FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+/Win/RPi][v2.4.1] SoundSeeder - Synced Music Playback (Jan 21st)

228 posts
Thanks Meter: 229

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: SoundSeeder V2.4.1 released. Improved performance, bugfixes and new localizations
3rd November 2015, 08:26 AM |#351  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris11ferret

I have had this happen to me as well on both my Note 3 and Moto X 2014. I open Soundseeder and go to Google Music section. Tapping on the three dot menu icon, I tap Update Tracks, where the Importing data notification pops up. Once I hit OK, another pop up appears for 1-3 seconds saying Importing music and once it disappears the app becomes unresponsive and no music has been downloaded.

This issue is fixed in v.1.6.0. Thanks for testing Chris
3rd November 2015, 12:59 PM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi jekatt, thanks for the nice release!
Do you have a recommendation which USB soundcard to choose?

I'd like to connect my a chromecast audio to my soundseeder player to stream spotify to multiple speakers in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Hello again!

I've just uploaded SoundSeeder v1.6.0 to google play and xda. It brings many bugfixes and improvements and adds support for the internal microphone and USB soundcards.

SoundSeeder android usb audio

Microphone support
Soundseeder is now able to record the input of the internal microphone, to stream it to all your connected speakers.
(To avoid audio feedbacks, you should turn off the speaker of the SoundSeeder Player device, while using the microphone.)

USB-Audio support
SoundSeeder now also supports the Android host mode for audio on compatible Android devices*.
If your device supports USB-Audio accessory, you can use soundseeder to stream external audio sources via the line-in (AUX) port of a connected USB soundcard.

*USB host mode needs to be supported by your hardware. USB-Audio is officially supported since Android 5.0 and proprietary supported by some vendors since Android 4.1. We have successfully tested soundseeder with soundcards based on the “C-Media” audio chipset.
Especially users of Nexus devices should see the article Record and play back audio using USB host mode for more information.

Full release notes:
- Microphone & line in (AUX) support
- USB soundcard support (“USB host for audio” required)
- Android M support
- Improved connection handling
- Google Music import fixed
- UI and usability improved
- Bugfixes

As always: please let me know what you think about the new features and report all issues you notice.

Greets
Jens

3rd November 2015, 07:08 PM |#353  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
supported usb devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Hi jekatt, thanks for the nice release!
Do you have a recommendation which USB soundcard to choose?

I'd like to connect my a chromecast audio to my soundseeder player to stream spotify to multiple speakers in my house.

The implementation is based on the native usb audio support of android.
Googles statement about supported audio devices is: "Android host mode for audio supports most USB audio class compliant or "driverless" accessories."

In detail:
Code:
Host mode

Android 5.0 (API level 21) and above supports a subset of USB audio class 1 (UAC1) features:

The Android device must act as host
The audio format must be PCM (interface type I)
The bit depth must be 16-bits, 24-bits, or 32-bits where 24 bits of useful audio 
data are left-justified within the most significant bits of the 32-bit word
The sample rate must be either 48, 44.1, 32, 24, 22.05, 16, 12, 11.025, or 8 kHz
The channel count must be 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo)
Perusal of the Android framework source code may show additional code 
beyond the minimum needed to support these features. But this code has 
not been validated, so more advanced features are not yet claimed.

Accessory mode

Android 4.1 (API level 16) added limited support for audio playback to the
host. While in accessory mode, Android automatically routes its audio 
output to USB. That is, the Android device serves as a data source to the 
host, for example a dock.
Source: http://source.android.com/devices/audio/usb.html
4th November 2015, 04:48 PM |#354  

More
Quote:

The implementation is based on the native usb audio support of android.
Googles statement about supported audio devices is: "Android host mode for audio supports most USB audio class compliant or "driverless" accessories."

Great, thank you. There are lots of "driverless" usb soundcards available with good ratings for less than 10$.
Mine is already ordered. I'll write a short review when its working.
5th November 2015, 04:01 PM |#355  

More
Amazing app guys.
I've been looking for these features for a long time.
You deserve much more attention...
8th November 2015, 03:53 AM |#356  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bluetooth support
Tried this nice app and its working good, some issues i had when devices are connected to deferent accesspoints a delay starts and i couldnt select a delay value less than 10 or 20, also bluetooth connected devices cant play sound from sound seed, hope a future plan is considered.
8th November 2015, 06:53 PM |#357  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

This issue is fixed in v.1.6.0. Thanks for testing Chris

Not an issue, let me know if you need anymore help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris11ferret For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chris11ferret Ad-Free
9th November 2015, 08:39 AM |#358  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsramahi

Tried this nice app and its working good, some issues i had when devices are connected to deferent accesspoints a delay starts and i couldnt select a delay value less than 10 or 20, also bluetooth connected devices cant play sound from sound seed, hope a future plan is considered.

Hi wsramahi.
The range to adjust the offset (delay) of the playback is -400ms to 400ms. Can you explain what exactly doesn't work when you try to set the offset?

And bluetooth speakers should work, but they add an additional variable delay to the playback. So its quite hard to get them in sync...
10th November 2015, 10:38 PM |#359  

More
Hello.
I noticed an issue. When saving my song queue as playlist, it misses some titles after loading the playlist again.
The affected titles contain some special characters like: é

greets bruno
11th November 2015, 11:54 AM |#360  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBorneo

Hello.
I noticed an issue. When saving my song queue as playlist, it misses some titles after loading the playlist again.
The affected titles contain some special characters like: é

Thank you. I fixed it, please wait for the next release...
11th November 2015, 02:59 PM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi wsramahi.
The range to adjust the offset (delay) of the playback is -400ms to 400ms. Can you explain what exactly doesn't work when you try to set the offset?

And bluetooth speakers should work, but they add an additional variable delay to the playback. So its quite hard to get them in sync...

The delay offset slider is incremented with +-10, my case i had was something between 0 & 10 for an accurate sound timing which i couldn't have.

I have samsung tab s2 8inch, and when im using soundseeder without bluetooth its working until i connect a Bluetooth device, the player keeps playing but no sound is transferred to the connected device on the streamer device (tab s2)

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)