I'm looking for suggestions about which phone to replace my busted HTC 10.
Some background about an otherwise perfectly fine phone:
I bought it online from overseas, because it was cheaper than buying it here, the catch was "one year warranty if you send it back overseas to us at your expense" kind of deal. So, yea, no warranty.
The phone itself was brand new (or so it seemed, sealed package with everything HTC banded original, with working OTA - did the Nougat to Oreo OTA update in my hands).
It has run fine for all this time, on stock ROM and kernel, but some 2 or 3 months ago, it suddenly caught the wakelocks.
It's draining something like 3%+ battery per hour, when idle, and no custom ROM/Kernel, no amount of factory resets, can fix it.
Asked/searched around the web, provided GSam and Amplify screenshots, posts got abandoned/ignored.
Currently on latest version of LeeDroid (custom ROM, as last ditch attempt to fix the issue). In 24 hours of idle time, it drained the battery from 70% down to 1%. Bluetooth on, WiFi off, NFC off, Mobile data off, Location on battery saving mode.
I guess that it's time to shelf this boy and get a new one, much to my disappointment (and my wallet's pain) ...
What I'm looking for in a new phone:
Obviously, I'm not interested in a downgrade. So, here's what the new device should have/be able to do:
- Rootable/Customizable (MUST BE ROOTABLE, AT THE VERY LEAST, VERY IMPORTANT);
- SIM Unlocked;
- Europe/International version;
- Qualcomm SnapDragon 820 OR equivalent OR better (caveat - I've read bad stuff about Mediatek, I don't know much about SoC);
- 3000mAh battery OR better;
- MicroSD slot;
- At least 4GB RAM;
- At least 16GB internal storage (my HTC 10 has 32GB which is more than enough for my needs);
- At least 5,2'' screen size, preferably NOT AMOLED, with decent resolution (love the quality on my HTC 10);
- Gaming performance/quality similar to the HTC 10.
Nice to have/do:
- Type-C USB slot - bought a bunch of cables and adapters for the HTC 10, would like to keep using them;
- Stereo speakers - HTC 10 has it, good immersion for gaming and playing music/videos;
- 3,5mm audio jack - mainly to plug into the car audio, which does not have wireless connectivity.
Budget: Ideally around 300 euros or below, absolute maximum 600 euros (oof ouch my wallet hurts make it stop).
Thank you very much for your suggestions, in advance.