Install MF3 on AT&T galaxy s4

Search This thread

Jaxonthorn

May 11, 2014
I am trying to do a sim unlock. Following other instructions from other threads.
I have an AT&T galaxy s4 with an mk2 and 4.3. I've already rooted. Downloaded safestrap 3.71, and the mf3 modem from d-h.st/ReU.
I just want instructions on how to install the modem using safestrap.

Please help. (I'm a bit nervous as this is my first time doing this. I don't want to brick the phone.)

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
I am trying to do a sim unlock. Following other instructions from other threads.
I have an AT&T galaxy s4 with an mk2 and 4.3. I've already rooted. Downloaded safestrap 3.71, and the mf3 modem from d-h.st/ReU.

Please help. (I'm a bit nervous as this is my first time doing this. I don't want to brick the phone.)

Dont worry about this. You are not going to brick your device by trying to update the modem.

Install safestrap app. Open the application and select the install recovery option. Reboot the phone. While the phone is booting up, press the capacitive menu (button left to home) button as soon as you see the safestrap screen.

Note: Safestrap recovery is available in normal boot mode and not in recovery mode.

Select "Install" option. Traverse to the folder containing the modem zip. Select the modem zip. You will be taken to another screen with the "swipe to confirm flash" option. Swipe to flash and you are done. Hit "reboot system".

Check the baseband version in "About phone" to see if the flash succeeded. Redo the flash if it didnt stick.

I hope you are following Possible method to SIM unlock on MK2 *must be rooted*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dont worry about this. You are not going to brick your device by trying to update the modem.

Install safestrap app. Open the application and select the install recovery option. Reboot the phone. While the phone is booting up, press the capacitive menu (button left to home) button as soon as you see the safestrap screen.

Note: Safestrap recovery is available in normal boot mode and not in recovery mode.

Select "Install" option. Traverse to the folder containing the modem zip. Select the modem zip. You will be taken to another screen with the "swipe to confirm flash" option. Swipe to flash and you are done. Hit "reboot system".

Check the baseband version in "About phone" to see if the flash succeeded. Redo the flash if it didnt stick.

I hope you are following Possible method to SIM unlock on MK2 *must be rooted*