DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.20 [Windows/Mac/Linux]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

helloterence

Dec 31, 2011
Will this work on the latest OTA 9.16.6? I know the previous version did not and I have been waiting to root my phone. If yes, do I simply do options 6, then 5, and my choice of either 3/4?

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Will this work on the latest OTA 9.16.6? I know the previous version did not and I have been waiting to root my phone. If yes, do I simply do options 6, then 5, and my choice of either 3/4?

Yes it will work. The unlock requires root so use Motochopper first to root :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
took all of 10 minutes to be stock then be re-downloading all my apps on AOKP, great work man!!

sent on the fly from my RAZR HD

strike3

Oct 22, 2010
I'm so glad I found the original Droid Razr HD Utility. I almost downloaded a rip off utility copied from you by a guy named after an illness that people "shake" from. Begins with a P if you know who I mean.

I love my Razr HD. iPhone 5 and S3 didn't work out for me. Poor WiFi performance. I like the idea of a TWRP so I can make a full backup to my SD card.

Reactions: moonsbabe

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Matt,

First, let me say thanks for all your amazing work developing this phone and for the two utilites (I am very grateful for 1.10 and looking forward to using 1.20).

Before I jump into the utility, I want to (as briefly as possible) explain my situation (and now looking back, ask a ton of questions): I have 4.1.1, rooted, and have performed the Wireless Hotspot hack procedure. I am unable to take the 4.1.2 update (most likely due to my hacking of the hotspot app, though I may have done something else that I don't remember). Will I be able to use this utility to upgrade to 4.1.2? And unlock my bootloader? And keep (or re-do) my hotspot hack? What is the correct order for me? I'm thinking since I am rooted, I unlock the bootloader, then install 4.1.2, correct? Does this keep my root intact, or do I need to use VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper to unroot prior to performing the 4.1.2 update in the utility, then re-root?

Finally, is there a way to copy and save my currently installed apps (and pics, etc) so I don't have to re-install them all? Is this the function of Titanium Backup, or is there a different/easier way to do it?

Thanks again!

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Matt,

First, let me say thanks for all your amazing work developing this phone and for the two utilites (I am very grateful for 1.10 and looking forward to using 1.20).

Before I jump into the utility, I want to (as briefly as possible) explain my situation (and now looking back, ask a ton of questions): I have 4.1.1, rooted, and have performed the Wireless Hotspot hack procedure. I am unable to take the 4.1.2 update (most likely due to my hacking of the hotspot app, though I may have done something else that I don't remember). Will I be able to use this utility to upgrade to 4.1.2? And unlock my bootloader? And keep (or re-do) my hotspot hack? What is the correct order for me? I'm thinking since I am rooted, I unlock the bootloader, then install 4.1.2, correct? Does this keep my root intact, or do I need to use VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper to unroot prior to performing the 4.1.2 update in the utility, then re-root?

Finally, is there a way to copy and save my currently installed apps (and pics, etc) so I don't have to re-install them all? Is this the function of Titanium Backup, or is there a different/easier way to do it?

Thanks again!
Unlock your bootloader before you try to do anything, it's the best safeguard to have.

You can go to 4.1.2 with it from 4.1.1 yes.

This is not a rootkeeping utility. If you unlock you can always flash a root.zip like Superuser.zip, SuperSu.zip, etc. in CWM or TWRP to root. You don't need Voodoo anymore.

Backups is up to you. Titanium Works AFAIK.

I think I got all the questions hidden in that blob of text, hopefully ;)

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Matt!

- I've unlocked the bootloader this morning and it worked perfectly (have to find the program in the forum to change the "bootloader unlocked" startup screen now, but I digress).

- After installing 4.1.2 I can always re-root using the utility I'm guessing, yes?

- Will the utility install 4.1.2 and replace a "modified" 4.1.1, or do I have to have a "stock" 4.1.1 ROM for the 4.1.2 to work? By "modified" I mean deleted apps, reconfigured SQLite Edited hotspot app, etc... I only ask since I cannot get the 4.1.2 OTA to install as my phone is currently, and was wondering if it was known if I would run into the same problem using the Utility 1.20. Or if this is the reason for the creation of the Utility 1.20...

- If I have to be stock and the 4.1.2 won't work as my phone is currently, I am thinking I could use the Utility 1.10 to go back to 4.0.4, then up to stock 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 from there (or straight to 4.1.2 from 4.0.4 if possible), then re-delete and re-hack the apps I want to delete and hack (if that all makes sense).

Another blob of text, hopefully broken down a little bit better for you ;)

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Thanks Matt!

- I've unlocked the bootloader this morning and it worked perfectly (have to find the program in the forum to change the "bootloader unlocked" startup screen now, but I digress).

- After installing 4.1.2 I can always re-root using the utility I'm guessing, yes? Yes... but it's better to flash SuperSu.zip through CWM or TWRP because no doubt in the next update the Motochopper exploit will be patched.

- Will the utility install 4.1.2 and replace a "modified" 4.1.1, or do I have to have a "stock" 4.1.1 ROM for the 4.1.2 to work? By "modified" I mean deleted apps, reconfigured SQLite Edited hotspot app, etc... I only ask since I cannot get the 4.1.2 OTA to install as my phone is currently, and was wondering if it was known if I would run into the same problem using the Utility 1.20. Or if this is the reason for the creation of the Utility 1.20...This Utility will install 4.1.2 using the FXZ files. You won't need to OTA, this brings you there.

- If I have to be stock and the 4.1.2 won't work as my phone is currently, I am thinking I could use the Utility 1.10 to go back to 4.0.4, then up to stock 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 from there (or straight to 4.1.2 from 4.0.4 if possible), then re-delete and re-hack the apps I want to delete and hack (if that all makes sense). I don't understand why you don't just go directly to 4.1.2 using this ;)

Another blob of text, hopefully broken down a little bit better for you ;)

Hope I helped...

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Hi Matt,

Ok, so I attempted using the utility to run options 1 and 2. No dice. Option 1 looked like the below attachment. Ran in AP Fastboot, USB debugging enabled. Tried twice, once rooted, once not, same outcome. Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 289

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
Im on 4.1.1 everything working fine I just want to get to 4.1.2 is this the best way to do it or is there an easier way? I am unlocked and rooted if I use the utility it will put me on 4.1.2 still unlocked I will have to get a recovery and root correct? It wont unlock me?

aagha

Oct 10, 2010
I selected option 5 and tried to do the Motochopper root exploit. Though the exploit in the console showed as successful, when I rebooted and run Root Checker Pro, I see the issues below.

I was on 4.1.1 w/ root, got 4.1.2, which broke root. Per the above, Motochopper showed as working, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Any suggestions?

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Super User Applications Status:
Superuser application - version 3.1.3 - is installed!
SuperSU application - version 1.25 - is installed!

System File Properties for Root Access:
Standard Location
Check Command: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
Result: ---sr---wt root root 91980 2013-04-28 00:36 su
Analysis: Setuid attribute present and root user ownership present. Root access is correctly configured for this file! Executing this file can grant root access!

Alternative Location
Check Command: ls -l /sbin/su:
Result: /sbin/su: Permission denied
Analysis: File system permissions restricted and denied access.

Alternative Location
Check Command: ls -l /system/xbin/sudo:
Result: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/sudo does not exist.

Standard Location
Check Command: ls -l /system/bin/su:
Result: -rwxr-xr-x root shell 380532 2013-01-11 13:48 su
Analysis: Setuid attribute NOT present BUT root user ownership is present. Root access is NOT correctly configured for this file!

Root User ID and Group ID Status:
SU binary not found or not operating properly

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

ADB Shell Default User:
ADB shell setting for standard access, stored in default.prop, is configured as: shell (non root) user - ro.secure=1

Results provided on your DROID RAZR HD device by Root Checker Pro version 1.3.1 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/NcnHn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts