Quickcharge 2.0 Chargers

Search This thread

ashypanda

Oct 7, 2012
oxford
HTC are not going to unlock quick charge 2.0. Due to the fact that the battery can't be replaced. Longevity of the battery is comprised with QC 2.0[emoji22]

if motorola using it for the nexus 6 and that has a non-removeable battery, i don't shouldn't see any issue with HTC not enabling it unless they want to use it as a feature for their 2015 devices.

MoDriouch

Feb 22, 2012
After my HTC charger didn't work anymore I went to the store to buy new charger. Couldn't find a HTC, so I bought a 2ah Samsung charger. +1400/+1600 maH most of the time. After a while when battery is getting full (I'm guessing 80%+) I'm getting +500/+800 mah

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One_M8 met Tapatalk

Reactions: GalaxyNotesTx

gjlowe

Oct 7, 2008
I have the Motorola Turbo Charger. I think it does charge faster, but I don't see that 15 minutes from 0-80% that it claims to be able to do, so I don't think HTC has enabled it yet.

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
That's not what Qualcomm (who invented the technology) promised. Please read this carefully

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2014/06/04/quick-charge-20-has-arrived

*"In laboratory tests using a 3300mAh battery, a Quick Charge 2.0 enabled device went from 0% to 60% charge in 30 minutes, while a device without Quick Charge 2.0 using a conventional (5 volt, 1 amp) charger achieved just a 12% gain in the same 30 minutes."

Ah, and when they mean "conventional", they are talking about chargers without Quick Charge 1.0, which is what the normal htc one m8 charger already has.

Last edited:
Reactions: weedolo9y

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
That's not what Qualcomm (who invented the technology) promised. Please read this carefully

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2014/06/04/quick-charge-20-has-arrived

*"In laboratory tests using a 3300mAh battery, a Quick Charge 2.0 enabled device went from 0% to 60% charge in 30 minutes, while a device without Quick Charge 2.0 using a conventional (5 volt, 1 amp) charger achieved just a 12% gain in the same 30 minutes."

Ah, and when they mean "conventional", they are talking about chargers without Quick Charge 1.0, which is what the normal htc one m8 charger already has.

With my 5v 2a tab charger. I get to 60% in 55 min ....that 2.0 is fast!!!! :) :) :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

james0908

Jun 18, 2013
@Badelhas : Hey man I remember your name from another forum comment I saw on a totally different site about Quick Charge. There was one guy there that was advertising his company's product saying that it supported quick charge 2.0. I dug a little deeper into the issue and since his company was based in Taiwan, where I am, it was easier. Long story short his product may not yet be on the Qualcomm website list but according to UL Taipei who does the QC testing, the product is safe to use and indeed charge very very fast. I tested in my M8 and from empty to full took about 1 hour 15 min maybe 1 hour 30min. It slows down towards the end for safety reasons I'm assuming. It does make the phone a little warm but i am using a hard Spigen Slim Armor case so your mileage might vary.

Google PTEC Taiwan. Though since it's not yet commercially released, they might not ship globally.

I actually made another completely different thread about how my Nexus 7 charger and cable causes a slow Charging notification on the M8. Weird since it's 2A. Lab testing was standard 1A, 12% in 30 min

Sent from my HTC_M8x using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Badelhas

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
@Badelhas : Hey man I remember your name from another forum comment I saw on a totally different site about Quick Charge. There was one guy there that was advertising his company's product saying that it supported quick charge 2.0. I dug a little deeper into the issue and since his company was based in Taiwan, where I am, it was easier. Long story short his product may not yet be on the Qualcomm website list but according to UL Taipei who does the QC testing, the product is safe to use and indeed charge very very fast. I tested in my M8 and from empty to full took about 1 hour 15 min maybe 1 hour 30min. It slows down towards the end for safety reasons I'm assuming. It does make the phone a little warm but i am using a hard Spigen Slim Armor case so your mileage might vary.

Google PTEC Taiwan. Though since it's not yet commercially released, they might not ship globally.

I actually made another completely different thread about how my Nexus 7 charger and cable causes a slow Charging notification on the M8. Weird since it's 2A. Lab testing was standard 1A, 12% in 30 min

Nice to hear that, thanks :) how much did it cost? I have a friend who is in Taiwan and is coming back in a few days, where can he buy me one?

Last edited:
Reactions: james0908

james0908

Jun 18, 2013
Nice to hear that, thanks :) how much did it cost? I have a friend who is in Taiwan and is coming back in a few days, where can he buy me one?

It was 500+50 NTD for postage. He posted it to me so head over to the website and it's under the contact info. Guys name is Weland so I think it's weland@ptec.com.tw. Not 100% sure.

Reactions: Badelhas

james0908

Jun 18, 2013
What I don't understand is why HTC doesn't launch their own quick-charge 2.0 charger... :(

Apparently coming soon, with all the other manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon, I can't imagine HTC not doing it.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Until he provides a source, I'm not buying it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I contacted UL directly, the company responsible for testing the chargers, they claimed that this Quick Charge functionality was already built into the hardware and that the charger just needs to send the right signal to the hardware to enable faster charging. As for shortening the lifespan, the phone will always only take what it needs so I highly doubt it. They aren't gonna tell me everything but long story short, the chargers are safe to use. Plus, I don't know about others but I don't use the quick charger every time, only when I'm in a rush.

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Until he provides a source, I'm not buying it.

Me either. The technology was created made with a decreasing voltage and everything, so it doesn't affect the longevity of the battery
Apparently coming soon, with all the other manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon, I can't imagine HTC not doing it.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

I contacted UL directly, the company responsible for testing the chargers, they claimed that this Quick Charge functionality was already built into the hardware and that the charger just needs to send the right signal to the hardware to enable faster charging. As for shortening the lifespan, the phone will always only take what it needs so I highly doubt it. They aren't gonna tell me everything but long story short, the chargers are safe to use. Plus, I don't know about others but I don't use the quick charger every time, only when I'm in a rush.

What do you mean by "apparently"? Do you have a source of some kind?
Until there is an European version (we have different wall plugs) I won't buy one. But I would rather buy the official htc charger. They were one of the first to use Qualcomm technology and they promised to launch one on 2014, now they are the last to say anything about it...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Am I the only one who checks for quick charge on the oficial HTC page. Because they finally released their QC 2.0 charger and its named HTC Rapid Charger 2.0
    Would like to see the mA flow during the first 10 percent of battery, can you post that please?

Cheers

The mA seems to fluctuate quite drastically it seems.
    NS4Pc2R.jpg

dUthymv.jpg

wtkQ56B.jpg

ZcAmqN7.jpg

EDIT
    I changed charger cables with the new one and wow did that make an even bigger difference!
    szgCcTC.jpg

3mfJLos.jpg

yeOF3oK.jpg
    Where did you order from mate?

https://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-category/power.html

The car charger was out of stock last week.....back in now! They also have a QC 2.0 wall charger....but the car one is more a necessity for me.

Use coupon PURE25 on discount for 25% off...saw it on another thread and it still works!
    3 chargers down, 2 to go...here's the rundown so far...
    Here are the Screenshots of data and graphs.
    Ambient temps were 67 to 71 degrees per my thermostat.
    When reading this, please keep in mind, the amperage stats are Usage, not the amount actually being supplied by the charger!!
    Note: I'm on 4.4.2, not unlocked, no OTA installed. Wifi Off. Bluetooth on. NFC on. GPS on. Auto Brightness (screen off whole time though). Didn't think to check signal strength.

For those that want the Conclusions only:
    Charger: Stock HTC One M8 Charger (QC 1.0, 1.68A? forget...don't have with me)
    1% to 100% charge
    Time: 3 Hours 43 Minutes
    Peak Usage Amperage: 822 mA
    Average High Usage Amperage: 750 - 800 mA
    Peak Temp: 78.4°F (89° from usage before charging to drive battery dead)

Charger: Motorola Turbo Charger (QC 2.0)
    1% to 100% charge
    Time: 1 Hour 56 Minutes
    Peak Usage Amperage: 2870 mA
    Average High Usage Amperage: 2700-2850 mA
    Peak Temp: 114.2°F
    If you look at the data, you can see that it applies a high power charge, then reduces it, presumably to allow the battery to come down

Charger: Anker Dual Port, 18W Charger. "Apple" Port (2.1A)
    1% to 100% charge
    Time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
    Peak Usage Amperage: 1433 mA
    Average High Usage Amperage: 1250 - 1390 mA
    Peak Temp: 89.9°F

Still have a Samsung (Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition) charger and the other port (1.5A) of the Anker charger to test.
    I use the Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 car charger. I went from 9% to 100% in 1 hour and 20 minutes
    It went to 80% in about an hour. The highest temperature it reach was 33.5 C and that is only with the music playing .

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk