Black images in Gmail app

Search This thread

tabacman

Feb 26, 2012
Hi there,
when i download images from gmail and then click on them to open i receive a black screen which looks like the image can't be loaded (we are talking about a regular pictuers JPG or PNG).

I tried to clear cache but it still doesn't work Wifi or 3G.

Thanks for the help.

asuperpig

Mar 17, 2013
Hi there,
when i download images from gmail and then click on them to open i receive a black screen which looks like the image can't be loaded (we are talking about a regular pictuers JPG or PNG).

I tried to clear cache but it still doesn't work Wifi or 3G.

Thanks for the help.

I've never meet that peoblem...May be you can try other picture app instead of the default.Do you use the stock rom or other,for example, CM,AOKP and etc?Change the rom may be useful

tabacman

Feb 26, 2012
I've never meet that peoblem...May be you can try other picture app instead of the default.Do you use the stock rom or other,for example, CM,AOKP and etc?Change the rom may be useful

Thanks for your prompt reply.
There is no way to change the app since it opens from gmail itself.
I don't want to change the rom as the user of this phone is not advance one (not me).

Thanks.

asuperpig

Mar 17, 2013
Thanks for your prompt reply.
There is no way to change the app since it opens from gmail itself.
I don't want to change the rom as the user of this phone is not advance one (not me).

Thanks.

Is it useful to update gmail app to the lasted version for you?If not,may problm exsit in Rom.Don't want to flash another rom,use Chrome to download picture or through the stock Exchang email app replace gmail app.Hope my advice can help you more or less.Or you can send specific information including Rom version,screenshot and etc to my gmail-------------lizizheng156@gmail.com,try my best to make it.

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
I can view .jpg fine but PNG is always shows up black for me. I thought that's how gmail android works?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk