Razr HD Cases

Search This thread

rokr1292

Feb 26, 2013
Anyone tried the aluminum case from pdair? I think I'm gonna try it. Using true Verizon one with kickstand now

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
I liked the Motorola (Same as Verizon) OEM case and holder with kickstand best as far as functionality, but the pattern on the design plus the thickness didn´t really appeal to me. So I found the perfect replacement with the Puregear version. It´s stronger, thinner and the pattern is sooo much more discreet and elegant, its perfect for mae. Plus I can safely vouch that after 4 nasty falls, both the phone and the case are still absolutely 100% perfect and absolutely flawless, not a single blemish. Extremely satisfied! :)

Here is the picture:

main_1.png
second.png
third.png

And I got it specifically from this vendor, if anyone is tinterested in a seller recommendation that while below msrp can still be proven as good:

Puregear-Belt-Clip-Shell-Holster-Case-Kick-Stand-for-Motorola-Droid-RAZR-HD

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mofedog

cmajpwc

Jan 5, 2011
o.O
I've been using the feather case and absolutely love it. My only issue is that it doesn't sit too well in the car dock because it's significantly thinner than whatever case Motorola decided to use for their dock. However, using it on a 2 1/2 hour road trip and it held up perfectly. All I plan on doing though is add a couple tiny strips of roam rubber on the inside so it sits a little bit more snug as if it had a mold for the feather case specifically.

How cool would it be if case manufacturers actually made molds to fit the OEM car dock and packaged it with their cases? Just a thought!

Reactions: jfriend33

Mofedog

Jul 3, 2013
I've been using the feather case and absolutely love it. My only issue is that it doesn't sit too well in the car dock because it's significantly thinner than whatever case Motorola decided to use for their dock. However, using it on a 2 1/2 hour road trip and it held up perfectly. All I plan on doing though is add a couple tiny strips of roam rubber on the inside so it sits a little bit more snug as if it had a mold for the feather case specifically.

How cool would it be if case manufacturers actually made molds to fit the OEM car dock and packaged it with their cases? Just a thought!

That would be nice! I have the otterbox commuter which only just fits in the car dock. It is so bulky that I can't get the phone to go into car mode and charge easily, I have to really jam it in....annoying.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

I liked the Motorola (Same as Verizon) OEM case and holder with kickstand best as far as functionality, but the pattern on the design plus the thickness didn´t really appeal to me. So I found the perfect replacement with the Puregear version. It´s stronger, thinner and the pattern is sooo much more discreet and elegant, its perfect for mae. Plus I can safely vouch that after 4 nasty falls, both the phone and the case are still absolutely 100% perfect and absolutely flawless, not a single blemish. Extremely satisfied! :)

And I got it specifically from this vendor, if anyone is tinterested in a seller recommendation that while below msrp can still be proven as good:

This case looks like what I want. Do you know if this will fit the XT925 and are you using the official car dock with this case by any chance?

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
This case looks like what I want. Do you know if this will fit the XT925 and are you using the official car dock with this case by any chance?

Yes, what I have is the Fido/Rogers Canadian version of the XT925, and it fits absolutely perfect. The MAXX version of the verizon model of this phone is a bit thicker, and so its important to make it clear that the MAXX does NOT fit this case.. Anyways, I also don´t use the car dock, so there I cant give you any info. Cheers! ;)

Reactions: Mofedog

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Case Mate Barely There after 2 weeks of light use. Soft touch coating peeling off everywhere. Replacement process was easy, arrived direct from mfr in 3 days. Problem with this case is the lip doesn't continue the full left side of the phone. Incipio feather still in great shape.

I've seen some of the grey colored feather cases selling new as low as $8. I only tried the case mate because it was $5.99 shipped. Plus the incipio includes a great quality screen protector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373725253226.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373725253226.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 228
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373725275298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373725275298.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 249
M

mentose457

I recently picked up an Incipio DualPro case. So far I really like it. Its much better than the Trident my sister bought for hers. Here are some pics for those interested.

IMG_20130724_013919.jpg

IMG_20130724_013954.jpg

IMG_20130724_013859.jpg

IMG_20130724_013928.jpg

IMG_20130724_013936.jpg

IMG_20130724_013943.jpg

NOT SURE IF POSTER IS STUPID
DSC_0093.NEF.jpg

OR JUST STUPID

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Thanks for the pics of the dual pro. Looks like a nice case. I think it also comes with the vanity kit? The incipio screen protectors are easy to apply. I had to use a little soapy water to get mine on just right. They are also washable after you remove them fyi.

The bumpers have been available at least since March when I got this phone. But they weren't that cheap. Might grab a pack for when I'm not leaving the house. Thanks guys

Sead79

Mar 25, 2008
Does anyone make an iPhone style bumper protector for the Razr HD? I find that I am constantly damaging the corners, but the front and r surfaces are fine. Almost a shame to cover up the back CF.

al2fast

Dec 17, 2010
My wife has the pink dual pro since January of this year. Holding up great, but she is easier on her phones than I am. It offers great protection, IMO. One thing I noticed is the rubber on the case is very soft and gummy and pliable as compared to the rubber on the diztronic case that I use. I have dropped my phone numerous times and the diztronic is doing a great job!

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I would get on Google shopper and find a cheap deal and get another color. That grey color looks pretty decent although I love my neon blue one.

Been thinking about painting my defective casemate barely there.

puska

Oct 28, 2010
Hamilton

Here is the picture:

main_1.png
second.png
third.png

Puregear-Belt-Clip-Shell-Holster-Case-Kick-Stand-for-Motorola-Droid-RAZR-HD

Ordered from same seller shipping to Canada was rather quick and it's great case thanks for recommendation

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ajape

Mofedog

Jul 3, 2013
Ordered from same seller shipping to Canada was rather quick and it's great case thanks for recommendation

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

I finally received this case after waiting 4 weeks for shipping and it is great, fits into the official vehicle dock perfectly unlike the otterbox commuter. thanks again ajape.

Reactions: ajape

niksy+

Jan 16, 2012
My wife has the pink dual pro since January of this year. Holding up great, but she is easier on her phones than I am. It offers great protection, IMO. One thing I noticed is the rubber on the case is very soft and gummy and pliable as compared to the rubber on the diztronic case that I use. I have dropped my phone numerous times and the diztronic is doing a great job!

Has it actually split into pieces until now, mate? :) How much more protection would you say that it offers when compared with the Diztronics one?

*EDIT* Huh, anyone got experience with both Otterbox and Trident cases? I'm confused with the following...

Medium protection - Trident Aegies vs Otterbox Commuter vs Incipio Dual Pro? (the Incipio one has the highest rating on Amazon, with the Commuter having the lowest :S )

Heavy duty protection - Trident AMS Kraken vs Otterbox Defender? (does everyone have the mentioned isse with the screen protector on the Defender? I like that it's hard plastic, but how much does it hinder touch responsiveness? And does the outer rubber become fluby on all Defenders? That would suck :/ )

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts