Wait for keyboard case?

Search This thread

Luda305

May 25, 2011
If you guys are looking to buy a bluetooth keyboard I'm selling one here in the marketplace. It's the logitech bluetooth keyboard for Android. Check out my topics to see my thread on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: ky0nkyon

qpqpqp

Jun 26, 2011
$10. I'm sure it will be quality. If you want a laugh, read some of the 5-star reviews. I always think it's funny that these chinese companies don't just hire a couple of translators rather than just using babelfish...

(BTW - just to be clear: I have this case. It's one of the several that I tried before settling on the logitech for android keyboard. I still have it because it came directly from China and I couldn't reasonably return it. Don't be fooled; It's absolute garbage. Even if it was moderately good quality (it's not) the keys are tiny and either don't work or they stick; the case comes apart quickly, and there's nothing to stop the tablet from coming out the sides. Really. This is pure garbage. If you can you should cancel).

Darn i was hoping to get one of these.

ldrn

Apr 23, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Blackberry makes this for the Playbook, and it pairs with an ipad -- maybe it would work with an android tablet, too? (Very expensive compared to some other options though.)
http://store.shopblackberry.com/Product/BlackBerryMiniKeyboardwithConvertibleCase/ACC-41616-001

This isn't a case, but is quite nice for a nearly full-sized keyboard that (barely) fits in a pocket, or easily fits a coat pocket:
http://www.amazon.com/Stowaway-Ultra-Slim-Bluetooth-Blackberry-Handhelds/dp/B0002OKCXE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
I still have the dell-branded version of this from my ancient X50v, and it works well with my phone, so I imagine it would work well

MancUK

Mar 17, 2012
Manchester
I ordered the Logitech Android Bluetooth Keyboard. I got it off of ebay for around $30 shipped (refurb). I'm sort of dubious that a keyboard that could fit into a case would also be a keyboard that would benefit typing over and above an onscreen keyboard.

Read the reviews on that Amazon page, they're pretty great. I think the logitech keyboard is small enough to be always in my bag, but big enough to give me a significant jump in my ability to type things if/when I'm in a note taking station.

I have the iPad version of that keyboard & it's brilliant. It also works on laptops without the functionality of the iOS buttons which apart from the home button I never used. I expect it'll work ok on the Nexus too, I hope. I'm not arsed about the iOS or Android specific bottons. I'll report back to let you know if it works as it was only £30 from Argos (UK), I've seen the Android version on Amazon for a staggering £87 :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I know Asus announced that they won't be making a keyboard case for the Nexus 7, but do you think that a decent third party keybard case will be released? Because otherwise I'm currently shopping for Bluetooth keyboards for the Nexus 7 on amazon, and I'm looking at the amazonbasics bt keyboard.

It's 10.4 in wide which seems like less than other bt keyboards on amazon, which seem to be like 12in. I don't want something that's reaaaaaly tiny, which will be an issue for me if there is gonna be a keyboard case, because the Nexus 7 itself is something like 7.7 in wide, and that would seem awkward having a longer keyboard than the tablet itself.

What do you recommend? Wait it out, or just pick up any bt keyboard?

Thanks,

aaalso, I don't know if this is standard or anything, but can you connect more than one bt device at a time to the Nexus 7?
    What do you think of the Zagg flex keyboard?

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggkeys-flex-tablet-keyboard-stand.php

Looks like a nice lightweight keyboard option. I know it doesn't give a laptop effect like you would get with a keyboardcase or transformer dock but portability was one of the main selling points of the Nexus 7 for me so I think I would go this option. maybe get a separate case maybe not. also it's cheaper from amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-FOLZKFLE...UTF8&colid=1FXTT02DWHXTB&coliid=IEBVJVY46SSS8
    If you guys are looking to buy a bluetooth keyboard I'm selling one here in the marketplace. It's the logitech bluetooth keyboard for Android. Check out my topics to see my thread on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium