AT&T 4.4.2 OTAPkg.zip [Updated to Sense 6]

Search This thread

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
I flashed the RUU file to get 3.17.502.3 but now I can't enter recovery mode, the phone just gets stuck showing the red triangle....
I thought that flashing the RUU file in the OP I would not have any problems, I already tried to wipe the cache with fastboot.

Any ideas???

I'm pretty sure that red triangle is stock recovery. You need to press Vol-up + Power to bring up the recovery menu.

Reactions: clsA

Qubee

Dec 22, 2011
need help!

i just flashed the RUU_M7_UL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Cingular_US_3.17.502.3_Radio_4A.19.3263.13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2 ...
got on 4,3 jellybean with sense 5!
i want to get updated to kitkat with sense6!
my hboot 1.55.0000 ..
its RE-LOCKED and s-off!
my cid is CWS__001
i have a sense6 ota.zip pushed to my internal memory already!
problem is .. i cannot find no stock recovery to flash that zip!
i tried to flash stock recovery couple of times but it says .... failed remote something like that ...

please help!

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
i just flashed the RUU_M7_UL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Cingular_US_3.17.502.3_Radio_4A.19.3263.13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2 ...
got on 4,3 jellybean with sense 5!
i want to get updated to kitkat with sense6!
my hboot 1.55.0000 ..
its RE-LOCKED and s-off!
my cid is CWS__001
i have a sense6 ota.zip pushed to my internal memory already!
problem is .. i cannot find no stock recovery to flash that zip!
i tried to flash stock recovery couple of times but it says .... failed remote something like that ...

please help!

If you successfully flashed the RUU and didn't make any other changes after that than you should already have stock recovery installed. It's part of the RUU. If you're on the AT&T network, just go into Settings > AT&T Software Updates and have it check for updates. It will run through the process automatically. If you're not and need to flash the OTA package manually, enter Recovery mode either via adb or HBOOT, then hold Vol-up and press Power. This should bring up the stock recovery menu where you can install the update.

If you believe you don't have stock recovery installed and can't find a download of it, download the decrypted version of that RUU from here. Open the archive and extract the recovery_signed.img. You can then flash this via fastboot. Since you're S-OFF, you can use this decrypted RUU.zip instead of the exe if you ever need to RUU again.

Last edited:

Qubee

Dec 22, 2011
If you successfully flashed the RUU and didn't make any other changes after that than you should already have stock recovery installed. It's part of the RUU. If you're on the AT&T network, just go into Settings > AT&T Software Updates and have it check for updates. It will run through the process automatically. If you're not and need to flash the OTA package manually, enter Recovery mode either via adb or HBOOT, then hold Vol-up and press Power. This should bring up the stock recovery menu where you can install the update.

If you believe you don't have stock recovery installed and can't find a download of it, download the decrypted version of that RUU from here. Open the archive and extract the recovery_signed.img. You can then flash this via fastboot. Since you're S-OFF, you can use this decrypted RUU.zip to instead of the exe if you ever need to RUU again.

going to recovery mode was a success .. but when i tried to install the ATT_SENSE6_OTA.zip ... in the recovery it said ..
assert failed file_getprop("/system/build.prop" , "ro.build".ser/release-keys" || blaaah ...

installation aborted! :/

Last edited:

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
going to recovery mode was a success .. but when i tried to install the ATT_SENSE6_OTA.zip ... in the recovery it said ..
assert failed file_getprop("/system/build.prop" , "ro.build".ser/release-keys" || blaaah ...

installation aborted! :/

I'm not positive on this, but you may not be able to go directly from JB4.3/Sense5.5 to KK4.4.2/Sense6. There was an OTA between that that took the phone to KK4.4.2/Sense5.5. You probably have to flash that one first. Then flash the Sense 6 OTA. The link for that is in the OP.

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
If unlocked bootloader via htcdev you will also need the pre-load folder reinstalled to flash or take an ota,ive never had to relock to flash an ota from stock recovery,so I would say thats one reason its not flashing

Last edited:

JMB2772

Mar 27, 2014
So I'm a bit stuck right now. I've had the 4.18.502.7 firmware on my phone, but then I installed some ROMs with Sense 6 on them. After numerous attempts to S-Off, I ran a 4.18.502.7 RUU.exe to get back to stock. I was Relocked and my tampered flag was gone. Then, here's where things got kind of interesting.

I checked for a software update, and I had one. I didn't pay attention to what update it was, but I think it was 4.4.2/6.0 (I'm currently on 4.4.2/5.5 so I don't think there's anything in between). I then downloaded the update, but didn't apply it yet. While I had the update downloaded, I wanted to go into the recovery to see what things looked like. I got in, and I had the phone with the green arrows, I believe this shows up when the phone is updating. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I was trying to get out of the recovery by rebooting. I think it rebooted like three times back into the green arrows screen, before I got it to start back up into Android. Still on 4.4.2/5.5.

So then I went to check for updates, and it said I had no available updates, and it told me to wait 24 hours. I figured after those 24 hours, the update would be back and I could install it. Now, 24 hours later, when I hit "check for software update", nothing at all happens, except a notification that says "Device management is running". I've cleared the Google Services Framework data, force stopped it, rebooted plenty of times, I've done fastboot erase cache... I have no idea what to do next. I have the normal red triangle recovery now. Can I apply an OTA from this thread? Do I need to do anything else? I can post a getvar all if needed. Ideally I'd like to squash this bug that's preventing me from getting the OTA, and update just as I would normally.

Edit: So this is interesting. I tapped "check for updates" a few times and nothing happened. A few minutes later, I turned on airplane mode, and it says "The software download has been paused because the Wi-Fi connection has been lost. The download will resume when Wi-Fi connection is regained." So i turned off airplane mode, and... nothing. I have no indication that I'm getting a software update downloaded, anywhere on my phone.

Edit 2: So I turned on airplane mode, Force stopped, cleared data, and disabled HTC DM, force stopped and cleared data for google services framework, re-enabled them, checked for updates, and now it says I have no update and to check in 24 hours. So what do I need to do now? I just want a stock phone that will receive OTAs.

Edit 3: So my OS version in my bootloader is 4.20.502.1... Very confused now.

Edit 4: Reflashed 4.18.502.7 using the RUU.exe, checked for updates, it said none were available and to wait 24 hours.

Last edited:

S.Reno9

May 5, 2011
Edit 4: Reflashed 4.18.502.7 using the RUU.exe, checked for updates, it said none were available and to wait 24 hours.

One quick trick to get around the 24 hour thing, turn off auto date and time and then set your date ahead one day, then check for the update. Keep going a day ahead until it finally finds the update, also try checking while on wifi, as well as not on wifi....

infg3570

Mar 4, 2010
If unlocked bootloader via htcdev you will also need the pre-load folder reinstalled to flash or take an ota,ive never had to relock to flash an ota from stock recovery,so I would say thats one reason its not flashing

I think this is exactly what I may have been experiencing (pulling my hair the hell out!!!). Where/how can I get this pre-load folder reinstalled?

TIA,

infg3570

infg3570

Mar 4, 2010
Ruu back to stock before trying to update

Thanks cIsA - I used to think that I was technical, but not so much any more :p

I finally got it down to the AT&T RUU4.3. Thanks again. Now, I'm trying to update via OTA, so I have the bootloader "relocked" as it says in hboot.
When I tried to OTA, it said that I'm up to date and I know that's incorrect. Then, I realized that I still have CWM recovery on there when I should probably have stock. I tried going into the RUU zip to get the recovery_signed.img file, but when I tried to flash, it failed. Is that because it's signed and my phone is locked? If so, can you point me to a recovery img file that I can flash to continue with the OTA?

many thanks, good sir!

infg3570

S.Reno9

May 5, 2011
Thanks cIsA - I used to think that I was technical, but not so much any more :p

I finally got it down to the AT&T RUU4.3. Thanks again. Now, I'm trying to update via OTA, so I have the bootloader "relocked" as it says in hboot.
When I tried to OTA, it said that I'm up to date and I know that's incorrect. Then, I realized that I still have CWM recovery on there when I should probably have stock. I tried going into the RUU zip to get the recovery_signed.img file, but when I tried to flash, it failed. Is that because it's signed and my phone is locked? If so, can you point me to a recovery img file that I can flash to continue with the OTA?

many thanks, good sir!

infg3570

Just a quick question, Did you flash Cwm recovery after you ran the ruu? Because the ruu gets everything back to stock, including the stock recovery. In either case, running he RUU again would get you back to stock recovery, then check for update.

infg3570

Mar 4, 2010
Just a quick question, Did you flash Cwm recovery after you ran the ruu? Because the ruu gets everything back to stock, including the stock recovery. In either case, running he RUU again would get you back to stock recovery, then check for update.

You're absolutely right... I just assumed because I didn't get the OTA that I the custom recovery and the unlock were the issues. I relocked and still didn't get the OTA (never checked til now regarding recovery). The recovery is stock. Going to try advancing the date so that it will check again.

infg3570

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

You're absolutely right... I just assumed because I didn't get the OTA that I the custom recovery and the unlock were the issues. I relocked and still didn't get the OTA (never checked til now regarding recovery). The recovery is stock. Going to try advancing the date so that it will check again.

infg3570

Just doesn't seem to be working :/

S.Reno9

May 5, 2011
[/COLOR]

Just doesn't seem to be working :/

hmm...I have had it take about 5 or 6 checks before it finally finds the update. Did you try turning off wifi and just use cell network to check for the update? I've had that work before, and then once it finds it, turn back on wifi to download it.

I guess if you get desperate could always manually flash the update that the OP posted in this thread.
EDIT: Although if you go the manual route, might want to flash the first kitkat update, before the most recent one.

Last edited:

infg3570

Mar 4, 2010
hmm...I have had it take about 5 or 6 checks before it finally finds the update. Did you try turning off wifi and just use cell network to check for the update? I've had that work before, and then once it finds it, turn back on wifi to download it.

I guess if you get desperate could always manually flash the update that the OP posted in this thread.
EDIT: Although if you go the manual route, but want to flash the first kitkat update, before the most recent one.

Still no luck. I had really messed up my phone before and after some deep soul searching and landing on this thread, I finally was able to RUU back to 4.3 and it worked. I'm currently s-off and "relocked". Still trying and no luck yet. Ultimately, I want it purely back to stock and able to receive updates. Can I under the current conditions?

S.Reno9

May 5, 2011
Still no luck. I had really messed up my phone before and after some deep soul searching and landing on this thread, I finally was able to RUU back to 4.3 and it worked. I'm currently s-off and "relocked". Still trying and no luck yet. Ultimately, I want it purely back to stock and able to receive updates. Can I under the current conditions?

Technically yes, once you ran the RUU there is no reason for it not to be able to receive updates.
It could just be a temporary problem on AT&T's side of things.

infg3570

Mar 4, 2010
Okay thank you - I'll perhaps try the OP route (may be that will set the situation straight)
I don't get it... Thought i've followed all to the letter. I'm still stuck on 4.3. All the while trying to get an update, it tells me that my phone is already up to date (whether on wifi or LTE). Then, I tried going the 4.4.2 route using flashing that recovery. The recovery flash worked but the OTA file refuses to flash.

The only thing i did notice is if I go into recovery, I see 5 attempts to mount the SD card and "Cannot mound SD Card. (No such file or directory)"

Could this be the issue why it's miserably failing?

Edit: to answer my own question, my wife's recovery says the same. She's on the latest with Sense 6 :/

Last edited:

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
I don't get it... Thought i've followed all to the letter. I'm still stuck on 4.3. All the while trying to get an update, it tells me that my phone is already up to date (whether on wifi or LTE). Then, I tried going the 4.4.2 route using flashing that recovery. The recovery flash worked but the OTA file refuses to flash.

The only thing i did notice is if I go into recovery, I see 5 attempts to mount the SD card and "Cannot mound SD Card. (No such file or directory)"

Could this be the issue why it's miserably failing?

Edit: to answer my own question, my wife's recovery says the same. She's on the latest with Sense 6 :/

First off, you have a AT&T device but are you actually on AT&T's network? I may be wrong, but I don't think you'd receive OTA's if you've sim unlocked & are using it on a different network.

If you're on 4.3 from the RUU, I believe you need to flash both the OTAs that are linked to in the OP, in the proper order. First you need the OTA that will bring the phone to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5, which is here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407573841. Try flashing that from stock recovery. If that is successful, then you should be able to flash the OTA that will bring the phone up to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 6, http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358542441.

If the first OTA package still won't flash, try running the 4.4.2 RUU, http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...09_10.26.1718.01L_release_356565_signed_2.exe. This will put the phone at 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5. Then you'll only need the OTA for Sense 6.

Reactions: S.Reno9

infg3570

Mar 4, 2010
First off, you have a AT&T device but are you actually on AT&T's network? I may be wrong, but I don't think you'd receive OTA's if you've sim unlocked & are using it on a different network.

If you're on 4.3 from the RUU, I believe you need to flash both the OTAs that are linked to in the OP, in the proper order. First you need the OTA that will bring the phone to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5, which is here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407573841. Try flashing that from stock recovery. If that is successful, then you should be able to flash the OTA that will bring the phone up to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 6, http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358542441.

If the first OTA package still won't flash, try running the 4.4.2 RUU, http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...09_10.26.1718.01L_release_356565_signed_2.exe. This will put the phone at 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5. Then you'll only need the OTA for Sense 6.

Yah, I'm on At&t.. Sim isn't unlocked although I'm leaving on a trip today overseas and may do so to use it. I've tried flashing both in the OP and no success. Also tried in recovery (stock) and fails also with the following error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build/prop", "ro.build.
fingerprint") == "htc/cingular_us/m7:4.3/JSS15J/246232.3:use
r/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop",
302626.7:user/release-keys"
Installation aborted
Write host_mode:0 done

I've tried using the EXE and that fails as well. It's not like the fastboot/adb commands don't work. I've all my aforementioned steps on Win8 and XP to no avail. For some reason, I can only fastboot RUU to the 4.3 file. Nothing else is working. Please note that I've also tried all the above steps while s-off and with locked/unlocked bootloader. Also note that this phone was originally At&t converted to Developer Edition and now that it's been 4.3 RUU'd, all look to be back to At&t. I'm desperately trying to get it back to the latest stock before going away later. Do you perhaps have anything else I can try?

One last thing to note. The usb cable I'm using are both the HTC original and my Nexus 7 (2nd version). They both behaved in the same manner.

Thanks for all your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just captured the new Sense 6 update also ...Enjoy [June 4 2014]

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358542441

MD5: 317bae285618b070279b3a58b2e308e5

============================================================
    Posted this in the other 4.4.2 thread I figured it would be easier to find in it's own thread.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407573841

MD5: 0b2648c271f52d0d543246119dfb2a8d

Flash in Stock recovery >Recovery_Cingular_US_3.17.502.3.img >> http://d-h.st/6bH

flashing stock recovery
    download the above file and put it with your fastboot / adb files
    boot the phone to fastboot usb
    open command prompt from the fastboot folder
    type
    fastboot flash recovery Recovery_Cingular_US_3.17.502.3.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

now your ready to flash the ota.zip

Many have problems just using the stock recovery alone.. if this is your situation you need to RUU back to 3.17.502.3 First.
    I posted the link here >> http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2.exe

If your s-on you'll have to lock the bootloader before flashing the RUU
    fastboot oem lock
    Ive read through this thread and am still not 100% clear on what steps i should take.
    My AT&T HTC One is rooted, currently running 4.3, and has TWRP 2.6.3.3. no idea if i am s-on or sp-off. How do I find out?

The OTA update downloads but then just reboots to TWRP. Cant find the file to flash from there, but now i see that I should not use OTA if I am rooted.
    Im tempted to just flash Android Rom HD. but would prefer to stay as close to stock as possible.

I was in the same boat as you. To find your s-on or s-off, get to the bootloader and it will show on or off. In my case, I was s-on. If it shows s-off, you are a step ahead. Since I was on, I used Rumrunner to get s-off:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2496687

From there, I decided to relock my bootloader. I can't say if it was needed, but I used the following post:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475914

At that point, I was able to use the first post in this thread to flash stock recovery and I got 4.4 OTA directly OTA rather than flashing manually, since I wanted to preserve my setup.

EDIT: All updated well. When I went to bootloader, it is back to UNLOCKED status. I put TWRP back via Fastboot and used TWRP to install SuperSU to get root access back. Everything appears to be as before, but on 4.4 now.
    AT&T 4.4.2 OTAPkg.zip

And of course if your looking to just flash the firmware, just click the link in my sig!?
    The download finally completed fully! md5 matches! Sorry I got you to upload it. At least there will be another source available if others are having trouble with it.

Yea, I actually meant to upload it earlier today when I found it and was having issues, but I forgot about it.

Happy you got it and yes it will now be available for others.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Ok so here's the steps I'm going to take. Currently I'm running sinless, supercid, s-off.

1. Change cid to CWS__001
    2. Flash RUU
    3. Reboot and let phone boot up.
    4. Put OTA on SD Card
    5. Follow Directions here
    6. Reboot and let phone boot up
    7. Reboot to bootloader
    8. Flash twrp
    9. Go to recovery
    10. Make stock nand
    11. Flash superuser to root
    12. Profit and commence rom building