[ROM] MIUI.us v4 Full Toolbox v2.8.10 [8-12-2012]

Search This thread

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
^.^

OK, found themes in your zip files and moved to miui/theme. I do not see the one you have posted screens of, which one is it.?
Only thing I noticed is memory usage seems high, always in 468 to 478 in red.
This is from OP "Now with moar Weather widget (look for sexy weather lockscreen in here)" where?
Thanks again for great work and keeping us up to date.:highfive:

first, go to market and install 9s weather... i wont put it in as it is readily available from there...
open it and choose your city and then set farenheit(if you so desire) in the options

There should be no more chinese chars on it...
inOOxLJcX03IQ1.gif

Then install the attachment here:

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
I also noticed high ram usage, so i had to use supercharger option 6. Also single signal bar isn't working. Photos attached..
ae54e957-7eef-9499.jpg
ae54e957-7ef8-df16.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

1. i have not been able to get the signal bars working on this build (altho you will get a white 3g text if it has signal, unless your theme isnt white, then it will be a bolder or lighter text, depending)
2. some theme changes do not show up unless you either drag down the notification bar, or in some cases, reboot the phone...

and compared to the 2.7.27 the ram usage is insane... i would either supercharge it, or go with nyan kernel... i chose samurai simply because it did not shanghai your recovery (i have had 80% success with the restore-cwm, so i didnt want to leave you pickled)
Performance wise, i like the nyan v5 with supercharger (experimental) i have gotten fantastic battery with that combo (i screenshotted it in the 2.7.27 post)

Reactions: omair2005

kennysvgp08

Oct 15, 2011
Going out on A limb here. Does SMS split work for the stock messaging app? Or only for a third party app?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
1. i have not been able to get the signal bars working on this build (altho you will get a white 3g text if it has signal, unless your theme isnt white, then it will be a bolder or lighter text, depending)
2. some theme changes do not show up unless you either drag down the notification bar, or in some cases, reboot the phone...

and compared to the 2.7.27 the ram usage is insane... i would either supercharge it, or go with nyan kernel... i chose samurai simply because it did not shanghai your recovery (i have had 80% success with the restore-cwm, so i didnt want to leave you pickled)
Performance wise, i like the nyan v5 with supercharger (experimental) i have gotten fantastic battery with that combo (i screenshotted it in the 2.7.27 post)

Could be a memory leak somewhere

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
Where, oh where, did you get that gorgeous clock in the second post?

Ultimate Custom Clock Widget
Its the Mass Effect Clock

Ill attach it to this in a sec...

RENAME IT TO: masseffect.uzip (cant attach a uzip file)

I added a hotspot to trigger the clock app when you poke the time...

Attachments

• masseffect_uzip.zip
    35.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: darkierawr

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
I believe you may be right, I suspect its in the kernel... when i was on nyan, i did not have this... i will try to brew a new build with the newer cm9 kernel and see whats what....

Thanks. I lost browser icon from the dock bar when I added another icon. How do I get it back. I tried to install again and it won't

umby24

Mar 14, 2011
umby.d3s.co
The MD5 posted in the OP is incorrect.. downloaded 3 seperate times. It still flashes under CWM though..
Refuses to flash under TWRP.

MD5 I get is 0c0b1edf714009b03c650d6028b9f5bd

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
Thanks. I lost browser icon from the dock bar when I added another icon. How do I get it back. I tried to install again and it won't

Well, just realized doing so I ended up with Another toolbox folder as well that can not remove it either. And I see there is App ICON for Screen Security with Chinese label. That can not be removed either.
Which other Nyan Kernel can be installed on top of this to replace included one? I can not run some apps because of memory issue.

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
Well, just realized doing so I ended up with Another toolbox folder as well that can not remove it either. And I see there is App ICON for Screen Security with Chinese label. That can not be removed either.
Which other Nyan Kernel can be installed on top of this to replace included one? I can not run some apps because of memory issue.

im currently exploring some solutions, but in the meantime
[I recommend the NO VOODOO kernel] (i use the voodoo one, but you will get the green flash until you play with the gamma):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595289

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
new build is up....

I have posted a new download in OP...

Many new build.prop fixes, themes properly linked, some other battery fixes...

Please go with that if you are having any issues...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good day everyone, I present you with MIUI.US v4 Version 2.8.10

victory.png
    miuiuslogo.png
    victory.png

First things first:
    AGAIN, Please be sure to thank ALL of the following Devs for their efforts on getting this rom to the point it is now:
    Thanks to Marcusant for getting this to boot right and Darkierawr for getting messaging transport to function correctly!
    Special thanks to Scott951, BigRushDog, |0xD34D|, Blind, RLasalle15, xboxfanj, Jafterdark, Death259, Darkierawr and many more!!

MIUI.us 2.8.10 Full Change Log: 2.8.10 Change Log

OTHER INFORMATION:
    I have added support for CRICKET and a few others...

There have been a lot of changes to miui, so please read through the release notes...

**** FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR IT, HERE IS THE LINK FOR MIUI 2.3.23 https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec1vlk1ici19g8m/MIUI.us_victory_2.3.23_4.0_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip ***
    *** [MIRROR 1] ****

YOU WILL NO LONGER NEED GOOGLE APPS PACKAGE:
    But here is the link just in case...
    http://goo.im/miui/gapps/

***New build should be MUCH faster, faster overall data, and the keylights should STAY on while screen is on now***

[8-12-2012]NEW FULL BUILD - Themes corrected, MANY build.prop fixes and some minor fw fixes...
    Yes, the download is 250mb... a small selection of themes, etc are in there...
    [8-12-2012]NEW MD5: 7d1a2c4944cb86dd164b8ccc2b62d2dd
    http://marcusant.com/android/epic/miui/miui.us_VICTORY_2.8.10_DarkLichNY_b2.zip

Winblows users: Test MD5 with WinMD5 Get it here: http://www.winmd5.com/
    Linux Users, if you don't have a hashcheck addon, i recommend: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=100703

Flash the attachment below if you get the "Verizon Wireless" crap... new build is uploading with that in it already...

*** I have added a few themes ***

Featuring a NEW "Joker" boot animation [Dark Knight]

Installation Instructions (IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON MIUI 2.7.27):
    1. FLASH THE ZIP
    2. BOOT UP

Installation Instructions (IF YOU ARE NOT ON MIUI 2.7.27):
    1. YOU MUST FLASH 2.3.23 FIRST AND ESTABLISH A DATA CONNECTION (SHOULD CONNECT WITHIN 5 MINUTES)
    2. THEN INSTALL THIS BUILD (IT WILL CLEAR CACHE AND DALVIK FOR YOU)

POST-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    3. YOU MUST OPEN THE SUPERUSER APP AND ENABLE ALLOW AS THE AUTOMATIC RESPONSE
    4. THEN GO INTO PERMISSION MANAGER AND CLICK MANAGE ROOT PERMISSION AND TURN ON THE CHECKBOX
    5. THEN CLICK MANAGE APP PERMISSIONS AND TURN ON THE CHECKBOX...
    6. RUN WITH IT

*** NEW KERNEL ***

What works:
    Keyboard backlight now working as intended
    Soft keys light up correctly
    Lockscreen music works correctly (Play, Pause, Previous/Next track, etc..)
    Proper reboot menu (Normal, Recovery, Hot Boot)
    Toolbox is working (you can switch to single signal bar, etc...
    3G working from fresh install correctly, AND METERS SHOULD SHOW IT, SINGLE METER FROM TOOLBOX
    GPS working
    SMS is working...
    Now with moar Weather widget (look for sexy weather lockscreen in here)

NOTE: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT KNOW THIS ALREADY, PRESS AND HOLD HOME FOR THE TASK MANAGER APP, FROM HERE YOU CAN WIPE APPS FROM MEMORY, ETC WITHOUT ADDING ANY OTHER APPS FROM THE MARKET TO DO SO (ALSO NOTICE THE NEW VERSION OF THE APP OF YOU KNOW THIS ALREADY)

What DOESN'T work:
    MIUI Updater causes FCs...
    4G CHANGES ARE IN, BUT STILL FCs I WILL LOOK INTO IT
    [looking into kernel fixes that may fix this...]

[SCREENSHOTS ADDED I CAP THEM IN SECOND POST]

PLEASE RATE IT IF YOU LIKE IT =D

[SOURCE ROM]
    This Rom is built from the miui.us FASCINATE rom...

I did not give proper kernel credit:
    This rom uses Samurai Akita
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1589762
    I'm having to take some time to work on my health again... i was in a bad car accident in 2008 in which i fractured 3 vertebrae in my neck, dislocated one and herniated 2 discs... ive been having burning down my left arm (pinky and thumb) since the accident but it has gotten progressively worse... now im getting burning in both of my ankles and the soles of my feet... now im back in phys therapy.... which i dont mind because i get an awesome massage by the 2 girls there...

i highly recommend being massaged by 2 pretty girls at the same time, if that doesn't make you feel good and smile, nothing will...

anyhow... i will not be working on any updates for the next 2 weeks... I know there are a lot of folks hoping for it, but i just wont be able too until i get cleared by my quacks, er, doctors.... =D

whatever happens, i hope you all are good and take care of yourselves... things can happen at any time to change your perspective...
    THX for your continued work on MIUI for us !

I try my best... sorry for the hiccups, but its still a learning process for me....
    Its fun when the helper apps behave... =D
    Beta - not usable as daily...

For those who are curious to see what its like:

Kernel source is from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1741978
    I am using Darkjje's 0808 build of cm10...

The miui source is from miuiandroid (some parts dont work with our dinosaur, or are not formatted properly, they needed some beating, dont ask)

This is MiuiAndroid 2.8.17[Base Jellybean 4.1.1]
    Codename: UglyDuckling...

NOTE: You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE CALLS OR SEND SMS WITH THIS

This is a weird install so READ THIS FIRST...

...BACKUP YOUR WORKING ROM......BACKUP YOUR WORKING ROM...BACKUP YOUR WORKING ROM...

WIPE DATA/ FACTORY RESET [If you do not, you will get FCs like you have never seen]

Pay attention to the install here,
    • it WILL reboot the phone during the install and replace your recovery with the new cwm recovery...
    • YOU WILL NEED TO PREVENT THE PHONE FULLY BOOTING HERE ON THIS REBOOT...
    • I hold my fingers in the 3-finger-salute during the install and then press them down as soon as it goes black
    • as soon as you are into the NEW recovery, flash the rom again...
    • You should now see [Install from sdcard complete.] at the bottom and the options at the top
    • Reboot and connect to your wifi (or you cant do jack with this...)
    • Run the Play store and add your google account...
    • INSTALL SUPERSU, or this will suck...
    • YOUTUBE WONT WORK YET (network error, i may have a hacked youtube for this, but i have to test it first)

Download here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vawv98enau02ubm

Screenie with the Angry Birds Theme attached...

Again... this will not be a viable DAILY DRIVER...
    I'm just wondering... and feel free to link me to an answer... why is it that 4G worked on the earlier builds of MIUI but doesn't now? Not complaining- just wondering.

The 4G requires a compatible kernel, a few binaries, and some framework edits...
    For JB it is taking more time because the internal hooks for 4G have apparently changed... so the same "fix" that worked for ICS does not work with JB... the edits are already in
    It will take some time to find the proper setup...
    Every new release seems to really love bumping previous parts around... makes it more fun i suppose...