27th November 2010, 05:50 PM |#1201  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY
Thanks Meter: 663

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkytn

if you put s=on after root does it mean its unrooted???

No, you just turned security back on.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!

27th November 2010, 05:53 PM |#1202  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapt

one more question .. i am following the downgrade guide .. in there is says after you flash the PD15IMG.zip .. wich i just did .. then it says to come over here and root the phone using the visionary method .. BUT

this guide says it will only work using the 2.2.1 update and the phone says 2.2 still .. so not sure if i should still try a root method here

orrr if i should update to the OTA thru stock recovery to get me to 2.2.1 first and then rooting... not sure why it is in that specific order on that downgrade guide.

The pd15img.zip flashed the 2.2.1 kernel so yes root here, flash clockwork recovery, then head back over and flash the update.zip through cwrecovery.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
27th November 2010, 08:11 PM |#1204  
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Think I missed something
So I've got s-off, flashed to 2.2.1, -thought- I had root but now when I try to "su" i get "permission denied" and titanium backup tells me I'm not rooted. I try to start by using visionary+ to temp root, and even though it tells me it's trying to root it doesn't appear to actually work.

Kinda stumped, any suggestions as to what to look for, or more information I can provide?
27th November 2010, 08:25 PM |#1205  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Try the alternate (rage) method or visionary r14.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
27th November 2010, 08:54 PM |#1206  
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 2

More
using r14. Doesn't work, even for temp.
27th November 2010, 09:28 PM |#1207  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuujin

Worked for me and many others.
27th November 2010, 09:41 PM |#1208  
Flag Sylmar
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuujin

Worked for me. Make sure you follow directions for s off first. Visionary r14 doesn't turn s off...

Sent from my HTC Glacier
28th November 2010, 01:47 AM |#1209  
Flag Leesburg, Fl
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Does anyone know where I can find the RUU image? I need to restore my phone to stock after rooting with visionary and then using the permaroot method.
By chance does anyone know how closely T Mobile inspects the phones returned during buyers remorse? I will be returning my phone on Monday as it is being replaced by Retention. I am rooted and have S=off and have removed some bloatware with Titanium Backup. I plan on unrooting and turning S-on and doing factory restore. I am not sure how to get the apps back as Titanium BU for the first time does not give me a restore option just uninstall and delete. Prior to this I could restore all apps that I had uninstalled. Does anyone know how closely they inspect the phone other than checking for liquid damage and making sure all accessories are present? what happens if you return the phone and get a replacement and they determine that the phone was rooted etc? I mean how much do they charge you? Any and all help and info is very much appreciated.
28th November 2010, 02:11 AM |#1210  
Flag Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 108

More
There is a section on returning your phone to stock. They won't know if you follow the directions.... Also, not sure how closely they inspect them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbeau

Does anyone know where I can find the RUU image? I need to restore my phone to stock after rooting with visionary and then using the permaroot method.
By chance does anyone know how closely T Mobile inspects the phones returned during buyers remorse? I will be returning my phone on Monday as it is being replaced by Retention. I am rooted and have S=off and have removed some bloatware with Titanium Backup. I plan on unrooting and turning S-on and doing factory restore. I am not sure how to get the apps back as Titanium BU for the first time does not give me a restore option just uninstall and delete. Prior to this I could restore all apps that I had uninstalled. Does anyone know how closely they inspect the phone other than checking for liquid damage and making sure all accessories are present? what happens if you return the phone and get a replacement and they determine that the phone was rooted etc? I mean how much do they charge you? Any and all help and info is very much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Ice Glacier using XDA App
28th November 2010, 10:53 AM |#1211  
Flag naperville il
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Worked perfectly, first go around, after reading up to page 110 ish
Android ver. 2.2.1
Visionary+ R14
Your downloaded root.rar file

In visionary, clicked "temp root"
extracted root.rar to /sdcard/root
turned fastboot off
dl'd term emulator
in term: su
sh /sdcard/root/root.sh
shutdown (not reboot)
power + vol dwn boot s=off
reboot
ran visionary+ R14 permaboot
let it restart
dl'd rom manager/clockwork
flashed clockwork recovery 3 times to be safe
rebooted into clockwork recovery
did a backup
reboot

aside from the 2+ hours reading all of this thread, the rooting took maybe 5 minutes total

Thank you very much to everyone here and everyone involved. I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)