Lenovo Lynx K3011 Owners Thread

Search This thread

mattman86

Oct 24, 2011
Vineyard
Have you updated all the drivers or are you still running the ones that came out of the box? I wonder if it is a driver/software issue or if they fixed the problem on newer keyboards.

Certainly a lot of people on various forums report this issue.

I'm using the drivers out of the box:

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/21/2006
Driver Version: 6.3.9600.16384
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

The manufacture date on the sticker is 13/01/24 (Jan. 24, 2013).

itsnotmeatall

Dec 2, 2012
Bombay
I'm using the drivers out of the box:

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/21/2006
Driver Version: 6.3.9600.16384
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

The manufacture date on the sticker is 13/01/24 (Jan. 24, 2013).

Yeah that must be it. I had tested the keyboard in the shop (being aware of the issue thru forum reports), there were no dropped keystrokes then. After which I went home and upgraded everything I could. I've had the problem ever since.

The issue must be in one of the newer drivers.

mepis

Nov 13, 2008
Lancaster
www.kurie.us
I apologize for digging up an old thread. I was having a lot of issues with my Lynx after upgrading it to Windows 8.1 I purchased it second hand from craigs list and did a full wipe and installed my own copy of Windows 8 pro on it. I used the Lenovo Lynx 8.1 driver pack listed in the help and support section of their website for this product. I still had tons of display issues, the device lagging properly, not playing videos properly, wifi issues, etc... I did a bit of digging and found a full driver pack for the Atom Z2760 that the Lynx uses. Coincidentally it was also provided by Lenovo but for their ThinkPad Tablet 2. It's the Intel platform drivers for the Atom 2760 straight from Intel. Since I installed that, my Lynx has been running amazingly well. Battery life is much better and the wifi issues are all but gone, though I can't comment on the bluetooth/wifi issues. That was a separate problem. I figured I would post this here because this thread was kept coming up many times on Google in the first page of search results. I figured others might stumble on this and get some use out of it.

The link for the driver package is http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS039909

Reactions: itsnotmeatall

darksoul21

Jul 27, 2008
Put up or shut up.

yes, I loaded ubuntu successfully on this tablet

How? With emulation? How does it work?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Please post a detailed tutorial here (with screenshots if possible) of how you did this, I am sure it will help a lot of people.

COnsidering its a clovertrail device and you can load linux onto clovertrail I think skeptical wont be enough to cover my opinion on this matter...

Calling it what it is. No tuts and not proof = BullS*.

waldschwein

Nov 18, 2013
okay thanks
someone who own the lynx got a alternative for the keyboard dock?
it seems that you cant get the original anymore..
i searched a lot, but cant find a keyboard dock where you can stick the tablet in.

mepis

Nov 13, 2008
Lancaster
www.kurie.us
Actually as a clovertrail device you cannot install anything but windows

I don't know if this is still completely true though I'll add I'm not willing to try it either. I don't have a USB hub laying around. It was once true that clovertrail didn't really support nix. But since the introduction of haswell, nix has been incorporating those power management features into the kernel. If I understand properly, Haswell does kind of the same thing that clovertrail and bayfield do to use less power.

I could be wrong on this. I'm just saying that the original thought that nix won't work on atom may not be true anymore. Technically, atom always supported nix, but only the medfield single core versions.

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
I don't know if this is still completely true though I'll add I'm not willing to try it either. I don't have a USB hub laying around. It was once true that clovertrail didn't really support nix. But since the introduction of haswell, nix has been incorporating those power management features into the kernel. If I understand properly, Haswell does kind of the same thing that clovertrail and bayfield do to use less power.

I could be wrong on this. I'm just saying that the original thought that nix won't work on atom may not be true anymore. Technically, atom always supported nix, but only the medfield single core versions.

This is an issue related to clovertrail only. For reasons unknown intel locked the UEFI out so it cant load anything but windows. Its nothing to do with linux not supporting power management features, its a case of the device being firmware locked to not allow it.

Atom chips prior to clovertrail can run linux. Bay trail chips can run linux although there are a few kinks with drivers which need to be worked out.

waldschwein

Nov 18, 2013
Got anybody issues with using bluetooth and wifi at the same time?
when i use bluetooth, it semms that it kills the wifi connection

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lenovo-convertible-tablet-ideatab-lynx-k3011-closeup-front-keyboard-detached-front-side-view-4.jpg

The Lenovo Lynx is not exactly a hot-selling item worldwide, and so naturally there is not much discussion on this Windows 8 tablet on these or other forums.

lenovo-convertible-tablet-ideatab-lynx-k3011-back-side-view-with-keyboard-8.jpg

There are however a few threads on XDA about one or other issue relating to the Lynx, so I thought of creating a thread where all of us could come together and share problems, solutions and tips.

I'll start off with some useful links:

USER GUIDE

HARDWARE MAINTENANCE MANUAL

You should already have done the free upgrade to Windows 8.1 (if it didn't come preinstalled) For those who did not do the upgrade, here are a few useful links after you do the upgrade from the Windows store.

Intel Video driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit) - IdeaTab Lynx K3011

Total Driver Package for Windows 8.1 (32-bit) - IdeaTab Lync K3011

And here is how to get into the Lenovo Lynx Bootmenu/BIOS Setup:

-------------------​
    I ordered a Refurb from Newegg for $239 yesterday, it should be here by Friday, I'm really looking forward to turning it on for the first time.

I love Android but only on my phone, Never liked it on tablets.. was always left disappointed.

I searched for awhile and couldn't find a dock for it, the only place I found was on amazon and it's "Currently unavailable".

I was hoping to find one on ebay for a decent price, I might go with a Bluetooth Keyboard + Leather Case from ebay.

Congrats on your purchase. If I were you I would try and find the lynx dock for it... you get an additional battery (it adds 4-5 hours easy) two full-size USB ports, and a trackpad (trackpad is kinda jumpy, though), and you can easily work with the docked tablet in your lap, or tilt the screen at any angle you like.

Getting a keyboard folio won't have all these conveniences.

Do let us know all your impressions of your new tablet.
    Is anyone having issue with xbmc when watching video? It plays the video however I can't see the video because of grey overlay on video. Anyone having similar experience with xbmc? I don't have such issue with vlc player.

Try turning hardware acceleration/ DXVA to 'off'
    is it possible to install android x86 or ubuntu on this tablet?

COnsidering its a clovertrail device and you can load linux onto clovertrail I think skeptical wont be enough to cover my opinion on this matter...