AcDisplay on LCD screen

Search This thread

thelegendofzeth

Jan 28, 2014
And how Active mode drains battery?

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

Active Mode just stands there for turning on the screen with proximity sensor. When with Lockcreen Mode on, works like Moto X. I really do not have an big battery drain and used AcDisplay since it's first beta with Moto G.

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
andrux-and-me.blogspot.com
Moto G
Moto E

Active mode listens to device captors, so it may use some battery.
About LCD, you should search for extensive explanation about the technology and its pros/cons against Amoled :) (too long ton simply explain here) :)
In short :
LCD = 1 backlight (neon like cold cathode) for the whole screen (always ON even if a single pixel on the screen is not black)
Amoles= 1 led light per pixel (ON only if a pixel is not black, and OFF if it is black: only non black pixel uses juice)

Reactions: K3VYNC

K3VYNC

Oct 19, 2013
São João de Meriti
About LCD, you should search for extensive explanation about the technology and its pros/cons against Amoled :) (too long ton simply explain here) :)
In short :
LCD = 1 backlight (neon like cold cathode) for the whole screen (always ON even if a single pixel on the screen is not black)
Amoles= 1 led light per pixel (ON only if a pixel is not black, and OFF if it is black: only non black pixel uses juice)

So, it's the same thing for battery? (Black wallpaper and colorful wallpaper)

ReOmbra

Jan 9, 2014
So, it's the same thing for battery? (Black wallpaper and colorful wallpaper)

the are many sites that explain the difference betwenn amoled to lcd
in all likelihood yes.
Only someone tell that if you use white screen in a lcd ips can save more energy beacuse the pixel consume less power. this because to change/obscure the color of the pixel need more energy an lcd screen.
howewer the saving is imperceptible .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does AcDisplay drain battery on black background?
    Why?
    (LCD screen)
    Yes (in Active display = always on) since on LCD that's the while background that has a backlight and not only non-black pixels (contrary to amoled)
    Using AcDisplay app by @AChep doesn't drain if Active mode isn't enabled :)
    So black wallpaper doesn't drain battery (?)

AcDisplay itself doesn't drain battery THAT battery at all.

In short :