FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,273
 
By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2018, 11:07 AM |#11161  
lu99ke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapaSte

I'm searching for a compact tablet (8" would be right) possibly with 4g feature.
I'm undecided among Lenovo P8 and Chuwi Hi9 Pro and I'd like to get the better in terms of overall performance, display quality and average battery life, considering they have the same price tag.

Sent with my Huawei Nova Titanium

I have Lenovo P8 ( tab 3 8 plus ) - got t as a replacement for my finally dead Nexus 7 2013. Really good screen for the price... good specs for the price too - SD626 and 3 gb of RAM serves it pretty well - the only limitation really is the 16GB.

The P8 on stock firmware was ok - some really annoying little things with it and a bit janky but ok overall - pretty close to stock android experience. A great developer here has created LOS 14.1 and now 15.1 for it... makes a MASSIVE difference to the tablet - highly recommend it now

https://forum.xda-developers.com/thi...-plus-t3796119

Cannot speak for the Chuwi in comparison... but the P8 with LOS is a great lightweight tablet for basic things - good for the price.
19th August 2018, 01:17 PM |#11162  
TapaSte's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I've already had a Lenovo P8 (8703f) with Lineage 15. The only concern was the battery life, in my case, not too long.
Now I'm undecided if to buy a P8 again (8703x) or a Chuwi...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu99ke

I have Lenovo P8 ( tab 3 8 plus ) - got t as a replacement for my finally dead Nexus 7 2013. Really good screen for the price... good specs for the price too - SD626 and 3 gb of RAM serves it pretty well - the only limitation really is the 16GB.

The P8 on stock firmware was ok - some really annoying little things with it and a bit janky but ok overall - pretty close to stock android experience. A great developer here has created LOS 14.1 and now 15.1 for it... makes a MASSIVE difference to the tablet - highly recommend it now

https://forum.xda-developers.com/thi...-plus-t3796119

Cannot speak for the Chuwi in comparison... but the P8 with LOS is a great lightweight tablet for basic things - good for the price.

Sent with my Huawei Nova Titanium
21st August 2018, 09:16 AM |#11163  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Kindly provide the answers based on personal or friends experiences because over internet I get so many stuffs to read in reviews that I don't end up in a satisfactory conclusion. I need to buy a smart phone with following criteria:
1. I want to use it for at least 10-15 years without major issues.
2. It should have negligible software issues (eg: hanging, lag in the speedy performance of apps, crashing of apps etc.) and negligible bloatwares.
3. It should have loud audio volume and very good audio quality through speakers and headphone jack for media files as well as for calls.
4. It should have the feature to store apps in SD card and contacts in SIM card. If SD card slot is not present then it should have the feature to store apps in SD card via USB port.
5. It should have USB OTG feature.
6. I am into basic smartphone features i.e., speedy performance of apps, good quality and high volume of media files and calls, excellent network receptions even in weak signal areas and not into other features like themes, too many apps, customizations etc.
21st August 2018, 11:08 AM |#11164  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi everyone! LG V30 or Sony XZPremium???. I was lookin for a phone for about 400 euros to replace my old Sony Z4 (or z3+) and I came up with these two that i like the most and match the price range. Of course the V30 wins easily on weight and dimensions (with a bigger screen) but I love the xzp display and side fingerprint sensor too.... What do you think? They told me the V30 front camera sucks, is the xzp better? Which phones wins on the multimedia side (photos, videos, etc)? Thanks in advance for your opinions

(I also considered the MI Mix 2s but the I think the low front camera is really uncomfortable....)
21st August 2018, 11:33 AM |#11165  
lu99ke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barolo999

Hi everyone! LG V30 or Sony XZPremium???. I was lookin for a phone for about 400 euros to replace my old Sony Z4 (or z3+) and I came up with these two that i like the most and match the price range. Of course the V30 wins easily on weight and dimensions (with a bigger screen) but I love the xzp display and side fingerprint sensor too.... What do you think? They told me the V30 front camera sucks, is the xzp better? Which phones wins on the multimedia side (photos, videos, etc)? Thanks in advance for your opinions

(I also considered the MI Mix 2s but the I think the low front camera is really uncomfortable....)

Hey... Can't speak for the V30... But had XZP and loved it! I like Sony's design language and was fine with its bezels. Screen was great.. sound was great but not the loudest...excellent with headphones. Software was outstanding - good updates and very snappy. Camera was good in daylight but suffered in low light pretty badly. FP reader on side is actually best position on a phone in my opinion.

I only sold it as I ended up getting Pixel 2 XL ..
24th August 2018, 03:38 PM |#11166  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Hello. Been thinking to replace my old Asus Transformer Prime with something else.

Im looking for :

9'- 11' screen size
Would be great if it had corning gorilla glass 2+
Would be great if Amoled

Android 5.0+
1.8 Ghz +
Quadcore at least
3 GB RAM at least
32 GB with Micro SD / 64 GB without Micro SD

Battery good, lets say over 2500

Anything else doesnt matter

Some great customs roms, without forced encryption, performance optimized and with detailed instructions. For noobs.

Budget : 1000$

So far ive found
- Samsung Tab S3 (great specs, performance lacking as seen in some xda forums, lacking good roms)
- Samsung Tab S4 (great specs, performance no idea, lacking roms)
-Google Pixel C (great specs, lots of bugs, havent find where to buy on market, since i reside in Romania)
-Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (great specs, force encrypted, good roms)
-Asus Zenpad 3S 10 (great specs, difficult to root, lacking roms)
-Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, Z4 (seems great specs, on gsmarena says 2.3 ghz krait in 2014. Kind of too good to be true. Anyone can verify or back this up ? How good are these tablets)

Have i missed any ?
24th August 2018, 08:28 PM |#11167  
tsongming's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,885
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colaxda

Is there any 190$ android smart phone with 1080(FHD) display and at least 3GB ram? Please mention the model if any.

If you can spend a little extra, you will not find a better phone for the price
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 64GB Black, Dual Sim, 5.99", 6GB RAM, GSM Unlocked

Less expensive excellent option that is also custom Rom friendly
Xiaomi Mi A1 32GB, Factory Unlocked - North America Compatible Global Version (Black)

Letv Le Max 2


Hope these suggestions help.
25th August 2018, 11:55 AM |#11168  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i do not care about camera. i'm ok with having a battery that can last 5-6 hours. one giga ram minimum. i want the phone to be flexible when it come mes to installing toms and stuff like that. the closer it is to stock the better. i want to be fast and quick when i insert stuff or do basic stuff on screen. i want to be able to watch videos on it. i do not mind if the phone is 720p

budget: any price
26th August 2018, 02:45 PM |#11169  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zocex

i do not care about camera. i'm ok with having a battery that can last 5-6 hours. one giga ram minimum. i want the phone to be flexible when it come mes to installing toms and stuff like that. the closer it is to stock the better. i want to be fast and quick when i insert stuff or do basic stuff on screen. i want to be able to watch videos on it. i do not mind if the phone is 720p

budget: any price

since any budget, try the Samsung Galaxy S9+ . best phone to date, great specs, roms, if not existent, will be made.
28th August 2018, 10:58 PM |#11170  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
essential phone alternative
bought an essential phone and I like the speed/ vanilla android but the camera is what really kills it for me and was looking for a 6"+ display and hopefully something the can shoot 4k 60fps but not a requirement . looking for something else 500ish
29th August 2018, 12:11 AM |#11171  
Senior Member
Flag Lillington, NC
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatticus

bought an essential phone and I like the speed/ vanilla android but the camera is what really kills it for me and was looking for a 6"+ display and hopefully something the can shoot 4k 60fps but not a requirement . looking for something else 500ish

One+ 6
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes