Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 SCH-i925

Search This thread

geswek

Jul 13, 2012
PA
I didn't want mine updated. I bought it on Monday and the VZW associate hit update while he was setting everything up after he put the SIM card in. I should have told him not to do anything, but I was too busy walking around the store, looking at stuff to buy. I wonder...if I return it and ask for a replacement, will it have the older FW on it.....?

It probably would; they don't update them until they are bought.

I always tell them not to touch it. I'll do everything myself.

piotr1971

Jun 30, 2009
It probably would; they don't update them until they are bought.

I always tell them not to touch it. I'll do everything myself.

Hi,

I have at my hands:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I925_NA_VZW
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNOLAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL

Model Number SCH-I925
Android version 4.1.2
Baseband version I925VRAMK1
Kernel version 3.0.31-1481643
Build number JZO54K.I925VRAMK1
Hardware version I925.03

Is is possible to root this device & put custom ROM & CM ?

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
Hi,

I have at my hands:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I925_NA_VZW
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNOLAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL

Model Number SCH-I925
Android version 4.1.2
Baseband version I925VRAMK1
Kernel version 3.0.31-1481643
Build number JZO54K.I925VRAMK1
Hardware version I925.03

Is is possible to root this device & put custom ROM & CM ?

+1 to the question, I have the identical to this poster. I can't believe that the trail ends prior to this updated firmware and there's no hope for us! All I really want is Root so I can do (easy) backups of my app data and system.

rabbani000

Mar 12, 2012
have you had any further luck

Guys here is a small update on my case.

Good News: The soft bricked I925 is once again working with certain limitations. I had mariosraptor (post credits to him) install a clean non verizon N8020 version on it.

Bad News: Despite the fact that sim card gets recognized, it does not gets activated. Another possible problem "haven't yet figured out" is GPS.

Things to clear out...
I really don't know if I had the bootloader changed while trying to recover it at the beginning. In Odin's download mode, the model refers as GT-N8010 and not as SCH-I925. Members can validate thought...

I too have same problem .... I just wanted to ask, have you had any further luck in make the firmware work properly and unlocking the sim ...???

ragin39

Mar 16, 2015
sch-i925 unlocked

The note 10.1 LTE cannot be used with another carrier in the US. Verizon won't unlock it. They say it is already unlocked so that you won't bother them anymore.

The verizon sch-i925 can be used with other carriers. You have to change the APN. It's real simple. Mine is being used on tmobile right.

nchall

Jan 5, 2011
DId anyone ever get an image of the firmware previous to MK1 so that we can revert to it and unlock the bootloader? Thank you.

dcjbb2

Jan 3, 2016
sch-i925

DId anyone ever get an image of the firmware previous to MK1 so that we can revert to it and unlock the bootloader? Thank you.

my system status is custom, im also looking for the older firmware because i dont know what i was running but im have the blinking screen with odin mode only

spadz93

Jun 9, 2013
I got root access with vRoot, and am now in the process of trying to clean off it's cr*p chinese GUI and replace with chainfire's SuperSU (post #14 here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670522&page=2). Hoping to try and flash CWM or TWRP or some sort of custom recovery for ROMs, but can't really get a definite answer as to if this is possible on VRAMK1. Is it? I know the bootloader is locked, much like it was on the Galaxy S5 for the longest time, which was combated by using safestrap instead. Just trying to weigh my options

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How much did you pay for it? can you give me the link on ebay where you bought it from? I have been looking all over waiting anxiously to get my hands on that verizon note 10.1. You already sent it back to him or is it still with you?
    UPDATE: Soft unbrick Verizon I925

Guys here is a small update on my case.

Good News: The soft bricked I925 is once again working with certain limitations. I had mariosraptor (post credits to him) install a clean non verizon N8020 version on it.

Bad News: Despite the fact that sim card gets recognized, it does not gets activated. Another possible problem "haven't yet figured out" is GPS.

Things to clear out...
    I really don't know if I had the bootloader changed while trying to recover it at the beginning. In Odin's download mode, the model refers as GT-N8010 and not as SCH-I925. Members can validate thought...
    I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I have the exact same problem is Imor, is there anything I can do?
    thanks

Hi Fofosal,

No solution so far. Will update you of any progress.