[ROM] Unwatermarked, Official, Hero

Search This thread

computermik3

May 22, 2009
you shold really look into a newer faster hero i used this one when i got my g1 months ago the new updated roms run way better

jubeh

Mar 15, 2009
you shold really look into a newer faster hero i used this one when i got my g1 months ago the new updated roms run way better

Newer, maybe, faster... err. I don't think so.
This is possibly the fastest version of hero avaialble, but it was a beta, so it's not without it's problems (many, many things are broken).
Usually in software development the development part goes on to add new features, not make things faster (except making it fast enough so that it's not frustrating). For example, the 1.0 release of Android was the fastest, godly fast.
I personally used this hero (with my own special sauce) often up until my special eclair sauce.
On top of that, I'm not exactly in accordance to what the community now considers "standard" features.
If you cross-check all hero-based roms, actually, all ports, they all follow the exact same flawed formula, I think the best executions of mods/ports here are done by cyanogen and enomther, but everything else is exactly the same rough, error/breakage-prone executions copied over and over from rom to rom.