[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 10.1 (01/05/13)

Search This thread

markadan

Dec 11, 2007
Fremont
Hi

Couple of questions:

1) I am also trying to build CM for my p6800. So all we have to do is to take the below lines and change them to point to "The Muppets" github?

<project name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800" path="device/samsung/p6800" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project name="ohanar/android_hardware_atheros_wlan" path="hardware/atheros/wlan" remote="github" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210" remote="github" />

2) How do we get the proprietary blobs? Do I just flash the latest version of CM 10.1 for the p6800 and just run the extract_files.sh to pull them off of the CM rom that I flashed previously

I would use the device trees on alanorth's github instead, he keeps his better up to date most of the time (since I'm in school most of the time and have very little free time).

Are you using https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung?

Reactions: jay_993

jay_993

Nov 27, 2010
Hi

Couple of questions:

1) I am also trying to build CM for my p6800. So all we have to do is to take the below lines and change them to point to "The Muppets" github?

<project name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800" path="device/samsung/p6800" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project name="ohanar/android_hardware_atheros_wlan" path="hardware/atheros/wlan" remote="github" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210" remote="github" />

2) How do we get the proprietary blobs? Do I just flash the latest version of CM 10.1 for the p6800 and just run the extract_files.sh to pull them off of the CM rom that I flashed previously

Hope you get a decent reply

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

markadan

Dec 11, 2007
Fremont
Cannot access TheMuppets

Hi

I am getting an error trying to get smdk4210-tab from the muppets repository. This is what I have in my manifest.xml

<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/smdk4210-tab" path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab" remote="github" />

and this is the error

TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/smdk4210-tab is not a valid repository name

I don't see why I am getting an error. Do I need some kind of special permission. I did create an account on github.com. I thought that would be enough.

Hope you get a decent reply

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

markadan

Dec 11, 2007
Fremont
Hi

I was able to figure out the issue. I can now build android for p6800. I pointed repo to use allanorth's github as suggested by locerra. I have learned a lot of where things are and why so it was good to struggle with it. Now all I have to do is to flash my newly cooked rom on the p6800 and see how it goes. Thanks again to locerra for his suggestions

Mark

Hi

I am getting an error trying to get smdk4210-tab from the muppets repository. This is what I have in my manifest.xml

<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/smdk4210-tab" path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab" remote="github" />

and this is the error

TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/smdk4210-tab is not a valid repository name

I don't see why I am getting an error. Do I need some kind of special permission. I did create an account on github.com. I thought that would be enough.

jchenny

Oct 25, 2008
I am using the latest version on P6810, and the wifi draining issue is still there...is this ever going to be solved....

Jcyber777

Dec 1, 2011
Works pretty good so far on my p6810 but I found a little bug: Daydream clock stacks each number on another so you can't read it :S
maybe it can be fixed? But great work so far!
6t6g8q2j.jpg

sry no idea how to make the picture smaller :/

Last edited:

markadan

Dec 11, 2007
Fremont
Ok. Now comes to the bad news. When I installed my newly cooked rom, the tab failed to boot up. I get stuck at the Samsung boot logo. Given that I'm a newbie to all of this, how do I go about trying to debug where everything went to hell? Thanks again in advance and patience.

Hi

I was able to figure out the issue. I can now build android for p6800. I pointed repo to use allanorth's github as suggested by locerra. I have learned a lot of where things are and why so it was good to struggle with it. Now all I have to do is to flash my newly cooked rom on the p6800 and see how it goes. Thanks again to locerra for his suggestions

Mark

dainese01

May 11, 2010
Sydney
Dear All,

I am getting occasional, very random soft reboots. No warning, nothing unusual in activity when it does restart. Any tips for diagnosis?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 10.1 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stabilize CM10.1. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • CM10.1 is in a primitive state, many features are still missing or don't work
    • bluetooth doesn't work
    • audio: dock audio doesn't work
    • hwcomposer: HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • wifi: won't connect to hidden ssids
    • wifi: will only connect to 5GHz networks when immediately adjacent to the router
    • i815: ambient light sensor doesn't work (no autobrightness)
    • i815: no IR-Blaster support (I have no intention of fixing this)
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, and make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework. There are some storage differences with Jellybean 4.2, so beware when switching between Jellybean 4.2 and earlier versions of android.

Changelog
    • 01/05/13
      • i815: GPS should be fixed
      • Wifi should no longer disconnect immediately upon sleep
    • 12/25/12
      • i815: CMDA and LTE should work without having to fiddle with settings (still need to be on the LP10 baseband)
      • p68x0: GPS should be fixed (can't currently test)
      • mic should be fixed
      • some camera fixes/improvements
    • 12/18/12 (from CM10)
      • i815: CDMA and LTE work (make sure to update the baseband to LP10, if you're still having issues see here)
      • Completely new Wifi driver -- please test and report back
      • Completely new libaudio (now opensource)
      • Completely new gralloc + hwcomposer (also now opensource)
    Credits
    • teamhacksung -- adding the necessary exynos4 and audio fixes to the CM tree, they deserve a huge thanks this time around
    New Builds

OP updated, enjoy :).
    i confirm that on my p6800, it's not your i815 only.
    the phone app forced to go to landscaped mode, and then i can take the call, and then call ends and the app crash the audio, and freeze the whole device. and i've to reboot the whole device. and sometimes it reboots by itself.
    even if i cancelled the call, it crashed audio and freeze the whole device :S
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now voice search doesn't work .. it starts with the word initializing then stops and doesn't beep to take any voice from me .. and tells me failed retry.
    I believe these are all issues with the mic, which just completely and totally crashes audio if you try to use it.
    also quadrant benchmark shows it has score 2627 where the score is 3800 on the Stock ICS.
    Functionality before performance.

There is small bug in 24h clock font on lockscreen. I have used 160 dpi as lcd.density parameter.
    Not a bug, no way to make this work for both 213dpi and 160dpi, so 160dpi is not supported.
    Yesterday i install the last version on my p6810, and the problem with wifi continues. When i lock, wifi disconect always. Solution will be known whether future versions?
    Assuming this is the issue that when you turn off the tablet, wifi immediately disconnects, then the next build should have this fixed.
    Ok folks.
    I have some great news to share.
    All the talk about dpi settings etc made me see if something that's on my phone would work on this ROM. It does!
    At a minimum it lets you change dpi per app like PA does.
    Here's the info and the download.
    It's called xposed installer.

xposed installer

You also need the apk for 'app settings' and to activate it as a 'module'

Then you go into it, pic the app (say Google Play)
    change the dpi (say 160 f), resolution 800X1280 and check 'tablet' and now Play is set at 160dpi tablet mode.

I'm just now starting to play with this new framework/app but it looks really cool.

Also tweakbox