FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What are the xda titles and how do you earn them?

2,071 posts
Thanks Meter: 313

By eggydrums, Senior Member on 28th May 2012, 02:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hoping someone could answer me a question ive had since i joined xda. Ive seen recognized dev, recognized contributer, elite recognized dev, forum mod. What other tittles are given? And how do you earn them?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

28th May 2012, 02:48 AM |#2  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I would assume you get the title of "Forum mod" when you become one. As well as a recognized dev when you publish something that requires development
28th May 2012, 03:50 AM |#3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Vegas, Baby! Likes:XDA,Android Dislikes:Spammers
Thanks Meter: 5,169

More
Read more here. xda-recognized-developer-program-expansion/

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark lord me

I would assume you get the title of "Forum mod" when you become one. As well as a recognized dev when you publish something that requires development

To become a mod you have to apply. There is a committee that bestows the recognized developer title.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikef Ad-Free
29th May 2012, 08:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

To become a mod you have to apply. There is a committee that bestows the recognized developer title.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
29th May 2012, 08:27 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

Link to apply?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA
30th May 2012, 09:15 AM |#6  
Flag Banana Paradise
Thanks Meter: 128

More
And how can i apply for General-Lieutenant title, or at least a Captain would be fine?
30th May 2012, 10:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think you earn ranks by filling your thanks meter.
30th May 2012, 12:16 PM |#8  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,909

More
I'll sum it up for you (or try, anyway!)

There are Junior Members, Members, Senior Members first. These make up the vast majority of XDAs userbase.

Recognised Contributors are nominated by other users and/or Mods/Developers. They are recognised for their contributions which are not specifically Development, such as detailed guides, one-click utilities and other tools/mods.

Recognised Themers are also nominated by users/Mods/Developers, for their work themeing custom ROMs and providing standalone themes for flashing.

Recognised Developers are nominated and approved by the Developer Committee, for their work in Development whether it be ROMs, Root methods, bootloader unlocks etc.

Elite Recognised Developers are again assessed by the Developer Committee, and are deemed to have gone above-and-beyond in providing knowledge/hacks/tools/apps/ROMs for the XDA community.

Forum Moderators are appointed by the Moderator Committee, after submitting an application (see the 'sticky' at the top of this forum - currently applications are not open). They are the first-line of keeping the forums tidy, friendly and orderly.

Senior Moderators are the next step up the ladder, providing site-wide support for Forum Mods and looking after the nitty-gritty issues, as well as areas of XDA not policed by FSMs, such as the Marketplace.

Administrators are next. There are several Admins - each look after a specific part of XDA such as the Portal, the Members and the User Experience of XDA as a whole.

At the top is Mike Channon, who is overall Forum Administrator.

Other titles you may come across:

Moderator Committee - sits on the Mod Committee
Developer Committee - as above, but for Developer Committee
XDA Newswriter - publishes articles for the Portal (front page)
Retired xxxx - have since officially 'left' their XDA position

Hopefully that clears most of them up for you

Contrary to what a lot of people expect, the thanks-meter does not figure at all in determining a users tag.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to juzz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juzz86 Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 12:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

Can one slip some bucks under the table to get these titles, like politicians do?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Nate2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nate2 Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 12:27 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Land of Ooo
Thanks Meter: 1,691

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2

Can one slip some bucks under the table to get these titles, like politicians do?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
30th May 2012, 12:58 PM |#11  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Warrington
Thanks Meter: 1,857

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86

I'll sum it up for you (or try, anyway!)

There are Junior Members, Members, Senior Members first. These make up the vast majority of XDAs userbase.

Recognised Contributors are nominated by other users and/or Mods/Developers. They are recognised for their contributions which are not specifically Development, such as detailed guides, one-click utilities and other tools/mods.

Recognised Themers are also nominated by users/Mods/Developers, for their work themeing custom ROMs and providing standalone themes for flashing.

Recognised Developers are nominated and approved by the Developer Committee, for their work in Development whether it be ROMs, Root methods, bootloader unlocks etc.

Elite Recognised Developers are again assessed by the Developer Committee, and are deemed to have gone above-and-beyond in providing knowledge/hacks/tools/apps/ROMs for the XDA community.

Forum Moderators are appointed by the Moderator Committee, after submitting an application (see the 'sticky' at the top of this forum - currently applications are not open). They are the first-line of keeping the forums tidy, friendly and orderly.

Senior Moderators are the next step up the ladder, providing site-wide support for Forum Mods and looking after the nitty-gritty issues, as well as areas of XDA not policed by FSMs, such as the Marketplace.

Administrators are next. There are several Admins - each look after a specific part of XDA such as the Portal, the Members and the User Experience of XDA as a whole.

At the top is Mike Channon, who is overall Forum Administrator.

Other titles you may come across:

Moderator Committee - sits on the Mod Committee
Developer Committee - as above, but for Developer Committee
XDA Newswriter - publishes articles for the Portal (front page)
Retired xxxx - have since officially 'left' their XDA position

Hopefully that clears most of them up for you

Contrary to what a lot of people expect, the thanks-meter does not figure at all in determining a users tag.

This is perfect can i add this post to my sticky
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)