Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2010, 02:09 AM |#701  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01

@Vanquiz, you will have to have fastboot off in order to start back up into hboot and post your terminal output after you run the script file if you can.

Thanks Grankin,
Im a total super noob with Android, please bear it with me

Terminal ouput

Inserting kernel module
insmod: init_module '/sdcard/root/wpx.ko' failed (Function not implemented)
Duplicating hboot
2048+0 records in
2048+0 records out
1048576 bytes transferred in 0.480 secs (2184533 bytes/sec)
Synchronizing
Powerdown and reboot into hboot to check if s=off
#

This is what happened on hboot

GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 27 2010,11:12:59

15th November 2010, 02:21 AM |#702  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquiz

Thanks Grankin,
Im a total super noob with Android, please bear it with me

Terminal ouput

Inserting kernel module
insmod: init_module '/sdcard/root/wpx.ko' failed (Function not implemented)
Duplicating hboot
2048+0 records in
2048+0 records out
1048576 bytes transferred in 0.480 secs (2184533 bytes/sec)
Synchronizing
Powerdown and reboot into hboot to check if s=off
#

After it gives you the powerdown message try typing "sync" + enter a few more times and then rebooting.
15th November 2010, 02:30 AM |#703  

More
Quote:

After it gives you the powerdown message try typing "sync" + enter a few more times and then rebooting.

Nope, its a no go, typed sync + enter 10x, which each of them gives no output at all, then reboot, still S-ON
15th November 2010, 02:34 AM |#704  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nope, its a no go, typed sync + enter 10x, which each of them gives no output at all, then reboot, still S-ON

How long are you waiting before you powerdown? Try giving it a minute or two and then pull the battery after its off. After about 20 to 30 seconds put it back together and go into hboot. All of your output from the script file looks like it should.
15th November 2010, 02:38 AM |#705  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Good point unremarked. MartyLK, make sure that you have the update and that your kernel is version 2.6.32.21-g899d047. Once you have those requirements met it should work.

@Vanquiz, you will have to have fastboot off in order to start back up into hboot and post your terminal output after you run the script file if you can.

Seriously, I would suggest that you put a big red note on the first post saying this root only works with post-OTA.
15th November 2010, 02:44 AM |#706  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignty68

Seriously, I would suggest that you put a big red note on the first post saying this root only works with post-OTA.

Yeah, when I updated the OP with the scripted setups I forgot to do that. Doing it now!
15th November 2010, 02:44 AM |#707  

More
Quote:

How long are you waiting before you powerdown? Try giving it a minute or two and then pull the battery after its off. After about 20 to 30 seconds put it back together and go into hboot. All of your output from the script file looks like it should.

Still not working, S-ON
15th November 2010, 03:06 AM |#708  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Still not working, S-ON

Sounds like more and more people have my issue. That's like 6 now confirming it. This will not S-OFF no matter what we do.
15th November 2010, 03:07 AM |#709  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I appreciate the extra dl link but that is the wrong wpx.ko. The desire HD root method uses the same file name for theirs and that is what you have dl'd. Please pull the link and I will try and update the OP with a mirror.

edit: I have updated the OP with new instructions for root and unroot as well as zipped folders that include everything you need.

Thanks. Just so happened that I didn't have time to go through everything earlier so I didn't even use that file. Pulled the link and will download your new ones. Thanks again!
15th November 2010, 03:09 AM |#710  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityDesign

Sounds like more and more people have my issue. That's like 6 now confirming it. This will not S-OFF no matter what we do.

Gonna try it again later after I fully charge my battery, dunno if that's gonna make any difference, if not, I might have to exchange my plum to black/white, and see if it work ...
15th November 2010, 03:11 AM |#711  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityDesign

I am at a complete loss as to what is going on here. I would say if your within your buyer's remorse to try and get another one just to see if that fixes this issue but that is a headache to say the least and may not even help any. More thinking on this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)