The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Unlimited 4g upgrade?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By .Grizz., Member on 25th April 2012, 05:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok This may be a dumb question but i was wondering if I buy a Galaxy Nexus from a friend will I lose my grandfathered unlimited data (coming from a Droic Inc). Will I just go into Verizon and get a 4g sim card and be on my way?

25th April 2012, 08:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
I have asked the same question. The aswers I got were:

Yes, you can keep your Unlimited plan. Verizon does not care whether you have a 3g or 4g phone. They will give you a sim card, and no price hikes.
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabeakster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iowabeakster Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 02:06 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabeakster

I have asked the same question. The aswers I got were:

Yes, you can keep your Unlimited plan. Verizon does not care whether you have a 3g or 4g phone. They will give you a sim card, and no price hikes.

Ok thanks for the quick reply
25th April 2012, 02:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
And just to add more credance / variety to the topic ...

I ordered a GNEX to upgrade from my DINC via Amazon Wireless, choose the same voice plan and told them to "keep my old data plan." Not only do I still have "unlimtied everything" but I also still have the $20/month discount. If you remember that good deal we all hopped on some time ago even though many of us did not get the email offer >;)

FWIW
25th April 2012, 03:25 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumperalex

And just to add more credance / variety to the topic ...

I ordered a GNEX to upgrade from my DINC via Amazon Wireless, choose the same voice plan and told them to "keep my old data plan." Not only do I still have "unlimtied everything" but I also still have the $20/month discount. If you remember that good deal we all hopped on some time ago even though many of us did not get the email offer >;)

FWIW

Nice, how are you enjoying your Gnex was it worth the uprgade?
27th April 2012, 06:03 AM |#6  
Flag State of Denial
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Upgraded today to 4G LTE on the Razr Maxx so I could get the Lapdoc and they let me keep the unlimited plan. Asked about dropping out of the family plan and was told I'd be dropped to 2 GB per month unless I wanted to pay more.
27th April 2012, 06:07 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Yea but I didn't purchase the galaxy nexus from them it was through swappa. So I was thinking Verizon might try to pull some bulls**t and find some way to screw me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)