Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

User001100

Apr 8, 2024
Poco x5 5g

I found this setting while going into set edit, android properties :

"persist.sys.turbosched.thermal_break.enable" "False"

What are these? Are these for changing thermal limit? And if it is, how do i grant permission to setedit to change its value without root?

b00tl0ade®

Dec 30, 2023
Hello,

I'm using Lava Storm 5G (LXX508). It supports 33W fast charging and provides the in-box 33W charger (20V~1.65A) along with the device. The issue I encountered is the device is heating up so much while charging with the same charger mentioned above.
There is no any option to turn off the fast charging.

Now my concern is that, will my battery degrade with the faster pace due to such heating and doesn't last long?

As I follow the 30-80% charging pattern, what other options do I have right now to ensure the long life of my battery?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello,

I'm using Lava Storm 5G (LXX508). It supports 33W fast charging and provides the in-box 33W charger (20V~1.65A) along with the device. The issue I encountered is the device is heating up so much while charging with the same charger mentioned above.
There is no any option to turn off the fast charging.

Now my concern is that, will my battery degrade with the faster pace due to such heating and doesn't last long?

As I follow the 30-80% charging pattern, what other options do I have right now to ensure the long life of my battery?

In the past I have charged my one while on one of the small ice mats from chemist that are used on your skin surface/joints. Now I use an older charger (pre-fast charge) with an adapter.

Scottzilla007

Feb 9, 2024
Installing TWRP and LOS won't help you downgrade the stock firmware because it will still have the same stock bootloader underneath TWRP and LOS and will still block your attempts to flash the downgraded stock firmware. If you can get TWRP installed, you can try flashing a custom ROM that is 4.0, there might be some 4.0 and 4.1 CyanogenMod(CM) custom ROMs that are still available in the AT&T S3 and T-Mobile S3 sections here, they both can use each other's custom ROMs and custom recoveries. Technically, you can flash any of the custom ROMs from any of the US models of S3, they are all "d2" S3's, i.e. Verizon=d2vzw, AT&T=d2att, Sprint=d2spr, T-Mobile=d2tmo, etc....and the US networks that use their devices on other bigger networks will be some kind of "d2" variant of the parent network. For example, I had a StraightTalk(Tracfone) S3 that ran on Verizon towers, it's "d2" was d2tfnvzw, a combination of Tracfone(tfn) and Verizon(vzw). They are all the same except for RIL(Radio Interface Layer) and some other small parts in some cases. I'm sure if you look around in the forums for US versions of S3, you'll find a thread or guide discussing how to port a ROM from one of the other US S3's to another US S3.

Also, you might be able to downgrade the stock system partition without downgrading the bootloader. As I mentioned earlier, there is a method in the Verizon S3 forum that involves taking the system.img from an older firmware and using it to replace the system.img in the stock firmware version that your device currently has installed. You need to find out which firmware build number your device currently has installed then download a copy of that exact build number firmware file and a copy of the firmware for your device that you want to downgrade to then extract them both into separate folders and use them to make your own modified firmware as described in the method used by the Verizon S3, follow the sane method that they did but use your device's firmware files the same way they used theirs.

It has been about 8 years since I used that device but what I've told you is all there if you look around in the various US S3 forums here, you'll probably even see me in all kinds of places in all them.
That seems pretty easy! So basically, just extracting the system.img from the old firmware via a program like 7zip, putting it into the Android 4.4.2 firmware for my model and flashing it, right? That sounds too good to be true, so there's gotta be a catch. Is there? Unless I misunderstood, so please let me know. Also, I can't find any links to the Android 4.4.2 firmware for the SGH-I747 online. Can you send me a file for this?

EDIT: Could this be useful?

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
That seems pretty easy! So basically, just extracting the system.img from the old firmware via a program like 7zip, putting it into the Android 4.4.2 firmware for my model and flashing it, right? That sounds too good to be true, so there's gotta be a catch. Is there? Unless I misunderstood, so please let me know. Also, I can't find any links to the Android 4.4.2 firmware for the SGH-I747 online. Can you send me a file for this?

EDIT: Could this be useful?
As long as you have the same device with the same firmware currently installed on it as what is discussed and the same firmware files discussed in a known method to downgrade your specific device, it should work as long as you follow the guide to the letter and understand exactly what you are doing at each step before you actually do it.

Yes, there may be a catch that makes it tricky but if a known method exists to get around it, it can be done. It may or may not be as simple as extracting and copy/paste the system.img from one firmware to another. You'll just have to read some guides related to your device or another S3 that has done the same thing to figure out the right recipe. It may take some trial and error, just be careful because flashing the wrong things or flashing an incorrectly modified firmware or modified .img can brick the device. Be certain of what you are doing before you do it, don't get impatient and just go to modifying or flashing things in a willy nilly "let's try this" manner.

Scottzilla007

Feb 9, 2024
As long as you have the same device with the same firmware currently installed on it as what is discussed and the same firmware files discussed in a known method to downgrade your specific device, it should work as long as you follow the guide to the letter and understand exactly what you are doing at each step before you actually do it.

Yes, there may be a catch that makes it tricky but if a known method exists to get around it, it can be done. It may or may not be as simple as extracting and copy/paste the system.img from one firmware to another. You'll just have to read some guides related to your device or another S3 that has done the same thing to figure out the right recipe. It may take some trial and error, just be careful because flashing the wrong things or flashing an incorrectly modified firmware or modified .img can brick the device. Be certain of what you are doing before you do it, don't get impatient and just go to modifying or flashing things in a willy nilly "let's try this" manner.
Thank you for your advice. Don't worry, I'm a very patient man and usually take my time when reading guides, tutorials, and forums like these.

Reactions: Droidriven

Salooohy

Apr 14, 2024
A friend told me there is a way to copy your files from your broken andoird rom without install a new rom like redmi stuck on the logo and that friend told you can plug it on pc and copy your files how is that happen and rom is stuck in logo there is no os is that ture and how???

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
A friend told me there is a way to copy your files from your broken andoird rom without install a new rom like redmi stuck on the logo and that friend told you can plug it on pc and copy your files how is that happen and rom is stuck in logo there is no os is that ture and how???
In order to can understand, what you are trying to do, you should provide, not only more, but better information, like model, what you did before that, and really what is that?, I mean, what we are talking about?

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
東京都 Tokyo Metro

1 ) You could fastboot start a TWRP recovery from your computer, search for information about how to do that, but first look if there is a TWRP recovery for your specific device :

If it exists, then while in TWRP you could copy files from your device.

2 ) You can use ADB from your computer.

There are many tutorials around about how to do this :

Scottzilla007

Feb 9, 2024

Okay, so apparently according to what I've been reading, you can downgrade this model to Android 4.3. It worked, but now I'm in the same state as when I was still in Android 4.3 before I updated. Meaning that it's usable, but still very slow. At least the lock screen's responsive this time... But that's why I'm aiming for Android 4.1. Because Android 4.2-4.4.2 are very buggy and slow for my model. I'm not sure about Android 4.0.4, because I just found out that there is a Google patch for Android 4.1, but it's not for Android 4.0. Question, is "system.img.ekt4" the full name of the "system.img" file? Also, now that I think of it, you're right. It's not as simple as extracting and copying/pasting the system.img file from one firmware to another. Because Knox was presented in Android 4.3, and that made it more difficult to downgrade your Galaxy. That's why I was thinking if rooting it would help, because rooting your Galaxy would trip Knox.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Okay, so apparently according to what I've been reading, you can downgrade this model to Android 4.3. It worked, but now I'm in the same state as when I was still in Android 4.3 before I updated. Meaning that it's usable, but still very slow. At least the lock screen's responsive this time... But that's why I'm aiming for Android 4.1. Because Android 4.2-4.4.2 are very buggy and slow for my model. I'm not sure about Android 4.0.4, because I just found out that there is a Google patch for Android 4.1, but it's not for Android 4.0. Question, is "system.img.ekt4" the full name of the "system.img" file? Also, now that I think of it, you're right. It's not as simple as extracting and copying/pasting the system.img file from one firmware to another. Because Knox was presented in Android 4.3, and that made it more difficult to downgrade your Galaxy. That's why I was thinking if rooting it would help, because rooting your Galaxy would trip Knox.
Honestly, the slowness is probably because of the version of Google Play Services that it has to run in order to run today's apps, it doesn't play well with older devices and older firmware for some reason. It is rather heavy and demanding on the hardware, it causes some older devices to run a little warm to quite warm and use the battery much faster. Another factor is Facebook, Facebook Messenger and any other social media type apps you have installed, these are also heavy and demanding on older devices and older firmware. Today's 3rd party launchers are also sluggish on older devices and older firmware.

Also, it may be due to network differences, those S3's were 3G and 4G LTE(but weren't actually "true" 4G), those bands/networks may not be as well supported/maintained now as they were. Make sure your SIM, your radio settings and your APNs are setup correctly and optimized. You should be able to pull up the service menu for your radio settings by dialing a certain code in your dialer(phone) app. As for what settings you might need to change and the values/options needed, you'll just have to do your own research there, the goal is to get the radio dialed in specific to the carrier network and/or bands it will be using. Your APNs may or may not auto program from your carrier networks system, either way, you can edit your APN(Access Point Name) settings if needed, you just need to find out what the APN settings/values are required by your carrier's network. Also, go to system settings>networks and make sure that your "prefered network" settings is set to GSM and 4G.

As for rooting on 4.3, if I remember correctly, there was some form of "1 click root" app or PC program that could be used to root S3 with 4.3 or 4.4. These 1 click methods don't require flashing anything or fooling with or worrying about bootloader or Knox other than disabling knox immediately after rooting and before the next reboot(knox MUST be disabled or it will trip knox/qfuse the next time it reboots and can softbrick the device or even pop qfuse which would kill the device permanently with a slight chance of reviving it via JTAG).

Some of the I click root tools from those days are such as:

Towelroot app

Framaroot app(with different exploits named after The Lord of the Rings characters, may require downloading and trying different named exploits).

Kingroot app(then immediately after gaining root, switching to SuperSU and removing Kingroot, there is a known method/tool to do this for you)

King o root

There were some PC programs too but I can't remember them.

If there was ever a 1 click root tool that worked on your device with 4.3 or 4.4 in those days, I'm sure you can easily find threads discussing it.

Like I said, it has been quite a few years but I still kinda remember a lot of the tricks that were used on the various S3's, can't remember what applied to which specific model but I do remember there being a solution for pretty much all of them on 4.3 and/or 4.4.

Last edited:

Scottzilla007

Feb 9, 2024
Honestly, the slowness is probably because of the version of Google Play Services that it has to run in order to run today's apps, it doesn't play well with older devices and older firmware for some reason. It is rather heavy and demanding on the hardware, it causes some older devices to run a little warm to quite warm and use the battery much faster. Another factor is Facebook, Facebook Messenger and any other social media type apps you have installed, these are also heavy and demanding on older devices and older firmware. Today's 3rd party launchers are also sluggish on older devices and older firmware.

Also, it may be due to network differences, those S3's were 3G and 4G LTE(but weren't actually "true" 4G), those bands/networks may not be as well supported/maintained now as they were. Make sure your SIM, your radio settings and your APNs are setup correctly and optimized. You should be able to pull up the service menu for your radio settings by dialing a certain code in your dialer(phone) app. As for what settings you might need to change and the values/options needed, you'll just have to do your own research there, the goal is to get the radio dialed in specific to the carrier network and/or bands it will be using. Your APNs may or may not auto program from your carrier networks system, either way, you can edit your APN(Access Point Name) settings if needed, you just need to find out what the APN settings/values are required by your carrier's network. Also, go to system settings>networks and make sure that your "prefered network" settings is set to GSM and 4G.

As for rooting on 4.3, if I remember correctly, there was some form of "1 click root" app or PC program that could be used to root S3 with 4.3 or 4.4. These 1 click methods don't require flashing anything or fooling with or worrying about bootloader or Knox other than disabling knox immediately after rooting and before the next reboot(knox MUST be disabled or it will trip knox/qfuse the next time it reboots and can softbrick the device or even pop qfuse which would kill the device permanently with a slight chance of reviving it via JTAG).

Some of the I click root tools from those days are such as:

Towelroot app

Framaroot app(with different exploits named after The Lord of the Rings characters, may require downloading and trying different named exploits).

Kingroot app(then immediately after gaining root, switching to SuperSU and removing Kingroot, there is a known method/tool to do this for you)

King o root

There were some PC programs too but I can't remember them.

If there was ever a 1 click root tool that worked on your device with 4.3 or 4.4 in those days, I'm sure you can easily find threads discussing it.

Like I said, it has been quite a few years but I still kinda remember a lot of the tricks that were used on the various S3's, can't remember what applied to which specific model but I do remember there being a solution for pretty much all of them on 4.3 and/or 4.4.
Ah yes, KingoRoot. I'm familiar with that. And SuperSU, too. I didn't know about those other ones, though, so thanks for letting me know! I forgot to tell you something I noticed after I downgraded to Android 4.3. When I plugged in my S3, instead of showing a green, Frutiger Aero-like battery, it showed a plain, white battery with a green pixelated font showing the percentage. Not to mention the font was very small. Is this normal?

As you can see, I have small hands, just ignore that xD
Oh, and yes, I still use ArcSoft Webcam Companion 4 in 2024. Don't mind that either lol

Attachments

• ArcSoft_Image30.jpg
    ArcSoft_Image30.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ArcSoft_Image31.jpg
    ArcSoft_Image31.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Ed0XDA

Apr 15, 2024
Hello,

It's been a while since i've tried to mod this Samsung A32. I noticed there were no ROMs, but just because i wanted to try, i tried getting TWRP running on there. So i unlocked OEM and then unlocked bootloader. I went into odin, put AP on TWRP and USERDATA with vbmeta. It looked like it was flashing it, but when it was about to finish, it would fail. The phone would say "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed", nothing else than that. I read that you had to wait 3 weeks if it was happening. This attempt was in february of this year. Now i tried again, but i get the same issue.

Thanks!

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello,

It's been a while since i've tried to mod this Samsung A32. I noticed there were no ROMs, but just because i wanted to try, i tried getting TWRP running on there. So i unlocked OEM and then unlocked bootloader. I went into odin, put AP on TWRP and USERDATA with vbmeta. It looked like it was flashing it, but when it was about to finish, it would fail. The phone would say "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed", nothing else than that. I read that you had to wait 3 weeks if it was happening. This attempt was in february of this year. Now i tried again, but i get the same issue.

Thanks!
Then, you didn´t unlock it, you have to see what it says in the download mode screen.

Top Liked Posts