[ROM] echoHD 1.3.9 "and or Ka-kow" 12/12 DesireHD|New Market|400+ mb storage

Search This thread

zerowonderboy

Oct 11, 2010
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK OR CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE!!! IF YOU ENJOY THIS ROM FOR LONGER THEN 4 HOURS PLEASE SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION!!!

^If you enjoy this rom longer than 4 hours......what is that supposed to mean the battery life is horrible.

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
I was browsing the incredible forums lol at dhd and z roms over there and I noticed that they got landscape rosie working in one of the z roms . Can that be ported to your Rom as well ?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
Right? Me too. Looks like Sacs has almost got the 720p recording working. Might wanna work with him. That's basically the only thing holding me back from using this rom.

The things that are keeping me from using this Rom are:

- the sense mail app force closes
- the name and number aren't centered when making a call
- the camera force closes when trying to erase a picture

I'm more exited about the new sense UI then gingerbread. I would use sacs rom but I hate that theme he uses. I prefer stock.

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach
The things that are keeping me from using this Rom are:

- the sense mail app force closes
- the name and number aren't centered when making a call
- the camera force closes when trying to erase a picture

I'm more exited about the new sense UI then gingerbread. I would use sacs rom but I hate that theme he uses. I prefer stock.

I'm gonna go ahead and +1 this. (even though you quoted me.) I really wish sacs woulda go complete stock. I feel like the point of the new sense is missed if it comes themed.

Igotsanevo4g

Aug 28, 2010
San Diego
I do enjoy this HD Rom the most due to you not touching the visual aspects, but tweaking it for performance and other goodies. Coolness.

Any chance of you taking a break on salvage mod for a bit and tossing us a bone?

Billyheshn

Dec 13, 2010
Not very stable at all

So I just flashed this on my Evo. It looks great but every time I try to do anything at all ie:change the sense skin, erase any widget, access the app drawer. The ui just reboots over and over and over again. I tried to give it ample opportunity and wouldn't run stable. Just a heads up.

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
Im sorry to say I cant work on this anymore and going to have to either pass it on to someone or just let the thread die. I kept thinking I would get a chance to work on it but I'm to busy with Salvage and a few other projects I have going on that it always gets pushed to the side. So I wanted to be fair and let you know nothing for echoHD (from me) will be coming out anymore.

If someone wants to take over where I left off PM me Ill get you everything I have.

Again sorry, thank you for the love and support (and please be gentle now :() while I was working on this rom. Maybe another talented dev will pick up where I left off :)

Igotsanevo4g

Aug 28, 2010
San Diego
Im sorry to say I cant work on this anymore and going to have to either pass it on to someone or just let the thread die. I kept thinking I would get a chance to work on it but I'm to busy with Salvage and a few other projects I have going on that it always gets pushed to the side. So I wanted to be fair and let you know nothing for echoHD (from me) will be coming out anymore.

If someone wants to take over where I left off PM me Ill get you everything I have.

Again sorry, thank you for the love and support (and please be gentle now :() while I was working on this rom. Maybe another talented dev will pick up where I left off :)

No hard feelings here, thanks for all the work on this and on all the other great stuff you do echo, much love :)

Hoping for a Thunderbolt port from anyone now hahaha ;)

firegoblin

May 11, 2010
Houston,TX
Well it was good while it lasted. Still the best new sense rom for EVO. Thanks for everything echo

kdarkentity

Sep 15, 2010
Music issue

I don't know if anyone is still using this rom but the only thing holding me back from using this as my dailey driver it's my music player skips over certain songs and says they cannot be played, I could just use miui music but I love the new sense 2.0 music,.any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] echoHD 1.3.9 "and or Ka-kow" 12/12 DesireHD|New Market|400+ mb storage

ROM IS NOW BEING WORKED ON HERE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859445

echo
    HD 1.3.9
    banner139.png

echoHD is Evo 4g rom based off of incredibledoes Desire HD port. My main goal for this rom is to have a quick and stable Sense HD rom. So far I have the quick down. Stability wise it can be used as a daily rom but a couple features don't work at moment. If you want a Sense HD rom they all (at the moment) have stuff not working. If you can deal with a couple things not working I think you will be very pleased with this rom. Feel free to leave feedback of any sort. If your having issues in the rom please post in detail what is going on. If possible also post a logcat or PM me a logcat. That way I can get the issue fixed ASAP.​

Screenshots on post #2

Not Working (if not in this list it works):
    4G
    HDMI

To Do List

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK OR CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE!!! IF YOU ENJOY THIS ROM FOR LONGER THEN 4 HOURS PLEASE SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION!!!

BIG thanks to incredibledoes for the port of Desire HD rom.
    Another BIG thanks to snq for getting the Desire HD camera working!!!

Would also like to thank:
    barnacles10
    jobryan26

****GIVE THE FLASH SOME TIME. I MADE THE NAME OF THE ROM LOAD ALONG WITH THE FLASH AS A STATUS BAR ALMOST. DIDN'T THINK ABOUT PEOPLE THINKING IT FROZE ON THEM. WILL REMOVE ON NEXT BUILD******

Download echoHD 1.3.9

New Market
    Fixed Dalvik to cache
    fixed undervolt
    no longer need to flash camcorder patch to record video
    After a fresh install you will have 400-410 MB free internal storage
    I think im missing a few things as well =/

If you want to use AOSP email app instead of Sense flash this:
    http://www.multiupload.com/I4S1NEJDN2

Download echoHD 1.3.7

switched to undervolted htc #17 kernel may cause issues with some phones uploading a regular htc 17 at the moment. If your phone likes undervolting it should help on battery life
    Added Sprint VVM and Qik (for front cam)
    Removed a lot of unneeded system files leftover from porting
    Replaced some system files with files from stock sense.
    No changes to camera sorry wasn't stable enough

Camcorder Patch
    fixes camcorder (sound quality might be crappy) no 720p
    might fix some audio issues

If having issues dialing number while in a call:
    Menu-Settings-Sound-Audible Touchtones. Fixed this issue for me.

Some phones do not liking undervolting. If having stability problems flash this patch.

updated and was updated 7 days ago :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

Now on Rom Manager!! :)

I want to start using this ROM, but the email settings is a must for me. Is anyone doing any type of work around?

I was going to post a patch you can flash over the rom that will replace it with the AOSP email app. It works 100% but its the same email app thats been used for awhile. Ill get it posted within the next hour.