[KERNEL] [test] [MM 6.0 Stock ROM] Frankenlenok (AW2 test kernels on post #86)

Search This thread

-iNSiGhT-

Aug 22, 2011
Montpellier
Dual version is really more pleasant and snappier than stock. Especially between screens navigating into apps or in watch settings.

The quad seems even more fluid and fast, will see if it justify the more drain it will have.

Think the quad could be THE kernel when sources will be out and you could tune it finer (hot plug etc...).

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Puderzo

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki
Battery stats

Been rocking the quad kernel since Sunday evening. Man, what a difference!

After running Frankenlenok on 1.5, I'd almost forgot how horribly slow stock AW is on this watch. The weekend (accidentally updated on Saturday) was an absolute pain, with the watch almost going in the trash then and there because it was so damn slow. But now I'm a happy camper again! For those out there still contemplating, here's my battery stats from today. Light use (mostly checking notifications, no standalone apps used), wifi on, screen always on, brightness on 3, Watchmaker custom face.

elhGpdWgfUrGFf1i0Aq4ozsmUVf1ndRtQrp4xe7mykZTB14J61cargYbL-4QOKCBWyC6nZpSWtYcwYw0bOreCv5KTe-oCjDYARJE9YaM8-BxIcoFt47UqViurrifprf2Z2KVuMw

And for comparison, here are the battery stats for my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) for the same time period. Even after putting it on the charger (Fast Charging) for a while when I got home from work, they now have the same estimated end of battery at a bit more than 22 hours after initial charge ending.

pD_ft-k_T2NjaC38xEtX1yMuPbOlmzT_5YxjzvjLjzwQTR6mTJPvToJzsmXBbusAyQN6ncFnu6UDUoHqJgfaSCjyK_mFe5llIlOh3msrdxSC2FelLOefIwX074ctlT7yOJGsfoY

I can't really comment on how this compares to stock AW 2.0 battery stats, as it's so slow that it's practically unusable; no matter if it lasted three times as long, I still wouldn't keep it stock.

Thank you Dirtyhank for the great work!

- Pud.0

Reactions: dirtyhank

-iNSiGhT-

Aug 22, 2011
Montpellier
Yesterday, with quad version, I finish my day with 50% left.
Booting the watch at 9AM (holiday time...) and putting it back on cradle at 1AM with 50% as said before.

Trying again dual version today to see if it's really more battery friendly. But from what I've seen at this time, it will not be that different (61% at the moment, booting the watch at 9AM like yesterday).

Think I'll flash the quad version of it's only about a few percents battery a day.

Always on and WiFi on.

Reactions: dirtyhank

stevep113

Sep 25, 2007
Dual version gave me 5% per hour today from 0800-1500, not bad

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Dual version gave me 5% per hour today from 0800-1500, not bad

WiFi auto, screen always on, tilt to wake on, gestures of

Reactions: DeXTeRrR

drewcu

Jan 31, 2012
Can someone please tell me how long this process should take? ADB just says "Downloading..." and never seems to finish (let it go all night, and then tried again and let it go 33 minutes). (My bootloader is unlocked, ADB seems to be able to execute other commands through my computer to the watch, but for the record I do have a 3rd party charger.)

Code:
fastboot boot bootdual.img

Thanks!

Charsher47

Feb 9, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Can someone please tell me how long this process should take? ADB just says "Downloading..." and never seems to finish (let it go all night, and then tried again and let it go 33 minutes). (My bootloader is unlocked, ADB seems to be able to execute other commands through my computer to the watch, but for the record I do have a 3rd party charger.)

Code:

Thanks!

It only takes a few seconds.. You are booting to fastboot first right? (adb reboot bootloader)

Your fastboot drivers could need to be redone. ADB is is not fastboot.

Last edited:

drewcu

Jan 31, 2012
It only takes a few seconds.. You are booting to fastboot first right? (adb reboot bootloader)

Oh wow, that's good to know! Yeah doing the "adb reboot bootloader" first and it goes to bootloader. "Adb devices" pulls up with my serial/device while in fastboot so it seems to work as expected. Just not sure why the flashing isn't...

Looks like you edited your previous msg - where would I get fastboot drivers? Got my Android drivers from in the internet and Windows seems to accept them with no missing driver messages.

Last edited:

dirtyhank

Mar 2, 2010
@dirtyhank

If i use fastboot boot quad boot.img command, and turn off my watch, when i turn on it, what boot use my watch? Boot or quadboot? Thank you!

If you use the boot command and you switch off or reboot the watch then it'll boot with stock kernel (1 core). If you try quad or dual for a few days and you're happy with one of them I suggest you flash it so it can "survive" reboots.

Reactions: jordirpz

stevep113

Sep 25, 2007
Testing out a single core version with CPU scaling 300-900mhz, ondemand. Works very well no real lag it is obviously slower than the 2 core version but gives acceptable performance. Just time to establish battery use, but should be quite good

Reactions: DeXTeRrR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While the sources for AW2.0 are released I've modified the NXG47C boot.img to improve performance and hopefully fix the laggy UI. The changes from stock boot image are:
    • Up to 4 cores enabled (1 on stock)
    • 998 MHz max_frequency (787 MHz on stock)
    • ondemand governor (powersave on stock)
    I've uploaded two test versions, one with two cores enabled and one with four:
    For now I wouldn't flash them until more thorough testing can be done. Instead, boot directly from fastboot mode like this:
    Code:

If you feel adventurous give them a try a let us know how they work for you and which version you like the most.

EDIT: For the record, you need an unlocked bootloader to test these images.
    Introduction

This is a kernel for LG Watch R built from stock sources (android-msm-lenok-3.10-marshmallow-mr1-wear-release branch) with some minor tuning and modifications for now. I'll probably add more features and optimizations but for the time being is pretty much stock on steroids.

This kernel is for stock ROM MEC23G

Disclaimer

Although I try to test it and keep it as stable as possible some of the changes can be considered experimental stuff, so don't blame me if it acts weird or goes up in flames.

Features
    • Multicore enabled
    • Bricked Hotplug (cores are plugged/unplugged based on load, when screen is off only 1 core is active. Read this post)
    • Power efficient workqueues
    • CPU Touch Boost
    • /dev/frandom support
    • Optimization flags
    • UBER Toolchain 4.9

Installation instructions

Download the boot image, reboot into bootloader and flash with fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Alternatively you can test drive it without flashing:
    Code:
    fastboot boot boot.img

Download

Latest version is v0.4.1

Full and updated source code available on github.

Donations

I don't deserve that much credit for this kernel, I just try different combinations and make minor modifications to see which one appears to work better. However, I spend many hours working on this and doing extensive testing, if you feel like helping me out I'd appreciate some tiny donations to cover some minor expenses. Thank you!

Thanks To/Credits
    flar2
    franciscofranco
    showp1984
    intersectRaven
    AudioGod

XDA:DevDB Information
    Frankenlenok, Kernel for the LG G Watch R

Contributors
    dirtyhank
    Source Code: https://github.com/dirty-hank/frankenlenok

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-03-21
    Last Updated 2017-04-09
    Can you guys give this version a try and let me know how it works for you?

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767099820
    Hi there

Sorry for not stopping by but I haven't had much time to spare lately and TBH, since there wasn't much interest in this kernel, I kinda put it aside for a while.

If you guys think it's worth an update I'll try to find some time and give it a quick try :)
    Changelog

v0.4.1 (2016-03-31)

• Fix wrong kernel image

v0.4 (2016-03-31)

• CPU max frequency cap to 1GHz
    • Touchboost frequency decrease to 787MHz
    • Hotplug thresholds tuning
    • CPU frequency set to 300MHz when screen off

v0.3 (2016-03-26)

• Switch to interactive governor by default
    • Switch to noop scheduler by default
    • Remove CPU max frequency cap