quick questions - worked out safestrap with preinstall on SD card works well.

Rephrase... referring to firmware / kernel update for the actual 860 ota 2.3.6, does the camera take videos with "continuous" Auto Focus or the touch to focus as in the latest VW update 5.7.894 (garbage in my opinion)?

This obviously doesn't come with the kernel/firmware updates.

-smc

Last edited:

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA

Visually no, however if is currently 2.3.4 and flashs the 2.3.6 he'll probably notice improved battery and speed

Yeah...see above. :p

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario

Indeed, I released it as stock as possible with bell users in mind. I can flash this and walk into any bell store and get full support and as long as I keep a copy on my sdcard I can flash as I'm walking into the store. Also it's so easy for users to mod and strip this themselves it seems to make more sense to stay as stock as possible and let the users choose to mod. I'm actually suprised that this hasn't been stripped, themed and re-released as another rom, was hoping it would have happened by now (and I wouldn't have to do it myself lol). So I released it as a stock rom hoping to also provide a ready to go rom base for anyone who wants it.

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Indeed, I released it as stock as possible with bell users in mind. I can flash this and walk into any bell store and get full support and as long as I keep a copy on my sdcard I can flash as I'm walking into the store. Also it's so easy for users to mod and strip this themselves it seems to make more sense to stay as stock as possible and let the users choose to mod. I'm actually suprised that this hasn't been stripped, themed and re-released as another rom, was hoping it would have happened by now (and I wouldn't have to do it myself lol). So I released it as a stock rom hoping to also provide a ready to go rom base for anyone who wants it.

As long as they don't reboot it in store. Safestrap might e a give away you've modded your phone :p however if you removed safestrap and superuser you should be golden

On a side note it would be nice to see some roms being developed FOR the xt860, instead of having to fix d3 roms to work for us(not that its hard thanks to you)

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
As long as they don't reboot it in store. Safestrap might e a give away you've modded your phone :p however if you removed safestrap and superuser you should be golden

On a side note it would be nice to see some roms being developed FOR the xt860, instead of having to fix d3 roms to work for us(not that its hard thanks to you)

Well, you might want to remove safestrap or even better flash it to your main system with D3Bootstrap and you don't even have to remove the custom recovery. Personally I don't even bother, I've had reps at the bell store reboot my phone and sit there watching the cm wheel spin, they're easy enough to convince that the splash screen they're looking at was downloaded from market and the only time it might really matter is when they're sending your phone back to moto, who may charge you to repair altered software

Last edited:

boazal

Dec 19, 2011
OnePlus 9
This is based on the newest bell update (to 2.3.6) though this rom has been reported with "minimal" tweaking(copying a compatible libmoto_ril.so and your original build.prop is nothing for a fix) by users of models other than the xt860. As the topic says it's been rooted, deodexed, zipaliged, optimized w/xUltiimate both apps and framework OFC. I've flashed this zip to /system(non-safestrap) and /preinstall (safestrap) and had only a minor hiccup of having the setup launch twice on me once, I rebooted and wiped and the problem was gone. I left everything in the rom for complete stock, you could return the phone if you unrooted and removed the custom recovery minus the voice search which I replaced with an older version as stock was fcing, just update it with market and it will work great. You get the H/H+ symbol on the bar etc. You can debloat/whatever this before you flash with winrar, explorer, winzip, 7zip etc. I hope you find it useful. Hope I haven't forgotten anything.

I take no responsibility for you bricking your phone if you flash this, know where your recovery utilities are ahead of time.

I uploaded it as stock bell as possible since we're so short on bell sbf etc but hope to also provide a ready to go rom base for anyone who wants it.

Download it Here

Ty syaoran12 for the super sweet looking and informative installer script and matdalb for the system dumps used to create the zip.
(As well as Hashcode, Koush, everyone who's done any developement on this phone or any other droid platform ofc, the people here on and the hosts of xda)

User reported this working on xt883, trying to sort out details but it looks like flashing the radio.img from your model specific sbf package and then copying over the libmoto_ril.so and build.prop was what worked for the user here

is any possibility to get a download link? (not rapidshare)

boazal

Dec 19, 2011
OnePlus 9

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
@ dvet not if your using safestrap, boot into the safestrap and wipe/flash it instead, if you're using cwm recovery then i'd suggest to use rommanager to reboot into recovery to flash the zip manually.

@ boazal the link is still working for me, just click the green download, try from a different browser.

-smc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on the newest bell update (to 2.3.6) though this rom has been reported with "minimal" tweaking(copying a compatible libmoto_ril.so and your original build.prop is nothing for a fix) by users of models other than the xt860. As the topic says it's been rooted, deodexed, zipaliged, optimized w/xUltiimate both apps and framework OFC. I've flashed this zip to /system(non-safestrap) and /preinstall (safestrap) and had only a minor hiccup of having the setup launch twice on me once, I rebooted and wiped and the problem was gone. I left everything in the rom for complete stock, you could return the phone if you unrooted and removed the custom recovery minus the voice search which I replaced with an older version as stock was fcing, just update it with market and it will work great. You get the H/H+ symbol on the bar etc. You can debloat/whatever this before you flash with winrar, explorer, winzip, 7zip etc. I hope you find it useful. Hope I haven't forgotten anything.

I take no responsibility for you bricking your phone if you flash this, know where your recovery utilities are ahead of time.

I uploaded it as stock bell as possible since we're so short on bell sbf etc but hope to also provide a ready to go rom base for anyone who wants it.

Download it Here

Mirror Quoted Below

http://db.tt/8ugHaraJ

Ty syaoran12 for the super sweet looking and informative installer script and matdalb for the system dumps used to create the zip.
    (As well as Hashcode, Koush, everyone who's done any developement on this phone or any other droid platform ofc, the people here on and the hosts of xda)

User reported this working on xt883, trying to sort out details but it looks like flashing the radio.img from your model specific sbf package and then copying over the libmoto_ril.so and build.prop was what worked for the user here
    thanks i appreciate it, one thing i noticed on physical keyboard arrow keys are opposite of what they should be... hmm any ideas?

The alt key mapping and d-pad for xt860 and 862 seem to be different. I often have that problem, I just replace /system/use/keychars and /system/use/keylayout with those from a rom with the correct mapping.

For SafeStrap 3.0.5
    Bell 2.3.6 Optimized.safestrap.zip http://d-h.st/VqbX
    Size: 176.77 MB (185353482 bytes)
    Md5: e32de709655074aeadee2d9862ae24c7

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

added SD3_4800/system/etc/rootfs folder to Bell 2.3.6 Optimized.zip/system/etc/
    to make safestrap compatible
    well i look into this, and the problem is the framework-res.apk heres the fix flash this, it was the eri.xml in xml folder i flashed your tweaked bell redsox985, with the libmoto_ril.so from 905, and also flashed somemadcaaant's build prop, and i had the same problem then i flashed my framework fix and no more roaming indicator , :)
    also go edit the system version in build prop so you won't get no annoying update

http://min.us/mbiajsfH6T#1o