Poco F1 Bootloader Unlock discussion

Do you regret buying Pocophone F1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

1emrys1

May 29, 2013
SEE EDIT 2

So Xiaomi has started implementing a new policy whereby you need to wait 1440 hours before unlocking your bootloader. That translates to a massive 2 months. This is just ridiculous.

Many people with Poco F1 have reported this issue. Some people tried a different version of Mi unlock tool and their time was halved to 720 hours(1 month) but even that is ridiculous. I don't recommend this because spamming mi servers may lead to further problems.

How has your experience been with the bootloader unlock process. How many hours is the waiting period? If someone discovers any un official method, do post that as well.

Edit -
If you want to help the community, please post these info on SUCCESSFUL bootloader unlock.
MIUI Version -
Mi Unlock version -
How old your Mi account is -
Wait period -

Edit 2
There was a lot of furore over this issue. A few tech websites published this issue, reddit roasted them over it and Twitter users also kept asking questions from Jai Mani and Manu Kumar Jain.

They listened. You should be able to unlock Poco F1 in 3 days now. But other Xiaomi phones may face upto 2 months waiting time and thats pathetic.

https://twitter.com/jaimani/status/1036913185737998337

Last edited:
Reactions: ps000000

PrathaM X

Sep 13, 2014
Delhi
Same problem

I used an old id it was 1440

Then a newnly created one it became 720

I dont know why the **** they are playing with us

DoR3M3

Feb 17, 2018
Portwenn
Apparently, the phones can only be unlocked using the codes provided by Xiaomi. I remember Sony doing something like this as well.

That's a load of BS! Xiaomi needs to knock this off!

I was looking at buying one of these, but I will no longer if this is how Xiaomi treats it's customers... :eek:

Reactions: Dr Grato

1emrys1

May 29, 2013
Mine got increased from 360 hours to 720 hours after several tries :crying:
This should be a warning to users. 360 hours seems like a blessing now. If you get 360 hours, be happy and wait it out. Don't keep trying and get it 'upgraded' to 720 hours or 1440 hours.

Last edited:

PrathaM X

Sep 13, 2014
Delhi
Within a second i unlock my phone. I m useing that methid but use email and mi unlock tool version 2.2.406
I had so many mi device in past may be it becomes 100 percent within a minite

again, tried 2 diff versions, same stupid error

F.U.c.K you XIAOMI

Attachments

• mc.PNG
    mc.PNG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,228
Reactions: WingXBlade

sankhauaa

May 13, 2010
kolkata
again, tried 2 diff versions, same stupid error

F.U.c.K you XIAOMI
I think u follow the step that describe in youtube video
Then try to unlock
Dont update your phone at first.
If unlock not possible in your case go to lg v30 section and grab the unlock.bin file from bootloader unlock thread and follow the step for lg v30 .may be good luck for u

narora9999

Nov 21, 2013
Ludhiana
Couldnt unlock says 720 hours wait

I tried many versions but same wait is showing up, guess we'll have to discover an unofficial method now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We listened to your feedback on the bootloader unlock issue and have updated the policy for the @PocophoneGlobal F1. Most users should now be able to unlock within 3 days.

Please apply let us know if you are still facing problems

https://twitter.com/jaimani/status/1036913185737998337
    device not certified after bootloader unlock, not rooted yet..

Change device certification from "non-certified" to "certified".

Anyone who has lost the refit in the Play Store after flashing a BETA-ROM can easily change it.
    Download and install the Preferences Manager Version 1.8.3 app on the Play Store. Issue the App Root and search for and open the term "Google Play Store." At the top there is a status bar, where you can swipe right to the term: "finsky.xml". Now scroll down to the term: "device.google-certified" and click on it. There, slide the slider to the right from "false" to "true" and confirm with "Update". That's it, now it is displayed in the Play Store at "Device Certification: Certified".
    3 years old MI account - 720hrs wait time. (672 hours remaining)
    I'm sure it's a server side issue. Happened with Whyred too in during initial rush.
    What you can't do fastboot oem unlock on the phone?