[Q] Wifi Module (GH42-04150A)

Search This thread

jribbe101

Oct 31, 2009
I have a new galaxy note 8 that will not connect to wifi (any wifi). I sent it in to samsung since its under warranty but they wont do anything because I rooted it or tell me what they think the problem is... no biggie. So I am assuming the problem is with the wifi module itself considering it never worked out of the box, even on other ROMs I tested.

http://stellatech.com/samsung-gt-n5110-galaxy-note-8.0-antenna-module,a,en,815128.html

I am replacing it anyways, but curious if anyone has run into this problem also. Thx.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
WIFI

I have not seen any issues... Though I would have contacted Samsung right away about the issue, before modding.

Rule of thumb never mod a new device that has issues with functionality get it fixed first and foremost.

Un-root and send it in. All my roots installed or removed will properly perform the firmware update function both in Kies and in settings.

If anything you can install an OEM firmware from sammobile and give samsung a fresh clean tablet to fix.

If you should see any wifi connection points listed in your wifi settings. Your wifi is at least picking up signals.

You can try editing the build.prop to allow 13 or 14 channels in Wifi if you are outside of the US. Or use ACE wifi fixer from the app store.

jribbe101

Oct 31, 2009
I have not seen any issues... Though I would have contacted Samsung right away about the issue, before modding.

Rule of thumb never mod a new device that has issues with functionality get it fixed first and foremost.

Un-root and send it in. All my roots installed or removed will properly perform the firmware update function both in Kies and in settings.

If anything you can install an OEM firmware from sammobile and give samsung a fresh clean tablet to fix.

If you should see any wifi connection points listed in your wifi settings. Your wifi is at least picking up signals.

You can try editing the build.prop to allow 13 or 14 channels in Wifi if you are outside of the US. Or use ACE wifi fixer from the app store.

i un-rooted it before i sent it in. But guess i didn't pay enough attention. No biggie, I am a capable electronics dude and will check it out when it arrives back from Samsung today. Thx!

jribbe101

Oct 31, 2009
Actually I just got it back, and I forgot.. The wifi or bluetooth does not even turn on. I thought it was just not connecting, but when you hit the button to turn each on, it just turns itself off within 2 seconds. That's why I thought it was the wifi module being faulty. We shall see soon.

update... pulled the wifi module installed a new one. It seems like its the pcb board that holds the wifi/bluetooth chip

Last edited:

shahrit

Mar 2, 2011
Hi jribbe101,

I am in the same position with my GT-N5110. Wifi just wouldn't turn on and I need to replace wifi BT module. Would appreciate if you can guide me on where to get the replacement part and how to fix it please?

Thanks