[ROM] GB 2.3.6 Moto Atrix2-- LITHIUM v1.3.1--6/28/12

Search This thread

IIWAT

Oct 11, 2008
After 2 weeks, I find DATA connection is not stable. Especially, when roaming between WIFI and 3G. Sometimes, I need to turn off both to get connected. Anyone has similar exp?

jfrank1485

Nov 1, 2010
Tegucigalpa
OnePlus 7 Pro
After 2 weeks, I find DATA connection is not stable. Especially, when roaming between WIFI and 3G. Sometimes, I need to turn off both to get connected. Anyone has similar exp?

Well what i have experience is that in some point when the screen is off (like for 10 minutes) the data connection is lost in some apps like gtalk and whatsapp, and unless i enter the app again i cannot read the messages that some people send to me, it's like if the 3G/Wifi data connection sleeps when the cellphone has no activity and i check the battery mode and i always have in performance mode (no battery save friendly)

nephillim

Apr 1, 2008
Danville
www.facebook.com
Well what i have experience is that in some point when the screen is off (like for 10 minutes) the data connection is lost in some apps like gtalk and whatsapp, and unless i enter the app again i cannot read the messages that some people send to me, it's like if the 3G/Wifi data connection sleeps when the cellphone has no activity and i check the battery mode and i always have in performance mode (no battery save friendly)

I have has absolutely no issues with data, even when this screen has gone off. It may be worth your time to do a full wipe and try restoring the original back-up again... also might want to take a look at the apps you have running, I've come across a couple apps that have affected data usage before.

Reactions: JRW 28

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
I have has absolutely no issues with data, even when this screen has gone off. It may be worth your time to do a full wipe and try restoring the original back-up again... also might want to take a look at the apps you have running, I've come across a couple apps that have affected data usage before.

No problems here either. I have been running lithium for about a month with no problem. I would backup your apps with TI backup, fxz to stock, then root and flash again. that is really the best way to determine if it is hardware or software. best if you can try another rom for a while to, to see if that fixes your problems

nephillim

Apr 1, 2008
Danville
www.facebook.com
No problems here either. I have been running lithium for about a month with no problem. I would backup your apps with TI backup, fxz to stock, then root and flash again. that is really the best way to determine if it is hardware or software. best if you can try another rom for a while to, to see if that fixes your problems

Backup your apps using Titanium, but be careful restoring them... I've had issues every once in a while... mostly been installing the app via Play Store, then restoring Data from Titanium

jfrank1485

Nov 1, 2010
Tegucigalpa
OnePlus 7 Pro

That's exactly what i'm doing i'm using VictoryRom for know to see if it is hardware or software i will use it for a month and see how it goes. Don't get me wrong i love Lithium rom, i just post my issue and i'm testing if it's my phone, carrier, sw or hw. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Last edited:

ubersoft

Dec 29, 2010
I feel stupid asking this... but very early in this thread there is mention of an update.zip that you're supposed to flash after installing the ROM. I can't find an update.zip in 1.2.0 or 1.2.1, and I'm wondering if this is an artifact of an earlier version of Lithium that no longer applies to the latest ROM? I think it is, because it also talks about Lithium booting directly to CWM and this doesn't happen either, (and, finally, it's not mentioned at all in the install instructions) but I want to make sure.

I also apologize for posting what essentially amounts to a support request in the dev forum, but it's specific to the installation instructions on the first post of this thread versus some of the comments made in this thread, so this really seems like the most appropriate place for it.

nephillim

Apr 1, 2008
Danville
www.facebook.com
I feel stupid asking this... but very early in this thread there is mention of an update.zip that you're supposed to flash after installing the ROM. I can't find an update.zip in 1.2.0 or 1.2.1, and I'm wondering if this is an artifact of an earlier version of Lithium that no longer applies to the latest ROM? I think it is, because it also talks about Lithium booting directly to CWM and this doesn't happen either, (and, finally, it's not mentioned at all in the install instructions) but I want to make sure.

I also apologize for posting what essentially amounts to a support request in the dev forum, but it's specific to the installation instructions on the first post of this thread versus some of the comments made in this thread, so this really seems like the most appropriate place for it.

update.zip was to patch framework-res for the Inverted Settings BEFORE version 1.2 and up... it no longer applies to the newest versions.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Flashed this for a friend. You did a great job on the rom! Surprised at how well my speedy scripts make this phone fly! ;)

What speedy scripts have you applied... and what kind of performance change have you noticed?

Reactions: ubersoft and JRW 28

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
update.zip was to patch framework-res for the Inverted Settings BEFORE version 1.2 and up... it no longer applies to the newest versions.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

What speedy scripts have you applied... and what kind of performance change have you noticed?

The speedy v7 scripts that are included in the Rom were created by him ;)

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
OK guys want some input on which direction I should go with v1.3. Lithium is very debloated and I've been really looking at these international Rom that Cogeary has posted and I'm thinking about basing v1.3 off of either the Indian or ME version. Would still be debloated but have some features not offered through our firmware and some newer updates.

Let me here some opinions :)

mkrunk12

Feb 21, 2012
Great Idea

I would just wait until he(cogeary) adds the call recording option to the phone. I hope V3 will be fast as in 1150 or 1200 on cpu?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
I would just wait until he(cogeary) adds the call recording option to the phone. I hope V3 will be fast as in 1150 or 1200 on cpu?

Good idea, but I can be getting the core work done till then. I wouldn't mind 1150 maybe 1175. Just dont want to get into that area that everyone can't use it as some phones may not be able to handle being OC @ 1200. Dont want to get to bad on the battery either

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
How do I sync my hotmail acct?

This can probably be answered by someone who uses it as I don't, hopefully they can provide a good answer for you.

Can there be a screenshot option in power menu?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

I have searched for a while looking for a definitive guide for this and have yet to find one. This is a very extensive edit to several files, some smali editing, xml editing and so on. If I could find a guide I would def try though

Last edited:

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I have searched for a while looking for a definitive guide for this and have yet to find one. This is a very extensive edit to several files, some smali editing, xml editing and so on. If I could find a guide I would def try though

I think that it could be done with the use of a third-party app like Screen Grabber with relative undifficultness... when the screenshot entry is selected, the Screen Grabber's screenshot function is called. For the smali code, since I don't 100% understand it, the easiest thing to do would be make an app in Android that calls on Screen Grabber and then decompile it and use the smali code.

If that makes any sense whatsoever it'd be worth a try :D

Reactions: alteredlikeness

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
I think that it could be done with the use of a third-party app like Screen Grabber with relative undifficultness... when the screenshot entry is selected, the Screen Grabber's screenshot function is called. For the smali code, since I don't 100% understand it, the easiest thing to do would be make an app in Android that calls on Screen Grabber and then decompile it and use the smali code.

If that makes any sense whatsoever it'd be worth a try :D

LOL.. Dude is a wizard! Great ideas... Glad we have you around, man ;)
I was looking to get a hot boot option in the power menu at one time, and like JRW said, it's hard to find good literature on that sort of thing... any ideas on how to call the native hotboot? Or possibly take a similar route with a 3rd-party app?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Ive even tried tearing another Rom apart that has the option but the problem lies is you hsve ro know exactly where the line that calls for the smali code goes in the android.policy. Our phones are so much different that you're basically guessing.
It took me forever when I first started in this stuff. Lfaber06 had asked me to work on the reboot option and needless to say after way to many bootloops and soft bricks it just clicked one day. BUT I WAS ALSO FOLLOWING A VERY GOOD GUIDE THAT TOOK A LOT OF THE GUESSING OUT :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Built from 2.3.6 and themed towards ICS. Hope you enjoy it !!

1339473015265.png
    1334017384097.png
    1333947973612.png
    1333948051981.png
    1334036059817.png
    1334037128463.png
    1333948351609.png
    1335411192685.png
    1339481645532.png

GENERAL OVERVIEW

DEODEXED
    ZIPALIGNED
    BLOAT REMOVED
    MOSTLY DEBLURRED
    AOSP/CM7 MMS
    AOSP/CM7 FILE MANAGER
    AOSP BROWSER
    AOSP MUSIC
    AOSP CALENDAR
    AOSP EMAIL
    AOSP GALLERY 3D
    AOSP CAR/DESK DOCK
    GO LAUNCHER
    1% BATTERY MOD
    BUILD.PROP TWEAKS
    SPEED TWEKS
    GPS TWEAKS
    ICS SLIDERS
    ICS SOUNDS
    ICS CAMERA
    INVERTED SETTINGS, CALENDAR, KEYBOARD
    FUGU TWEAKS
    BEATS & XLOUD MOD
    CWM ON BOOT WITH WORKING GPS
    OC TO 1125 USING NEWEST MILESTONE OC
    SPEEDY V7 SCRIPTS
    NOTIFICATION TOGGLES
    CUSTOM CALCULATOR
    INVERTED CONTACTS
    INVERTED DIALER
    JUST ABOUT EVERY MAJOR APK HAS BEEN THEMED

CREDITS

LFABER06, JIMBRIDGMAN, NOTTACH, NITROGLYCERIN33, TEKAHUNA, COGEARY, MOOFREE, RDAVISCT, ALTEREDLIKENESS, DAAVVIS AND THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED TEST AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE ON XDA THAT HAS HELPED ALONG THE WAY

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

THIS IS A FLASHABLE ZIP NOT A RESTORE !!!
    IF YOU'RE COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM THEN
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    WIPE CACHE
    WIPE DALVIK
    INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD
    SELECT LITHIUM V1.3.1
    SELECT YES AND ENJOY, WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES SO BE PATIENT !!

** NOTES **

** PLEASE READ **

**IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM THEN PERFORM A FULL WIPE AND FLASH V1.3.1

**IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A EARLIER VERSION OF LITHIUM THEN JUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK THEN FLASH THE NEWEST VERSION :good:

PANORAMIC MODE ON BLUR CAMERA IS STILL BOINKED, THAT'S WHY I INCLUDED ICS CAMERA AS EVERYTHING WORKS ON IT AND REMOVED BLUR GALLERY. I HAD TO INCLUDE BLUR CAMERA FOR VIDEO TO WORK ON ICS CAMERA

DOWNLOADS

Lithium v1.3.1.zip

LITHIUM WALLPAPER

ADDONS

L1% Circle.zip

L1% Verticle.zip

Original 1% just in case
    L1% OG.zip
    ** CHANGELOG **

Please read the installation instructions and notes !!!

*6/28/12
    Fixed the stock messaging apk so it works perfectly now and have option between it or AOSP mms apk, to avoid double notifications freeze or remove the one you choose not to use
    Placed Googlequicksearch apk in proper place now
    Stock launcher now working for those wanting to use it, download app homeswitcher from the market and then choose with launcher you prefer

* 6/12/12
    Added AOSP style lockscreen - themed -- thanks to alteredlikeness for the hint
    OC now to 1125
    Added back stock Blur Launcher and Stock Messaging
    Fixed some minor theming issues
    made it easy to remove which ever messaging app you don't want to use
    updated all market apps to newest version
    Lithium wallpaper included in downloads now

* 4/26/12

Fixed some minor theming issues
    Fixed some iverted settings menus
    Inverted Contacts
    Inverted Dialer

* 4/21/12

Fixed corp. email
    Fixed patternlock issue
    Minor theming fixed

* 4/11/12

Fixed camcorder
    Added all email accounts back
    Added facebook and twitter back
    Added blur gallery

** NOTES

Pay attention to the install directions!!!
    Submitting an official request for you to make an ICS based Lithium ROM. I've tried all the available GB ROMs and Lithium worked best for me so I'm hoping you can do your magic on an ICS based one. :D

And where do I donate?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

I will be working on a ICS based Rom very shortly and thank you :cool:

No need to donate as I do this all in fun :good:
    Just in case
    works like a charm ;)