|CLOSED FOR NOW| ColdBlooded CM10 for HTC One S [WIP]

Should I make a "lite" version with flashable extras, too?

• Yes - I love me some 120mb or less!

Votes: 48 44.4%
  • No - I don't see the need!

Votes: 60 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
I too see a slightly elevated battery drain. Although.... this build is still developing so I'm sure it'll get worked out. Its not horrible. Have had worse.

Btw, 3rd party cameras will give you ability to take still with this ROM. Forces a reboot sometimes.

How can I get the most out of Google Now? Any hints? I hear its so smart and automated.... so far I just like the way it answers questions.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Tell it to do a barrel roll. Go into settings and setup when cards appear.

This is a fantastic ROM. Unbelievable that it's already good for daily use if one can forego a (stable) camera and an annoying SIM PIN unlock prompt on boot. Thanks so much!

Regarding the battery issues, I noticed that the GpsLocationProvider stays on for quite a while even if the GPS is not being used. I also noticed that Wifi is left to stay awake even while the screen is off by default. I've turned both of these off in hopes of more reasonable battery drain.

Finally, I noticed that notifications do not play through headphones. Is this driver related or do I need to configure a setting somewhere?

Thanks again!

Headphones do not work at all.

THIS is what I logged in to comment on. Very high battery drain for me - should I flash a new radio or something?

I am on the radio that my phone shipped with and I get ~2.5 hours of screen time with games (like shadowgun), a lot of calls and texts, and a fair amount of web/youtube browsing. I have GPS turned on along with WiFi and Mobile Data

My battery drain is very high and my phone is getting very warm.
Any idea?

Re-flash your rom, calibrate your battery

zigfreid5

Mar 24, 2012
I too see a slightly elevated battery drain. Although.... this build is still developing so I'm sure it'll get worked out. Its not horrible. Have had worse.

Btw, 3rd party cameras will give you ability to take still with this ROM. Forces a reboot sometimes.

How can I get the most out of Google Now? Any hints? I hear its so smart and automated.... so far I just like the way it answers questions.

Try setting your home and work locations using Google Latitude (you don't have to be an active user of it, just set the locations) and Google Now will Tell you how long it'll take to get to work/home from wherever you are. Even puts a notification (only when you pull down the bar) for quick access.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Also, just noticed that a long-press on reboot will prompt for a safe-mode reboot. Is this a new jellybean feature or a rom tweak or have I just been oblivious to it and it's been around since froyo?

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Try setting your home and work locations using Google Latitude (you don't have to be an active user of it, just set the locations) and Google Now will Tell you how long it'll take to get to work/home from wherever you are. Even puts a notification (only when you pull down the bar) for quick access.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Also, just noticed that a long-press on reboot will prompt for a safe-mode reboot. Is this a new jellybean feature or a rom tweak or have I just been oblivious to it and it's been around since froyo?
It happens with all One S roms

Doggydude

Nov 6, 2010

this is a jellybean feature, pretty sweet since it can also be used as a super battery saver mode because it stops everything else from running I think

tuzonghua

Jun 2, 2009
Notification multitouch?

Has anyone been able to get the improved notifications system working? When I have 2+ emails, I should be able to swipe down with two fingers on it to see an expanded notification that tells me who they're from. Ditto for any other apps that provide this feature. Is there a system setting for it or am I not doing it right?

651stp

Feb 21, 2008
Minneapolis
User banners (feel free to put in sig):

SigBannerUser1.png

SigBannerUser2.png

SigBannerUser3.png

SigBannerUser4.png

fc02ur.png

ColdBlooded.png

abc.jpg

I know they kind of suck but I am NO graphic designer haha!

Thanks to any users who make these for me! The bottom three are by others. Thanks for the support!

i love the third banner, the one that says "Enter text here" lol

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Has anyone been able to get the improved notifications system working? When I have 2+ emails, I should be able to swipe down with two fingers on it to see an expanded notification that tells me who they're from. Ditto for any other apps that provide this feature. Is there a system setting for it or am I not doing it right?

It is possible that it is already expanded. Post a screenshot of it without touching it. And are you using TWO fingers? Also, if they are from the same person I don't think it will work. The notifications work fine for me and have since v0.1.1

i love the third banner, the one that says "Enter text here" lol

LOL I know I ran out of ideas so I thought I would convince people that I overlooked it lol.

zaxondis

Aug 11, 2010
New York City
Working for me...try going into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik and then give it another shot.

EDIT: While expanding things in notifications does work for me, I still can't get the "reply" button to show up in notifications for text messages. Cache/dalvik wipe doesn't seem to help here.

Last edited:

saniyal

May 4, 2011
my google search keeps on crashing after i tried enabling google now. has anybody else has had that issue

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Working for me...try going into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik and then give it another shot.

EDIT: While expanding things in notifications does work for me, I still can't get the "reply" button to show up in notifications for text messages. Cache/dalvik wipe doesn't seem to help here.
I don't think there is supposed to be a "reply button"..... it doesn't show up for me either. I will check it out after my battery is done calibrating

havikx

Feb 4, 2009
my google search keeps on crashing after i tried enabling google now. has anybody else has had that issue

Yea. I realized I flashed the older version of ROM by mistake.

Is there a working flash apk around or is it the ROM that is having problems with flash? I tried one from the 7 forums. Browser closes.

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Yea. I realized I flashed the older version of ROM by mistake.

Is there a working flash apk around or is it the ROM that is having problems with flash? I tried one from the 7 forums. Browser closes.

Jellybean doesn't have support for flash. They dropped it and replaced it with HTML5 (even though they are not the same things)

zaxondis

Aug 11, 2010
New York City
I don't think there is supposed to be a "reply button"..... it doesn't show up for me either. I will check it out after my battery is done calibrating
One of the coolest things about the updated notifications in the status bar was meant to be the addition of reply etc. buttons for messaging and missed calls. Check it out: http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html#ui.

Not a deal breaker for me by any means, loving this ROM, it's running beautifully for me (aside from the noted things not working/known issues).

Would love to get those buttons though, I think they are really slick.

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
One of the coolest things about the updated notifications in the status bar was meant to be the addition of reply etc. buttons for messaging and missed calls. Check it out: http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html#ui.

Not a deal breaker for me by any means, loving this ROM, it's running beautifully for me (aside from the noted things not working/known issues).

Would love to get those buttons though, I think they are really slick.
It might be a CM10 repo issue. My gnex doesn't have them either. When I was on stock JB on gnex it had them but it doesnt on CM10. On another note.... my 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: zaxondis

zaxondis

Aug 11, 2010
New York City
It might be a CM10 repo issue. My gnex doesn't have them either. When I was on stock JB on gnex it had them but it doesnt on CM10. On another note.... my 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah maybe, I know CM tweaks the notification bar a lot (which I love) so it could be that this is just a little quirk of those tweaks that needs to be worked out.

Congrats on 1000 posts! :) You could get some sort of banner.

saniyal

May 4, 2011
Hey has anybody else got sim network unlock notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROJECT IS CLOSED UNTIL I HAVE ANOTHER HTC ONE S TO TEST ON

HTCOneS.png

Hello! This is an ongoing project to bring AOSP Jellybean to the HTC One S with the S4 processor. It is based CM10. It is completely compiled from source and it will stay that way! Not an SDK port here! I will try to release a new build at least once a week.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR HARM TO YOUR PHONE, BUT I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP WITH IT!
    Please do not kang my rom or use anything without my permission.

GO HERE FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS/COMMENTS: GENERAL QUESTION THREAD

Now, on to the good stuff :D.

What is not working:

Code:
    Camera has issues*
    Headphones (fix available)*
    Annoying SIM unlock prompt on boot (hit dismiss and everything works fine)*
    YouTube reboots UI when rotated

* = High priority

What is working:

Code:
    System Processes
    Camera (to a certain point)
    Sound
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Mobile Data/Network/4G/3G/2G
    Touchscreen
    Multitouch
    Google Now/Voice Search
    LED Light
    LED Torch
    Wifi Hotspot
    WiFi calling (through Google Voice)
    Everything else that is not listed in the "Not Working" section :D

For now, use THIS APP to temporarily fix the headphones issue.

It is highly recommended that you flash with TWRP. If you flash with ClockworkMod, you will have to flash the boot.img manually in fastboot

If you find a bug (in the rom, not on the ground lol), please report it!

Flashing Instructions:
    1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into bootloader
    3. Flash the boot.img included in the ROM.zip through fastboot
    4. Reboot into recovery
    5. WIPE DATA (FACTORY RESET), CACHE, AND DALVIK CACHE
    6. Flash the ROM itself
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy!

You can skip wiping data from step 5 if you are coming from an older version of COLDBLOODED

YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AS THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE ROM! I WILL ALWAYS UPDATE THE GAPPS TO THE LATEST VERSION!

Downloads:

All releases (current and old) can be found here:

coldbloodedroms.com

Under the label "HTC One S"

----Or----

v0.5.1 Direct Download

Changelog and Screenshots in post 2, user banners, etc. in post 3

Thanks to :highfive::
    Code:
    intervigil, xkonni, CyanogenMod, dastin1015, ...Awesome..., and djsubtronic

Thanks everyone! :victory:

Saniyal made a great video about v0.5:

Flow-wolf made a nice video about this rom (v0.1... many, MANY more things work now):

If you like this ROM, be sure to rate the thread 5-stars and thank this post! Any donations are highly appreciated.

Enjoy.
    Changelog:
    Code:
    v0.5.1 - New soft-key remapping settings (thanks xkonni!), lockscreen targets, and a few other bugs have been squashed (panorama camera mode, etc.)

v0.5 - WiFi, Data, GPS, Graphical Glitch, Calls, Camera (to a certain extent), and the long boot time, have all been fixed! This took me a very long time, but I finally use this rom as my Daily Driver.

v0.1.1 - Data and SD card mount fixed

v0.1 pre-alpha - initial release

Screenshots:

Currently I am retaking screenshots, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Working on next update... any feature requests (besides fixes... I think the headphone issue will be fixed anyways). On a side note... who want to help me get 900 thanks :D

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
    Working on new version... with data and sd card mount working!
    fix headset calling, statusbar grapics & add beats audio mod :) !

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
    Here is what you have contributed to my thread so far:

"headset calling is not runninig !!!"

"headset calling FIX ?!"

I am doing my best to fix as many issues as I can, and I would appreciate if people would stop and think before they post about me doing whatever they want. Please either be patient, fix the issues yourself, or stop being so demanding. Thank you